PDA

View Full Version : motorstorm

Fonkey Monkey
03-06-2007, 03:54 AM
havent seen any reviews, but it looks like a big flop to me.
comes out tommorow, what do you guys think?

DeadOnArrival06
03-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Doesn't look like much gameplay wise, The graphics look phenominal, though. I think it's a renter, maybe not to buy, but I wouldn't cast it away just yet.

Psycence
03-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Looks pretty but I reckon thats about all. Doesnt really live up to the PS3 hype..running at 30fps and doesnt do 1080p

KindCandy
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I .... totaly agree with the Dead man

CC99999
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Gamespot gave it 7.9. A luke warm response at best. Looks like another PlayStation promise that failed to deliver. First Warhawk, now Motorstorm...

your next stop Sega Saturnville.

slowpantz
03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Gamespot gave it 7.9. A luke warm response at best. Looks like another PlayStation promise that failed to deliver. First Warhawk, now Motorstorm...

Yes but IGN gave it a 8.9 and after watching and reading both reviews I agree with IGN's much more. Anyway I have had this game pre-ordered for a long time and will get it.
PS3 online tag- slowpantz

PerpetualHeaven
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM

Yeah but IGN gave it 8.9. IGN gave Gears of War 9.3. Luke warm in IGNs eyes? Hardly. Only .4 away from the best game for the 360 and motorstorm is just an early starter. Plus, Gamespot is geared towards 360 more then any other console. They never cut slack to the other consoles but they will for the 360.

Also look at Gamespots "They Say" avg score which was 8.5 from other sites. Majority of the UK rated extremely well.

Also, if this was sega saturnville why the hell have they sold 2 million consoles while shipping out millions more consoles? They're obviously in some sort of demand if they are continually shipping. They make money off shipping consoles to stores because stores buy them. Stores wouldn't buy them if they weren't in demand.

Your Sega Saturan theory has already failed. Sega Saturns sales weren't even REMOTELY close to that in the first 3 months.

Fonkey Monkey
03-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Only .4 away from the best game for the 360

i highly disagree with that statement.

the only reason i made this was cuz sony has been pumping hype into this game FOREVER, and it obviuosly didnt deliver.

PerpetualHeaven
03-08-2007, 01:46 AM
But it did deliver. The only problem was that they cut out courses and cars from the game which dropped the score in value. The gameplay, delivery, and graphics were highly touted by majority of the reviewers even Gamespot. Only problem was the lack of content built into the game which can be expandable and will be possible with downloadable tracks and what not.

Pretty much only downfall of motorstorm.. lack of value. But it depends on the reviewer. Like I said, a lot of reviewers rated this game extremely high. I even saw one site rate it a perfect 10/10. It depends on who you're looking at. Technically, the hype was real. I mean an 8.5 overall is fairly good (not including the perfect score and other 9s from other sites) and IGN rated it an 8.9.

You cannot base a game on a reviewers rating. I mean Twilight Princess was rated what 8.8 for the Wii? That's incredibly low for such a good game. It's all dependent on preference and a lot of people have been satisfied with Motorstorm.

I mean it's like saying Lost Planet is a bad game because 1UP rated it 6.5. That's just one reviewer and one opinion. Usually large games vary greatly in ratings.

Jdm
03-16-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm hoping Motorstorm isn't just "Eye Candy". I'm planning to pick it up, so my copy of Resistance will have a friend to play with. I have almost 40 Xbox 360 games and just Resistance for the PS3. I want to put the console to use, but sadly there's nothing good being released. Virtual Fighter 5? I don't know...