PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII Collectors Edition Update Thread

Vendetta
01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
So as of 1/20/10 there has been no official announcement of a Collectors Edition in either the US or EU. There was a supposed leak of the info in the EU in the newsletter but no official confirmation by SE themselves.

I will be updating this thread with all the info you need along with links to retailers that will be carrying the CE. Hopefully those of you across the pond can assist me as well.

The first bit of very good news about a CE, I personally was getting worried myself since it is so close... came this morning via Kotaku.

Gamestop's Italian site may have jumped the gun on the CE annoucement. SE had specifically said that big announcements were to come the 13th of each month. Now if you think about it announcing the CE on Feb 13th would give it less than a month to be pre-ordered at retailers. So I guess we will see.

Anyways supposedly there is going to be a soundtrack, artbook, pre-order story, comic, and art cards. I think it will fetch at least $79.99 in the US.

Link:
http://kotaku.com/5452431/retailer-leaks-final-fantasy-xiii-collectors-edition-contents

Kairi
01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Hopefully that does come out here. I would definitely buy that one right away lol

Vendetta
01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Hopefully that does come out here. I would definitely buy that one right away lol

Yes I hope it happens. If it does I am getting 3 CE's (2 on PS3 and 1 on 360) and 1 regular on 360 :D

I am hoping for a collectors edition guide too! :Bounce:

Vincentdante
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
ooh that sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Let's wait and see I suppose.

Kairi
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes I hope it happens. If it does I am getting 3 CE's (2 on PS3 and 1 on 360) and 1 regular on 360 :D

I am hoping for a collectors edition guide too! :Bounce:
Yeah, I think I will just stick with Collectors Edition if it comes ot here instead of the regular one. Might have gotten both (It's Final Fantasy :P) but there are a lot of other good games coming out oin March that the other $60 can help me save up for. Mainly BlazBlue Portable, Resonance of Fate, and Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (think that ones February though)

I hope a collector guide will come out too. I love game guides, usually helpful... maps of the areaw help alot in these type of games so I don't misss anything lol

KingPastry
01-21-2010, 01:35 AM
i'm in this one for information.. but i have good reason to believe that there is already a limited edition strategy guide in the works

as this page would indicate http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76910

neok182
01-21-2010, 04:57 AM
i can confirm the limited edition guide. I have friends that work in gamestop and you can go there and pre-order it right now. one of my friends just did.

Also, as far as the CE of the game goes, US gamestops have not gotten any information on it. so as of right now no CE for the US

Vincentdante
01-23-2010, 07:27 AM
The front page has news for a collectors edition in PAL territories.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4234-Square-Enix-Announces-Collector-s-Edition-of-Final-Fantasy-XIII-for-PAL-Territories.html

It looks petty good actually.

KingPastry
01-23-2010, 09:45 PM
so much for major updates coming on the 13th only.. so there is still hope that it gets announced for everywhere else as well