PDA

View Full Version : Return to Ostagar is on the Marketplace

HamKet
01-13-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't know if it's supposed to be available or not, but it's available to purchase on the US Marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0017-0000-4000-8000-0000454108c0?cid=SLink

I have not downloaded it yet as I won't be able to play it for another 9 hours.

EDIT: The DLC has been pulled until further notice. Who knows when it will be back.

Albedo Piazzolla
01-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Just got it from the European/Swedish marketplace. Playing it right now,weird that it's not showing up on the news though.

RadiantViper
01-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Already downloaded it and beat it, took about 30 minutes. Pretty meh in my opinion, but you get a few cool items.

Xylon Uxkid
01-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Wow 30 mins, kind of sucky. But I just bought it too, lets hope its good.

squid5580
01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Canada has it as well. Any bugs or anything?

RadiantViper
01-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Heads up: I leveled up during the DLC and all the specializations I had unlocked (besides the ones I had active on a character) became relocked. Other people on social.bioware.com are reporting this issue as well.

Xylon Uxkid
01-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Does this include 1 achievement? And also is it working or is it glitched?

RadiantViper
01-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Does this include 1 achievement? And also is it working or is it glitched?

Yeah, it includes a 25 point achievement and it popped just fine. As I said above, the only bug I've found is the specialization one. Everything else works fine.

Theslatcher
01-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Just got it from the European/Swedish marketplace. Playing it right now,weird that it's not showing up on the news though.
Same did i, Swedish marketplace FTW! lol, but i can't find Duncan's armor :(

Xylon Uxkid
01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it includes a 25 point achievement and it popped just fine. As I said above, the only bug I've found is the specialization one. Everything else works fine.

Thanks for the quick answer. I was kind of worry.

DOOKH8R
01-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.
Getting it now

Tsuarn
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Same did i, Swedish marketplace FTW! lol, but i can't find Duncan's armor :(

you cant get his armor just his weapons

Heads up: I leveled up during the DLC and all the specializations I had unlocked (besides the ones I had active on a character) became relocked. Other people on social.bioware.com are reporting this issue as well.

same here i completed the game on those chars and the other one im playing now has just left lothering so its not a big deal but it does suck! they better fix it before Awaking

Sentok
01-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I really wonder why this wasn't made as a big announcement, but thanks for letting me know it was up! I was going to check soon anyway, I imagine. =)

Sizzlebuzz
01-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh sweetness. Going to buy this right now I guess. I already figured it would be extremely short.

Jemocasa
01-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Finally. Although too short, still fun to play. Also glad they fixed the DLC achievements from early on.

squid5580
01-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I really wonder why this wasn't made as a big announcement, but thanks for letting me know it was up! I was going to check soon anyway, I imagine. =)

By what I am reading over on the BW boards this is a bit unexpected on thier end. It looks like MS might have jumped the gun or something because the devs seemed to be just as surprised as we are. It took them all day to get an official post up about it.

quadeo
01-13-2010, 09:44 PM
they wouldnt "delay" it and release it unnanounced unless there were problems with it or it wasnt worth the money.

definetly waiting on reviews for this one first

ramarcos
01-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Only 1 achievement? The achievement says defeat the Ogre that killed King Cailan. I thought Duncan killed the Ogre? Watch the cinematics at the end of the Battle of Ostagar. lol

WonderCaliban
01-13-2010, 10:21 PM
they wouldnt "delay" it and release it unnanounced unless there were problems with it or it wasnt worth the money.

Just played it. Only took about 30 mins and there is nest to no plot.

For 400 points its not bad, but its nothing special.

Purge
01-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Are there achievements for this DLC?

Method
01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Are there achievements for this DLC? http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1057/s7.jpgIn War, Victory 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Defeated the ogre that killed King Cailan

I updated the guide to explain how to get it(although it's almost impossible to miss honestly).

Richie Sambuca
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't see it on Marketplace in Canada. Does anyone know if it got pulled?

Dave of Canada
01-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Only 1 achievement? The achievement says defeat the Ogre that killed King Cailan. I thought Duncan killed the Ogre? Watch the cinematics at the end of the Battle of Ostagar. lol

*SPOILERS*

Zombie Ogre.

HamKet
01-14-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't see it on Marketplace in Canada. Does anyone know if it got pulled?

