PDA

View Full Version : good or bad game??

death lion2
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
it is nearly my birthday and i want to get some good games

i want to know if i should get this game or not, i have played most of the dynasty warriors games and i like them (but i dont like dynasty warriors 1) if who has the game can reply and tell me if the game is good that would be greatly appreciatted :)

fatces
03-06-2007, 10:50 PM
i dont have the game, but i think that almost all the samurai/dinasty are the same, here's the review of ign, generally ign is more soft with the reviews (unlike egm), but still the game got 5.

read it if you're not sure to buy it or not

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/699/699433p1.html

Zef
03-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I had the game, completed it, then had very little urge to play it again.

It was alright I guess, you get to play as the classic generals but because there are a certain number of levels it gets a bit repetative. I will have to play the rental card again. Rent it first and see if you like it, but if it is a present then you could always just ask for it and if you don't like it trade it in or have it exchanged.

It is really one of those hit or miss games, but if you liked the older versions you may like it.

death lion2
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
ok thanks for the posts ill check out the review plz keep on posting :)

Shaaady Souljah
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
it is your standard kill 1,000 guys at once with one guy game. with a little bit of tactics and positioning on the map.

i would recommend 99 Nights over it, but that is just my preference. I played both and 99 Nights def. kept me interested longer...

death lion2
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
hmm i have played the 99 nights demo and i did like it

Elfire313
03-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Well if you liked the previous DW games then you'll probably like this. A little twist up from the constant hack and slash is cool. All in all, not a great game though.
IMO out of the ones I've played.
DW4>DW3>DW5 Empires>DW5

Graham31004
07-15-2007, 09:39 AM
I liked the previous DW games much more than this one. It is still fun but different then the previous years. I also own Ninety Nine Nights and I prefer it also.

nightmare975
07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I have both but I find DW5 to be better achievement wise. Plus DW5 has characters you already love and hate(if you've played the previous games) so its a little better there also. I do like N3's battle system more than DW5. And last thing, you can create your own characters in DW5. Not much customization, but who doesn't like tearing up the battlefield as Ding Dong?

And yes, it gets very repetitive.

Pye
07-30-2007, 07:17 AM
I have both but I find DW5 to be better achievement wise. Plus DW5 has characters you already love and hate(if you've played the previous games) so its a little better there also. I do like N3's battle system more than DW5. And last thing, you can create your own characters in DW5. Not much customization, but who doesn't like tearing up the battlefield as Ding Dong?

And yes, it gets very repetitive.

I'd have to agree on both the achievements and repetitive nature. It's better than N3 on both counts, and I really liked N3 (I didn't max out the achievements on N3 because it is soooo darned repetitive and I own it. This one I likely will max out before sending it back to Gamefly).

WarriorPriest13
07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I have to agree some of the other DW games were better ,but if you are a hardcore DW fan then you should like this game. I would also recommend 99N as well. That game was enjoyable up until the last few achievements.

SegaSaturnSNK
07-30-2007, 05:57 PM
I rather much have DW5 than DW5 Empires. This game was a disappointment and a major let down and I'm a huge fan of the DW series. If you can get this 15 bucks or less, go for it.

Fenrir767
08-11-2007, 04:31 PM
thanks for the info

JC Elite
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
This game brings new meaning to the word 'monotonous'. (Did I even spell that right? lol) If you like running around with one character, pressing the 'X' and 'B' buttons over and over again.....yeah this is your game.

The best way I play this game is play through one chapter, go play several other games, come back and play one more chapter, and so on. It's an easy 1000 pts. if you have the patience. You might have problems getting the last 20 pts. or so. Getting some of the officers to join you can be a pain.

By the way, avoid Ninety-Nine Nights. I almost threw the game off my balcony due to it's lack of checkpoints and it's not an easy 1000.

killlah631
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
It all depends if you like the japanese combat games...Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Ninety-Nine Nights, they are all similar games and it depends if you like the game type or not...Personally I would only rent or borrow these games for the achievement points because I couldn't find much re-play value out of them...

Bear
08-31-2007, 02:35 PM
If you want easy gamer points get this if not just wait for warriors orochi to come out which is dynasty and samurai warriors combined together

Tricka21
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
All i can say is it's good if your a fan of the series but if not stay away