PDA

View Full Version : What kind of this game is it?

Motorexskygtr32
01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Is it SRPG? It seems look like a shooter to me or maybe Action RPG?

Any thoughts?

warhammer666
03-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Is it SRPG? It seems look like a shooter to me or maybe Action RPG?

Any thoughts?

Have you ever played front mission on ps1 or ps2????? This is a mech game

FullMetaru
05-24-2010, 02:27 PM
I heard rumors that it was going to be TPS this time. If they do go for that... well... I'll just have to play FM3, FM4, and FM5 (FM5 being the best, but only in Japanese).

And if you have not actually played Front Mission, FM3-FM5 is a Tactical Mech RPG (I think the first games are sidescrollers). Your unlike some games where you had one health bar, this is gives tactical RPGs a whole new twist with individual wanzer parts having its own HP bar. If a part is blown off, your wanzer gets crippled or destroyed. It's very fun, I probably have a total of 300 hours invested in multiple playthroughs on FM3, but I'm still trying to beat FM4 and FM5.

EDIT:
Saw a gameplay vid. It will go for Third Person Shooter, but it feels more tactical as you can still blow up body parts if necessary.

DarkReign2021
08-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I've never played a Front Mission game, but this generation has a serious shortage in good mech games (What happened? Last generation we had Armored Core, Phantom Crash, Mechassault, Steel Battalion, etc... This generation we have Chromehounds and it's servers were already shut down in it's prime.) Even if this isn't a traditional mech game, I hope it still turns out good. I've been itching for a good mech game lately and I ended up going out and buying a copy of Steel Battalion just to get that fix.)

Worhammer
08-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I've never played a Front Mission game, but this generation has a serious shortage in good mech games (What happened? Last generation we had Armored Core, Phantom Crash, Mechassault, Steel Battalion, etc... This generation we have Chromehounds and it's servers were already shut down in it's prime.) Even if this isn't a traditional mech game, I hope it still turns out good. I've been itching for a good mech game lately and I ended up going out and buying a copy of Steel Battalion just to get that fix.)
I would give my left testicle for Steel Battalion 2. One of the best mech games EVER. None of the AC series has lived up to AC2, but AC4 comes pretty close. Hated Chromehounds, it was too slow for me. Front Mission as a series has been very good, so hopefully this one lives up to the bar set by the previous ones.

I'm sad that they've taken it from an FFTactics type strategy game to a shooter, as that was what made it unique amongst the mech games. The action/shooter mech genre is all we see (AC, Chromhounds, MechWarrior, etc.)

Neshek
09-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Brings back old Super Famicom memories. One of the best games played back then.. Feels like i'm old..

DarkReign2021
09-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I would give my left testicle for Steel Battalion 2. One of the best mech games EVER. None of the AC series has lived up to AC2, but AC4 comes pretty close. Hated Chromehounds, it was too slow for me. Front Mission as a series has been very good, so hopefully this one lives up to the bar set by the previous ones.

I'm sad that they've taken it from an FFTactics type strategy game to a shooter, as that was what made it unique amongst the mech games. The action/shooter mech genre is all we see (AC, Chromhounds, MechWarrior, etc.)

Agreed on SB2. I'm honestly amazed Capcom and Sammy haven't hooked up for this yet considering the surge of peripheral games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Tony Hawk Ride, DJ Hero, etc...) Steel Battalion failed because it lacked an audience willing to invest. Now people are investing into that stuff like crazy. Hell, people are even paying $100-$150 just to get Collectors editions of regular games. I'd say an SB2 would have no trouble on the market.

I enjoyed Chromehounds for what it was. It was too slow, but I enjoyed the customization feature and the online setup. Being able to stack weapons on weapons on weapon and than hot key any of the weapons to any configuration was bliss (Nothing beats rigging 16 rocket launcher to fire off it's entire payload with the single press of a button.)

Than the online was what made it for me. Having the enormous continental war with on-going fights on every server meant you were actually making a bit of a difference in the war itself. The result of every match had a permenant effect on the war in progress. ( I think if they took the speed of Mechassault, the customization of Armored Core, and applied a semi-MMO style server (like Test Drive Unlimited) than we could have the ultimate action Mech game. (As for other types of mech games, again, I've never played a game like this, so I won't try to pretend I know what I'm talking about. Still looking forward to playing this though. Need a mech game and I've resorted to playing the 1st Mechassault on my original xbox again.)

progman32
09-16-2010, 09:41 PM
for those interested :

These guys are posting a ton of information about Front Mission Evolved in the forums :

http://www.slimgamer.com/vbforums/showthread.php?377-Front-Mission-Evolved-a-return-to-mech-games-of-yore

Terrin
09-28-2010, 04:12 AM

ummm better give up ur left testicle as you got ur wishes.

Ryot Control
10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
But on Kinect? That's like a deal with the devil!

Terrin
10-09-2010, 04:34 AM
could work I am very skeptical of kinect as I feel if someone came along and amde a game that would be great like steel battalion but I also feel some games that they shown alreayd just are not worth anyones time