PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who..

Nocturnalned
01-23-2010, 02:22 AM
am i the only one who doesnt want soul crushing achievements that require leveling up all the characters to max... well let me rephrase if there are achievements similar to leveling up (which im pretty sure its a guarantee) i dont wanna be the kind that take a year of my life to get them all like ive heard about from the last one (i freaked when i read about them)

KingPastry
01-23-2010, 03:33 AM
i would dread that.. but i don't really mind as i'm not as hardcore a trophy hunter as i am an achievement hunter (i'm buying the ps3 version :D)

The Pants Party
01-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Head over to PS3T.org and read the trophy guide. Estimates are 80-120 hours with a 5/10 difficulty, which isn't that bad at all.

Vincentdante
01-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Since I like making things harder for myself I personally prefer achievement lists which make me work for them like many other JRPGS out now.

Kairi
01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Since I like making things harder for myself I personally prefer achievement lists which make me work for them like many other JRPGS out now.
^ I agree. I enjoy maxing out the levels in games ^_^

xentaria
01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
me too, i really want the 1000 (and hopefully DLC :D) to mean something, like years of waiting for the game and then finally doing everything possible in the game finally paying off. I'm even thinking about going through infinite undiscovery and star ocean after.

DOOKH8R
01-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Since this iteration of FF is not an MMO, the achievements shouldn't be as impossible and backbreaking time wise as the last.
I'm more concerned about the compressed audio and having 3 discs

Nocturnalned
01-26-2010, 12:01 AM
ya i want the achievements to mean something but i dont want achievements that take months per.. and it would seem there might be a weapon one.. which is frustrating

NickelNine20
01-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Level achievements could be the laziest achievements out there. It takes little to no skill to level a character. It's just time consuming. If you guys like time consuming grindfests, more power to you. It makes a lot more sense, in my opinion, to have achievements for beating optional, non-storyline bosses that requires your team to be at a level far beyond what you'd complete the game at. It's one thing to ask for the main character(s) to be maxed out, but an unreasonable request for 'that one character that no one likes' to be maxed out. And reward you just the same. Just my opinions.

Vincentdante
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
me too, i really want the 1000 (and hopefully DLC :D) to mean something, like years of waiting for the game and then finally doing everything possible in the game finally paying off. I'm even thinking about going through infinite undiscovery and star ocean after.

I'm going through those myself, currently working on star ocean first playthrough before moving onto IU infinite mode run (I beat it twice once on normal and once on hard). So if you wanna know anything about those games I'm your man lol.

Rook Riot
01-26-2010, 02:42 PM
ya i want the achievements to mean something but i dont want achievements that take months per.. and it would seem there might be a weapon one.. which is frustrating

FF XI was an online one, which had all those long ass achievements.

FF XIII is a single player FF, and PS3 trophies indicate that they won't be too long. :]

Kairi
01-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I usually do more then needed to do everything I can in it, It makes me feel like I accomplished everything ^_^
I was going to do Infinite Undiscovery as well. Currently doing Ninety Nine Nights and after that might finish up BlazBlue dpending on when I finish N3. I am probably going to do Infinite Undiscovery after I finish Final Fantasy XIII since I heard it's really long, but I like a challenge :P I don't have Star Ocean yet, might buy it. Probably will do Last Remnant sometime too lol

Vincentdante
01-29-2010, 01:40 AM
^ urgh Nintey Nine Nights was soooo grindy, but I held in there and got the 1000.

Almost done with my first play through on star ocean I believe (I guess, I avoid walkthroughs etc for my first playthroughs). IU is still on hold but I just need to do the hardest mode playthrough now :).

Er yeah I went off topic lol.

On topic looking at the PS3 trophies I think the achievements for FF13 look pretty nicely balanced. There are a good mix of story line achievements and completionist ones which are what I like.

Kairi
01-29-2010, 02:09 AM
^ urgh Nintey Nine Nights was soooo grindy, but I held in there and got the 1000.

Almost done with my first play through on star ocean I believe (I guess, I avoid walkthroughs etc for my first playthroughs). IU is still on hold but I just need to do the hardest mode playthrough now :).

Er yeah I went off topic lol.

On topic looking at the PS3 trophies I think the achievements for FF13 look pretty nicely balanced. There are a good mix of story line achievements and completionist ones which are what I like.
I haven't really needed to grind much so far. Already did Level 9 playthroughs for Inphyy, Aspharr, and about to do Myifee. Have S rank on most levels, A rank the few that aren't S so far XD Trying to get my first 1000 on this game :P

And good luck with the Infinity Mode playthrough! ^_^

I think the achievements are nice too, I'm really going to enjoy getting all of the achievements! :)

Elm
01-30-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm hoping the achievements are harder than Star Ocean: TLH...... scratch that I only managed 570/1000 before going crazy. As long as it has over 50 hours of play time I wont mind any leveling up achievements. After beating Mass Effect 2 with only 24 hours of playtime, I seriously want a long RPG that I can really immerse myself in.

Vincentdante
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Harder than Star Ocean eh? you will be sitting there for a while for the 1000 then :p

The hardest JRPG achievement I ever earned was treasure trove from Lost Odeysey. Countless hours spent going all over the world only to find that I missed an item in a pot in Numara market lol.

Kairi
01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm hoping the achievements are harder than Star Ocean: TLH...... scratch that I only managed 570/1000 before going crazy. As long as it has over 50 hours of play time I wont mind any leveling up achievements. After beating Mass Effect 2 with only 24 hours of playtime, I seriously want a long RPG that I can really immerse myself in.
If the achievements were harder then Star Ocean you would be spending at least 600+ hours on them >_<

And Pants already said its between 80-120 hours so thats a decent time ^_^

Elm
01-31-2010, 03:03 AM
I dont know if you guys got it or not but I was being sarcastic about the Star Ocean comment. It was a terrible game and a waste of money.

