PDA

View Full Version : Wow, combat is addictive...

Skillet
03-05-2007, 10:26 PM
I've been playing the demo over and over lately, the forensic stuff is okay, but the combat is simply amazing. It's like Oblivion, but even better. If that's even possible.

I've found myself playing this one part over and over constantly. It just never gets old!

I do have a question though, how creepy is the game compared to FEAR? The demo isn't that bad, but I've heard that it's really nasty.

Without giving any real spoilers to the plot, can anybody give me an example of a "scary moment"? Just for reference.

Shaaady Souljah
03-05-2007, 10:53 PM
i played both from beginning to end and think Condemned is much creepier. there a lot of creepy parts and a lot of parts that will literally make you jump. like one time where you peak over the edge of this stairwell to see where a guy went and BOOM! someone jumps up at you in your face.

Skillet
03-06-2007, 03:07 AM
I think I saw that part in a trailer or something. Maybe it was on an OXM disk at the end of an interview?

But is that really it? Just creepy guys with trash bags on their heads jumping out all over?

Zef
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
i played both from beginning to end and think Condemned is much creepier. there a lot of creepy parts and a lot of parts that will literally make you jump. like one time where you peak over the edge of this stairwell to see where a guy went and BOOM! someone jumps up at you in your face.
Which bit was that?

There are a few strange bits, like living manakins which have fleshy looking faces when you smash their skulls a bit, finding body parts, finding the person who lost those body parts (but is still alive somehow) and whenever you get attacked from behind when you least expect it.

Shaaady Souljah
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
it was towards the beginning of the game. in one of the office/building-type looking areas. i cant remember exactly, but i think you are following some guy (maybe the first time you are following the bad guy after the first level) and he goes down some stairs... and if you go to look where he went by leaning over the edge (you dont have to, but i was curious) some crackhead jumps up towards you but he cant reach you.

the game is much creepier than just people jumping out, no doubt. the manikins part was creepy too. and towards the end it is really dark and you will just randomly get jumped by people.

Zef
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Some of the scariest parts are when you know something is going to pop out at you, but you don't have any good weapons. And those moments when you reach a fork in the road and have to decide whether to go down the dark and scary path or the other dark and scary path.

If you really want to see some pant poopage then turn off the lights, turn the game music down and the sound effects up then sit right next to the screen. When you finish playing your eyes will be in such bad shape you will scream your bottom off.

JC Elite
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I thought the game was very creepy in many spots. The audio and realistic movements of the characters in the game is the key.

Skillet
03-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, I rented it...I didn't think it was that bad until I saw some of the addicts in the subway tunnels and in the school...the ones that crawl around...ugh!

That and the "Hate"...they could be creepy at times.

I have to say the creepiest moment for me was *SPOILER!* when you find the locker where the gym teacher is dying and Rosa asks you for a close up...I waited for several seconds thinking "I KNOW something bad is going to happen here..."

MrEastSide
04-11-2007, 12:47 AM
Condemned creeped me out more. Although I felt like more of a bad ass mowing guys down in FEAR with the great weapons and cool physics.

Defcizion
04-12-2007, 02:16 AM
You make me wanna play this game bad!!!!
But I'm also extremly nightmare prone so I prolly will shy away from it

TacticalChaos15
05-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Yah, this game is wickedly addicting. I have only played it for around 4 hours now but I just go one level a week or so because I don't feel like taking the time to find all the stupid birds yet. I have played fear a ton and I thought it was scary and I have played the doom games and watched ton's of episodes of X-files and supernatural and still this game makes me jump some times. I play it at night, with the lights off and the door closed and the sound up. You see some stuff coming yet I still jumped sometimes. The thing is, in fear for example, I would be running down a halway with a freaking shotgun with 73 shells and the little girl would run across and I would shoot at her a couple of times ( it does nothing but makes you feel better) and then continue down and rip apart a couple of robot people guard ninja thingies with your 12 gauge. Now you are down to 50 shells, a couple of mags of pistol ammo, a few grenades, a flashlight, armor, slo mo. You get my drift, it isnt as scary when all the sudden the room shifts and you are walking on the ceiling with blood everywhere. In Condemned, you have one bulllet in you pistol, you have no more shells for you shotgun. Your taser is recharging and you flashlight is flickering. You are in a pitch black room and you hear breathing. Your not sure where it is coming from. You come to a split in the room, right or left. You here something around the left so you charge over to see someone pulling themself into the vent. all the sudden you are jumped from behind by an addict on a new super drug. you barely push him off and break your shotgun stock over his head. you walk a little bit closer and see some manaquins but what are they gonna do now??? You see what I mean, Fear is more of an action game with some good scares, Condemned is a thriller full of scares and some good action. I must say, Condemned is a better single player game in my oppinion, It has no multiplayer so if you love online , you probably won't like it as much. I highly recommend this game, I have only played it around 4 hours and it is pretty wicked sweet, for a mere 30 USD you will not be dissapointed!

ThrillKillBill
05-14-2007, 02:30 AM
good post tactical.

the creepiness to this game is why i loved it. it did something for me that i couldn't find in the resident evil series. don't get me wrong, i liked most of the RE games but there were so many boring spots where as condemned having you only fell really safe by pausing the game. new one is gonna rock!

The 360 Dragon
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
try playing on 60 inch plasma, with nobody home, in complete darkness, in your basement. i nice touch is leaving a sliver of light coming from the door upstairs, i almost crapped myself at least a dozen times, lol

Wandering Proof
06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
This was one of the first games I played when I got my 360 and I loved it, couldn't put it down. Like many people said there are great scary moments through out the whole game, and even when you expect it, it still will make you jump.

Scariest moment for me is the surrounded by creepy doll/manakins that come out. On top of that I love the things that the crazy people scream at you.

Surround sound and just how dark the black areas can be really is awesome as well. I still need some achievements in this game and now that I got my new HD I am excited to play though this again with the new crystal clear picture.

Xm4ster
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
i gotta re-rent Condemned just so i can finish the game and get the achievement :P But yeah, this game is creepy. I cant wait for Bloodshot.