PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the game?

namel3ss gamer
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Iv just downloaded this off the marketplace and have been playing for an hour or so, and my initial thoughts are that this game is quality!!!!

I'm predicting that its going to have me addicted for quite a while :p

FriendCode
01-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Same here. This looked fun from the start, but it's so much better than I had expected.

namel3ss gamer
01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
I hadn't even heard of it until like a day ago when i read about the arcade releases on this site, so its come out of nowhere for me! I'm a sucker for anything square are involved with :p definately glad i bought it, played it alot more since my first post too and its really really good!!

PolaSoup
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I played the demo and purchased it straight away. Shame there isn't a local multiplayer but aside from that the game seems great, a simple look with a much deeper gameplay.

Haven't managed to find anyone for an online play yet though...

FriendCode
01-20-2010, 08:03 PM
If you keep trying you should be able to. Unfortunately, after each match the lobby closes as opposed to returning to the prior screen. People ARE on - I've gotten into quite a few.

operation remie
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
it's really addictive. very difficult too with trying to watch everything that's going on. like geometry wars but cubed.

nfntjy
01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
GT: nfn nifty
will be looking for MP achieves too, send message or FR. thanks!

Zee
01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I liked the game at first, but now I'm not so sure. The game doesn't do a good job telling you about how to gain points, or anything really besides the controls. The later levels just get cheap. Not hard, cheap. The cubes will spawn on you, kill you instantly, and then destroy your base. Meanwhile there was nothing you can do.

The online play on the other hand is a joke. If you dont pick the homeing charater there is no way to win in deathmatch, and most matches end up hiding in a comer shooting. While the other modes don't suffer as much from this problem, the game lags too bad to be enjoyed online.

The SIngle player is fun, but is quite short and the later levels just get cheap. I do like the game, but there is many problems with it.

namel3ss gamer
01-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Some of the levels in the last batch are stupid i have to say, and yeah pretty darn cheap! Iv managed to do them all though after much frustration, just a case of finding strategies that work!!

I dont really know what its like online yet, iv only managed to find two games as yet!

PolaSoup
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I have to say that my opinion has changed about the game too. I really liked it at first and thought it was nice clever and new. Trouble is after a while I started getting a bit bored and the online multiplayer does suck a little.

I am not hating it, I just feel that it could have been better, maybe with a local multiplayer or something to add a little variation from the main game.

Korean B B Q
04-20-2010, 08:25 PM
I really wanted to like this game, but for some reason, I just can't get in to it. The difficulty doesn't bother me that much, but maybe it's just the spartan design and presentation. Loving Geometry Wars and other two-stick shooters has maybe spoiled me on the genre for good now, but something about Cubed just feels a bit too stale. :\

Macho Rican Moe
11-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Thought I will be addicted to it. I was wrong. Gets pretty boring, maybe it will get better when I try out the multiplayer aspect.