Vincentdante
01-31-2010, 03:13 AM
No the sarcasm was lost in the internetz.

Many people like Star Ocean, myself included. I guess it's not for everyone though.

Kairi
01-31-2010, 04:14 AM
It didn't really seem like sarcasm, sorry. I don't have Star Ocean, but I am planning on getting either the The Last Hope or the first two on PSP.

hyourinnmaru
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
i am playing star ocean right now, doing the last Faize BTs. (he has 91% right now)the
only achievements i miss are the 90% bts and 100% bts, halfway 90% about 750bts right now, all exact damage/healing/time, like defeat gabriel celeste/ethereal queen under 10 mins done, so its just now a matter of time, a lot of time though:p, i fell sorry for PS3 players...the Hellish Road they have to Walk...

TakahashiDemon
02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
I wouldnt mind, in any FF (I liked, XII was awful) I leveled all my characters up to max, even know there was no achievements, I'll would have done the same with this one despise there being an achievement for it or not.

Vincentdante
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
i am playing star ocean right now, doing the last Faize BTs. (he has 91% right now)the
only achievements i miss are the 90% bts and 100% bts, halfway 90% about 750bts right now, all exact damage/healing/time, like defeat gabriel celeste/ethereal queen under 10 mins done, so its just now a matter of time, a lot of time though:p, i fell sorry for PS3 players...the Hellish Road they have to Walk...

Aww man the exact damage BT's are a pain in the ass aren't they. I still can't get the 512 damage for Bachus.

hyourinnmaru
02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
the 512DMG i got it real early when i was on the cardianon mothership using jump attacks(i call them the Megaman attacks) B to dash+A to attack
some i remember got the 111 early too with reimi during blindstrike on gerels
55 edge adepagha just attacking
555 used an item to boost attack and got 1st when landing on lemuris fighting perytons
123 as soon i got lymle 1st fight used cerberus on dryads
777 as soon i got meracle equiped berserkers scarf and did one comet impact
on zombies in prision
1111 with reimi when fighting barachiel on celestial ship fight took a few tries

i always had careful not to level too much for dont evade too much the range
i admit when i got the last battle trophie bacchus, was sooooooooo satisfiying, even that i blow himself off using an selfdestructor 3000, 4980 attack 99999 hp use that on wasps on aeos, for the 65xxxx bt, took 3 tries, but as long your in range try multiple things
also discovered today that getting 255 drops on anthroplogy trophies are easier once you enter palace of creation keep going straight until theres 3 groups on enemies fight them and they drop cardianon swords i got 20 in like 30 mins, also boosts 30.000 enemies with edge or arumat:woop:

Extra Saucy
02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Sounds like this will be Lost Odyssey type length, no complaints there! I couldn't really deal with Star Ocean because of how OCD I got about missing something that I couldn't even enjoy the game(my own problem, I know!). Treasure Trove could of done that, but my instincts took me to the right spot when I found that I was one item shy.

I'm just really pleased with the fact that the game remains completely open, and that it doesn't appear that ANYTHING is missable. Leveling is tedious, but with all the item farming we might have to do they may just come while trying to get other achievements.

Blue Dragon was the mindless leveling that drove me insane. I remember having all achievements and steamrolling enemies when my levels were in the 60's. I'm not going to lie, I threw up a shield barrier(and the item to keep your SP going) on one of those islands where enemies respawn and shoved an ipod in between the control sticks to run in circles and farm XP. Level 99 made easy!

Kairi
02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I wouldnt mind, in any FF (I liked, XII was awful) I leveled all my characters up to max, even know there was no achievements, I'll would have done the same with this one despise there being an achievement for it or not.
I like to level up my characters to the max as well,for any game htat requires leveling XD

hyourinnmaru
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
ohh that shield on blue dragon was sooo cool, i was just sitting there doing nothing and level up pop of nothing...
killed like a million of marioposas
and yeah treasure trove was insane, last item i missed was under the sea
:)

Vincentdante
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Everyone used that shield eventually lol. I hit level 99 by myself but used the shield to grind SP for the 99 all job achievement. :)

My last item for treasure trove was actually in numara marketplace in a pot behind one of the stalls. Took me hours to find it since I kept mistaking that pot for a piece of the background every time I went past lol. Hmm everyone remembers their last :p.

Juzt Skillz
02-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't mind I will play until my fingers bleed. Hopefully there isn't a level cap in each area because that is annoying.

LouisvileBurnin
02-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Id like to see a perfect run type of achievement (100% game completion, max items, max stats, etc.) worth a lot of pts. gives me a good reason to put in 100+ hrs

SonneMori
02-18-2010, 08:37 PM
enjoy your first walkthrough and give a sh*t about the achiev. or trophies. and if you wanna have a rlly good guide, buy the strategy guide.

ElvisOfTheDead
02-24-2010, 05:27 AM
I've actualy always maxed all my characters in Final Fantasies. It would be nice to have a sweet achievement to show for it :)

Ozbaab
02-24-2010, 06:24 AM
Didn't know trophies was up, thanks for the link!

Muse89
02-27-2010, 12:42 PM
in every ff game iv played i like to max out my characters and do as much as possible with secret bosses etc so im glad now theres more recognition and proof that youve achieved this rather than just telling your mates "yea i got up to lvl __ and beat ____" now youll know if theyre telling the truth or not =]