PDA

View Full Version : Rep

vexacion
01-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but how do I go about getting 5-star rep on my gamer profile? Do I -have- to play online and be rated or can just anyone rate me? Being 3-stars sucks, but I never do any online gaming.

Psycho Chickan
01-12-2010, 04:32 AM
You need to go online and other people rate you from their Xbox. Most easily done by people adding you as friends or by playing against you then going to their "Recent Players" tab.

Then they just need to select your gamertag (so they view your profile on Xbox live) then select "Submit Player Review". Once in there they select prefer this player to leave positive feedback.

This is used when matching you up in games though so, if you never play online, I wouldn't worry about having a low rating as it won't be used for anything.

I've sent you a friend request. Accept and I'll rate you. You're on your way :)

Not sure if there's a way to do it without a console signed in but I couldn't see it on the profile page

http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Falcron

bapae
01-12-2010, 04:32 AM
Use the search tool first off

and second off you must get good rep submitted to you by people you played a multiplayer game with. Don't worry about it its going to go up to 5 star no matter what. just wait a few days to a week and it should be 5 star in no time.

Pootcrum
01-12-2010, 06:31 AM
OR! dont worry about it. The rep system IMO is completely useless. People say that its used for matchmaking but I dont believe that, I definitely get matched against 3 star people all the time. Its just another one of those systems that Microsoft implemented with grand views that never eventuated, like the gaming zone.

Tobes v1
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
This will sound strange but it takes a while to get to 5 stars with 'Positive' reviews, it's actually quicker to have at least 1 'Negative' review. I've had second account with 100% avoided and 5 star rep, so it is a bit weird. Regadless, if you play online for a few games with plenty of different people, you'll eventually get your 5 stars

Volzagia
01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Just send a message to all your friends to good rep you and you should get it in no time :)

Jakethemuss
01-15-2010, 10:23 PM
This will sound strange but it takes a while to get to 5 stars with 'Positive' reviews, it's actually quicker to have at least 1 'Negative' review. I've had second account with 100% avoided and 5 star rep, so it is a bit weird. Regadless, if you play online for a few games with plenty of different people, you'll eventually get your 5 stars

I think afew players have given me bad rep for kill stealing in Gears, I've only ever done that afew times though. I haven't really done much else which deserves bad rep, I don't f**k around in games and DO play as best I can towards whatever goal there is.