PDA

View Full Version : wtf...?

hype
01-16-2010, 04:01 AM
first of all... spoiler alert, if anybody actually cares that is.

secondly...if Melissa's the gotdamn shadowy figure, then who the fuck is the pighead? it can't be her given i electrocuted that bitch in the locked cage. there's no way she unlocked it, recovered -n- had time to appear in the "Truth" sequence. Jigz didn't unlock it either given his whole point was to see if she could actually succeed in keeping Tapp busy (at least by logic...) so yeah, who the hell got fried then? Amanda maybe?

Subion
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Spoilers

It's a mystery.... maybe solved in the second if they do one.

Melissa was the shadow you were following. She did it to protect her child. But also did it out of hatred for Tapp. She wasn't the pighead.

Amanda or Hoffman couldn't have been since the pighead was killed in the game.

There was theories of it being Dr. Gordon but I don't believe that. Pighead was alot taller and had to have two feet to move that good. Not to mention the fact that he took a beating without getting hurt.

I believe it was the guy from all of the memos you found around the hospital. We never got a name because it was always blacked out in the files. Then he had the resistance to pain wich could be from medicine the paitent was on or from just being insane. Since Jigsaw was actually never at the hospital I got the impression he feared the apprentice. Instead of giving pighead a game to play he wanted Tapp to kill him. That's not how Jigsaw works. Wich I thought it meant he was to afraid to get near maybe because the guy was so dangerous or insane he didn't want to risk anything.

a blind beggar
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
yeah,i think it's that character from all of the files.it'd be good if they made a prequel game where you play as pighead,killing them peoples.it'd be like a stealthy type game...awesome

Ooyah
01-20-2010, 12:52 PM
I haven't actually seen the films, I must admit, so I guess that I lack a lot of background info... but the files where the name was crossed out... I was assuming that the patient in question was actually Jigsaw himself? Seeing as they make references to the patient being a doctor, and Jigsaw himself can perform operations, and they also say that the patient views himself as 'superior'.

But I guess not from what has been written here. I will have to try and see the films. :)

As for Pighead, Jigsaw refers to him as being an apprentice. I don't think that Jigsaw wanted him dead.

Subion
01-29-2010, 03:19 AM
I haven't actually seen the films, I must admit, so I guess that I lack a lot of background info... but the files where the name was crossed out... I was assuming that the patient in question was actually Jigsaw himself? Seeing as they make references to the patient being a doctor, and Jigsaw himself can perform operations, and they also say that the patient views himself as 'superior'.

But I guess not from what has been written here. I will have to try and see the films. :)

SPOILERS ON MOVIES AND GAME

In the Saw 2 it shows a scene with a robbed figure putting a key in the guys eye. He does have a limp. Jigsaw was dying of cancer and couldn't get out of the bed by the third movie. It could have been him doing the surgery with alot of research. One problem is Jigsaw "John Kramer" was not a doctor/surgeon at all. His wife Jill, was a doctor at a clininc, John was a engenier. Unless he studied alot about surgery or had help. There is a theory some people have that Doctor Gordon became a secret apprentice (yet to be ansewerd) and has been doing all surgical traps since his disappearance from the first film. One reason this is thought is do to the fact that he has been mentioned in all 5 sequels in some way or another.

Another thing to note is that the video game takes place in an Insane Assylum. The notes are from a doctor that worked there. From what we know from the movies John Kramer "Jigsaw" was never in an insane assylum, so the notes can't refer to him.

As for Pighead, Jigsaw refers to him as being an apprentice. I don't think that Jigsaw wanted him dead.

As for pigface there is a tape right before you go to fight him that Jigsaw tells you "My masked apprentice seeks to surpass me by sabotaging your game. He has the only key to escape my final gauntlet. Use your surroundings to defend yourself. What will you do to live detective?"

To me it sounds like Pigface is trying to kill everyone, not test them. That is not Jigsaws way. Jigsaw gives a chance to all his victims. He wants them to survive and learn to appreciate life. Pigface is taking away there only chance for survival. As stated in Saw 3 Jigsaw says to Amanda "Amanda... It's OK. This was your test. Your game. I was testing you. I took you in. I selected you for the honor of carrying on my life's work. But you didn't. You didn't test anyone's will to live. Instead you took away their only chance. Your games were unwinnable, your subjects merely victims" Also in the film he says to Lynn "I don't condone murder and I despise murderers."

So Pigface was considered a murder for sabotaging the traps. Jigsaw hated him. We don't know but Pigface himself could have had his own test of letting Tapp live and his failure from trying to kill Tapp was his own death from the cage trap.

Sorry for the long post hopes it helps. Also if you have not seen the movies watch them in order so you don't ruin anything. It's a great series if you can get into them. Plus alot of the stuff in the game refers to #1 and #2.

Ooyah
02-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Subion, thank you very much for that reply, most helpful. Thinking about it, what you say about Pigface does make perfect sense, as Jigsaw doesn't outright kill anyone without giving them a chance to survive.

I will try to see the films, as they do seem to have a bit more intelligence to them than the usual horror films, and the whole concept behind Jigsaw's motives is an interesting one. I would be intrigued to see how it all pans out, although I assume from what you were saying that the movie franchise is not yet concluded?

Subion
02-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Glad I could help.

The 7th one comes out this October. It will be released on the friday before Halloween in 3d. The wrighters said it is going to be the last in the series. An interview before that said there will be 8 or 9 total. Before that it was going till 10 movies. Lionsgate said they really enjoy the franchise and will keep it going till the fans quit seeing them. At this point only time will tell where it is all going to end. They even made a Maze dedicated to SAW in hollywood. There is sneak peak on the Saw 6 Blu Ray maybe even on the dvd.

They are my favorite films anymore. If you like the game you will enjoy the movies. Just keep in mind watch them in order and it fills like watchin one big movie. Each one will leave questions unaswered that will be anwered in later movies.

I don't normally check this board to often anymore. If you have any more questions about the game or movie when you watch them fill free to PM me on this site or my GT is Subion. I will help you out.

Samurai Kadaj
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I think the ending was very poorly put together, because I didn't quite understand it, either. I watched it twice and this was the jist that I got:

The shadowy figure is Melissa's son. His mouth was sewn shut so that he couldn't speak, and he was carrying a tape recorder because it had his instructions on it; his role in Jigsaw's game, which was to keep Tapp on the right path. You as Tapp, giving into your obsession of chasing Jigsaw, causes you to mistakenly kill Melissa's son.

kirbylover360
03-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Wait what are you talking about?