PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2 questions.

Ry8an25oliver93
01-26-2010, 12:45 AM
So I kind of really want to get this game but I'm very paranoid when it comes to buying a sequel without having played the previous ones. As you probably already assumed I've haven't played that 1st Bad Company. I heard that the story is actual good for a Battlefield game.

So is the story strong in the first one, not asking if it's fun but does have a strong plot?

Also to clarify:
the beta is PS3 only?
If not then how can I access it for the 360?
When does the demo come for non-preorders?
For Preorders?
Also can you pre-order a Game at Gamestop (put the 5 dollars down) and still get the early release content, such as a demo earlier without being penalized for not buying the game?

Thanks in Advance! :woop:

elephantd
01-26-2010, 05:13 AM
It is by no means a strong plot, but it's a very fun single player non-the-less. It made me laugh alot!

stuhp
01-26-2010, 06:10 AM
So I kind of really want to this game but I'm very paranoid when it comes to buying a sequel without having played the previous ones. As you probably already assumed I've haven't played that 1st Bad Company. I heard that the story is actual good for a Battlefield game.

So is the story strong in the first one, not asking if it's fun but does have a strong plot?

Also to clarify:
the beta is PS3 only?
If not then how can I access for the 360?
When does the demo come for non-preorders?
For Preorders?
Also can you pre-order a Game at Gamestop (put the 5 dollars down) and still get the early release content, such as a demo earlier without being penalized for buying the game?

Thanks in Advance! :woop:

1. For a Battlefield game, I myself was surprised at how the campaign in the first Bad Company played out. It, maybe, was not as deep as other games I've played (though that's the price you pay for shooters, I guess), but the character development and plot and other aspects of making a great story were top notch. DICE definitely knew what they were doing when they made the single player.

2. Yes, the BETA is/ or was PS3 only. I say this because I hear news that it's over, but others still say it's going strong. However, there is another BETA for the PC for those who pre-ordered. With that said, there will not be a BETA for the Xbox 360 - only a demo.

3. & 4. An actual date for the demo, as far as I know, has not been confirmed (just the demo itself has been), but I believe it's safe to say now that February 4th is the earliest a demo will be released - possibly for pre-orders, but it could be for non-preorders as well. Someone else should be able to clarify this further.

5. This is something that I wanted to try, actually. I wanted to test it with Left 4 Dead 2, but I just ended up buying it after the demo was publicly released. But I honestly doubt you would be penalized for not buying the game once it comes out if you have it preordered, and if you've been playing the demo: in fact, the most a retailer would do is simply take your preordered copy and wipe off your name, so it becomes food the masses. It's not like they have access to your gamertag to delete the demo once you decide to not buy it.

All in all, my fellow gamer, the first Bad Company is a fun shooter if there ever was one. Regardless if you decide to tackle the sequel first or not, Bad Company is a title definitely worth playing, if not for just the single player, but for the multiplayer as well. :)