PDA

View Full Version : No save points?!?!

quadeo
01-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Me and a friend just finished playing 13 rounds and were falling asleep so he quit to Underdome and it doesn't save!! They seriously expect you to play this garbage DLC for 6+ hours straight for no XP and crappy guns? definitely getting these achievements and trading it in, because there is no way in hell I am buying another DLC after this one.

DOOKH8R
01-17-2010, 08:44 AM
It is a long grind to play 100 waves, but I think that is the point. Not everything is supposed to be easy.

Kaldo
01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
It is a long grind to play 100 waves, but I think that is the point. Not everything is supposed to be easy.

There's easy, then there's just plan retarded. Making a DLC pack that takes between 3-6 hrs per session to complete 1/3 of it (continuous, uninterrupted 3-6 hrs) is stupid, obnoxious and ignorant.

People have lives. Given that health etc is recharged after every round, I see no reason why one couldn't have been given the option to save every round, or even every 5 freaking rounds. The format as it currently is isn't "clever", it's just downright poor design. There's other ways to add length to DLC without turning it into absolute garbage.

There's also absolutely no reason why enemies within the arena couldn't be worth exp. That'd at least make the grind somewhat worth while. Did the team of morons in the boardroom who decided on the DLC parameters just assume everyone would be at level 50? and be teenage boys with hours upon hours of disposable time?

The original game was exceptionally well designed. And it was great for casual and hardcore gamers alike who might only have 30 minutes to 2 hrs per session - just jump in, do some quests, shop a little and jump out. Great, fun gaming.

The DLC took everything good about the original system and turned it into a big, smelly, p.o.s.

quadeo
01-18-2010, 12:31 AM
Every once in a while I would see that borderlands symbol in the top corner, assuming it was saving our progress. The game and first DLC were so well done, then they go and F it up with this one. It seems lately all companies are trying to get a piece of the DLC cash cow and that includes pumping out absolute junk, like Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot.

It takes forever to boost your way through this DLC I can't imagine having to do it legit with 4 lvl 50 characters.

I am Cunslow
01-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Me and my mate, with are two level 50's just finished The Gully Larger Challange, we Died once, all together. (As in both to the penalty box) Took us 2 hours 40 minutes, not very enjoyable at all. Wave 1-15 is easy, last 5 was pretty harsh, we had a few rounds where we had 0 Armour, Critcials Do Less, Only Rocket Launcher had good damage, and Super Speed. This was very cruel.
However we took are time at the end, got it done, and the grind rewarded us with 25g.
I dont think I will be bothering with the other two maps for a few days, this DLC is not rewarding enough, and I still have Hoarde maps of Gears to do lol..

s3xyemo
01-19-2010, 03:25 AM
it seems like it never ends

DOOKH8R
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Its is all pretty manageable, but the worse part is when Moxxi takes your shield away.

BloodStream
01-20-2010, 02:44 AM
The new dlc would be really cool if it had 10 rounds because after 10 rounds it gets really really boring and you don't want to play. I myself was on with a friend playing the ruins place and it froze on round 18 wave 4 bullshit so i gave up it's not worth it.

Munsie
01-21-2010, 03:32 AM
I was in a similar situation, BloodStream. My friend and I were on Round 17 and we got disconnected from eachother. Huuuuuuuuuge piss off.

schulterjon
01-21-2010, 03:55 AM
For a game where you can basically save anywhere, to have this DLC without ANY save points in something that takes up to 6 hours to finish is crazy. I will be using the split screen method to get the achievements and even then it takes 3 hours in one sitting.

PolaSoup
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I had no idea you couldn't save it after even completeing just one set of 5 rounds. I have to agree that that is retarded, I have work and a social life. Unless I get the rare oppourtunity of a gaming weekend this cheev is never going to happen.

What a waste of 800G :(

They need to fix it!

But thanks for the heads up now I won't bother with it now...

yippy smalz
02-14-2010, 07:29 AM
This would be so much better with save points, people would enjoy it more. IMO i think this was just a dlc to hold us off for the third one which is suppose to be epic. The one thing i do like about this dlc though is the music, especially on the boss wave.

Raider
02-21-2010, 03:22 AM
Moxxi is shit and boring. Also the 100 round tournaments are soul crushing. When doing a game simply isn't fun and you have to force yourself to do it its not a good sign. Zombie island was amazing, one of the best DLC's I have ever played... moxxi is one of the worst. Hopefully the next one will be the best of the bunch.