Try this: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/games/offers/0ccf0017-0000-4000-8000-0000454108c0?cid=SLink

Richie Sambuca
01-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Try this: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/games/offers/0ccf0017-0000-4000-8000-0000454108c0?cid=SLink

That worked like a charm. Thanks man!

tF SKULL
01-14-2010, 03:17 AM
just went to get and its gone what the hell

xxJUSTINxx
01-14-2010, 03:34 AM
just went to get and its gone what the hell
Yeah, it seems to be really glitchy right now. Every time I tried to purchase it, it would say it was free and then give an error.

Tasty Empire
01-14-2010, 03:47 AM
This is from the BioWare forums:

Hello Dragon Age fans

This morning a title update on the Xbox 360 for Dragon Age: Origins was made available in preparation for the release of Return to Ostagar. This title update introduced a previously undetected issue that causes specialization classes to not work correctly in Dragon Age: Origins. We are removing Return to Ostagar from Xbox Live until the issue is resolved and are recommending that you do not download the title update. If you have already performed the update, we apologize for this and are working hard to ensure a fix is available as soon as possible.

We will provide more information to you when it is available.

Here's the link if you want to keep track:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/608506

DOOKH8R
01-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Just played it, not bad for 5 bucks. Can pick up a couple good weapons and armor.

MisaaAmane
01-14-2010, 05:24 AM
So I come home
Read the update
Get all excited to go get it.
Can't find it on xblmarketplace
Go to check on the PC it has a page with it to download free o.0 i was like no way. Then it tells me that offer is not available in my region. I go to my xbl and it says theres no DLC in existance.
I'm like WTF, then i read forum and find out it's been taken off.. way to go Bioware. Get my hopes up and destroy it >.>

Tsuarn
01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
thank god i downloaded it like 5 min. after the update was released :p

MisaaAmane
01-14-2010, 08:27 AM
you lucky ):

tF SKULL
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
be back in a couple days probably i can deal with that

Trash Man
01-14-2010, 07:33 PM
I was also gonig to pick this up after work today to get the achievement from it.

From what I can understand, I should not bother trying to play my current game at the moment, until there is a new title update?

Method
01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
From what I can understand, I should not bother trying to play my current game at the moment, until there is a new title update? That'd be your best bet. Either that or clear your cache and play offline. It seems the title update is screwing up specializations and possibly the Recruiter achievement.

Devil Sora
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm just gonna play the damn game with or without this glitch. . . . I could care less about my specializations atm

Firegod83
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I just hope the "fix" they are putting out doesn't just fix the locking.. but rather they re-unlock the ones i have. I've already completed the game, I don't want to have to play through a few more times to get all the specs again for the expansion

Puselmuckel
01-17-2010, 05:15 PM
still not released on german marketplace!?

Vincent D. Vanderol
01-17-2010, 05:26 PM
As everywhere else it was withdrawn shortly after its release due to these update problems. I was fast enough to get it when it was launched though.

Strange enough that the Ostagar DLC has not been brought back online, I thought the root of all problems was the update (which is removed easily), not the DLC itself o_O

Devil Sora
01-18-2010, 06:29 AM
As everywhere else it was withdrawn shortly after its release due to these update problems. I was fast enough to get it when it was launched though.

Strange enough that the Ostagar DLC has not been brought back online, I thought the root of all problems was the update (which is removed easily), not the DLC itself o_O

you make a good point. . . . so I say to myself "Wtf? Wheres my DLC?!" for christ sake if its not out this Tuesday I've given up hope for it. . . . really. . . I have.

Richie Sambuca
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm just gonna play the damn game with or without this glitch. . . . I could care less about my specializations atm

That's sort of what I'm thinking. I downloaded it before it got pulled and got the update but haven't played it yet. So if I understand correctly, is the only thing that could happen is that my specializations get screwed up for that one save? Everything else works? The achievement still pops?

HamKet
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM

I bought the DLC when it was available, and also got the title update. However, I did not play through the DLC until after I removed the update from my system. When I played through, I did not get the achievement.

Based on my experience, I am under the impression that the RTO DLC requires the title update. If true, then it makes sense that the DLC hasn't been put back up for sale; since people would not be able to get the achievement otherwise.

Dragonx987
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
does any one know what is going on with the dlc... coz i tryed to download it off xbox live but it is not there and if i download it off the us site i need to be 18+ so if any one has the australian one plz post the url here plz

Trash Man
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
does any one know what is going on with the dlc... coz i tryed to download it off xbox live but it is not there and if i download it off the us site i need to be 18+ so if any one has the australian one plz post the url here plz

If you had read any of this thread, you would know why you can't download the DLC.

Dragonx987
01-19-2010, 06:49 AM
If you had read any of this thread, you would know why you can't download the DLC.

no i did not and even if i did i would have still asked the same god dam thing

Devil Sora
01-20-2010, 03:55 AM
I found out that the title update also corrupts your perfectionist achievement as well. . . . my friend was on his last ending and it didnt unlock for him lets just say he was a sad panda.

RhiN85
01-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I found out that the title update also corrupts your perfectionist achievement as well. . . . my friend was on his last ending and it didnt unlock for him lets just say he was a sad panda.

Damn, I was about to ask about this. I just have one more ending to go (if I remember rightly what I've already done) and got worried when I heard about cross-game achievements being messed up. Guess I'll wait til they fix things before finishing the game again. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Richie Sambuca
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I was able to download the DLC and get through it without any problems. I wouldn't dare play anything else on the game until this update gets fixed, however.

Dark Infinity 1
01-20-2010, 09:56 PM

That's actually a bug in the latest patch. To fix clear your system cache. You may have to load an old saved game that has them unlocked and save it again. But that part is sometimes unnecessary.

kliqIMB
01-21-2010, 04:35 AM

This is not always the case. I downloaded the update and had only finished two of the four endings. This was the only achievement that I needed (other than the RTO one) and I just went through the end-game and never leveled up when prompted (since I knew about the glitch) and the achievement unlocked just fine. Maybe your friend is experiencing something else.

A Silent Circus
01-21-2010, 06:08 AM

This didnt happen on my save file after downloading the patch, i had only done my first ending, downloaded the patch, then finished my other endings and still got my perfectionist achieve, didnt get my recruiter one however until i removed the patch, same with blight-queller

T i o u Z
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I had the chance to download the DLC soon enough and I played it, it's shorty but it's ok. The achievement is DLC related so you cant miss it.

Devil Sora
01-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Hmm weird I'll ask him more about it. I never got the TU so nothing on my file is messed. . . .

*sigh* any word on when RtO is coming out?

BILE1418
01-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Hopefully tuesday so I can play something while Im taking a break during ME 2

Pearson
01-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I finished all the achievements for this game back on 12/27/09 so I really wouldn't had to worry about the title update messing up any of my achievements. I didn't get RTO anyway because I missed it, so I'm not really too worried about it. Just wish they hurry up and fix it so I can 100% this game AGAIN!

BILE1418
01-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Return to Ostagar is on the U.S. marketplace right now but it won't let you download it from your 360 as of right now. I had to go download it from xbox.com to get it.

Peter Griffin
01-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Return to Ostagar is on the U.S. marketplace right now but it won't let you download it from your 360 as of right now. I had to go download it from xbox.com to get it.
Cool will download when i get home from work, hopefully it will have the patch with it as well.

Onslaught_fei
01-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Just 100%'d this game. There was a patch and I downloaded the DLC from the in-game store. DLC did not disappoint, some cool gear.

DMess91
01-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Got it, completed it, liked the extra bit of storyline, even though it was on the short side. Also, lots of loot :-)

100% again ftw.

jmac940
01-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Okay so i bought the RTO DLC and when i loaded up a character that had already finished the dragon age main story and did the ritual with morrigan, the achievement for sacrificing your self at the end of the game popped for me :s i was like wtf... did anyone else get this too?

XxStuartxX 1990
01-29-2010, 05:44 PM
have the problems with the cross game achievements and specializations been fixed yet

rondund
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Okay so i bought the RTO DLC and when i loaded up a character that had already finished the dragon age main story and did the ritual with morrigan, the achievement for sacrificing your self at the end of the game popped for me :s i was like wtf... did anyone else get this too?

Wow, me too!!!! A glitch that works to our favour! Any ideas anyone??

Le Hooch
01-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Does the patch finally fix the launch dlc achievements? And if so do we have to play again to unlock them or do they unlock when we load up the game? I loaned DA to a buddy when ME2 came out so I can't find out for myself yet. Anybody know?

jmac940
01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow, me too!!!! A glitch that works to our favour! Any ideas anyone??

haha good glitch indeed, its just i wanted to get it fairly but w.e i cant do anything about it.

Smiles90
01-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Does the patch finally fix the launch dlc achievements? And if so do we have to play again to unlock them or do they unlock when we load up the game? I loaned DA to a buddy when ME2 came out so I can't find out for myself yet. Anybody know?

Yessir! Everything unlocks like it should! You just might have to repeat one more part of the requirement to unlock it.