PDA

View Full Version : Ad's in Games

scoobydiesel
03-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Well we see mroe ad's in todays gamign then ever before(fight night anyone?) but i have to say fihgt night ad's dont bug me at all. i mean its true to life :-p if you watch boxing your going to see that crap...well you might not see "the king" but youll see all the random add's and what not.

But i do have to say if its in some random game..thats lame...Say in Halo 3 they have an add for Tampons...thats just random and annoying...then again funny...

Or in DOOM maybe burger king sicne we know Mars and hell love the king.

Somethign small like a soda machine with pepsi then again wouldnt bother me....

Whats your take?

killerjt
03-04-2006, 02:59 PM
If the add make the game more realistic, then I like them. Such as, a sports game having a sponsered replay of the game. Yet, I do not like FNR3, how it has so many adds.

Winwood
03-04-2006, 03:36 PM
If you think about Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Fisher worked his way through a couple of packets of Airways gum. I don't mind ads as in perhaps billboards placed in the game or ads on at tv in the game, but this kind of threw me as it was so clearly a plug and it kind of ruined the flow of the game you know. Still, it wasn't an ad on the box or anything as overt as that I suppose.

scoobydiesel
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
yeah billboards are a cool way to advertise, PGR3 has ad's and they work good i think, the gum from SC, thats funny...

KillarPenguin
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
The companies pay big money to have their adds in the games. And I agree, its ok in some places and some games, but not others.

DarkLif3
03-04-2006, 10:40 PM
As some others have said, some ads are ok but other times it just really pisses me off when it's just too much.

Fight Night for example was over the top with ads. I understand that real boxing as a lot of ads in the arena and on TV. The thing is I'm not paying and/or playing a game to view those ads. If I wanted to see ads or commercials I would watch TV.

LOST
03-04-2006, 11:40 PM
i dont care at all. I didnt mind fight night.

k_dog
03-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Halo 2 had the RoosterTooth add which was funny...

Also the "Why are we here?" on Beaver Creek...

Winwood
03-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Halo 2 had the RoosterTooth add which was funny...

Also the "Why are we here?" on Beaver Creek...

Rooster teeth ad? Sounds familiar but where was it? And the Beaver Creek thing is more of an easter egg. I swear though, if Sam Fisher starts pulling out packets of airwaves gum in Double Agent, I'll end up running to the enemy just to punish him! :mad:

PS - this is a really wierd smiley face :eek:

BloodyBunnies
03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
If it adds to the realism of a game yea go for it...or if its like an easter egg not a real company but if you search for it you find some off the wall website.

k_dog
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Rooster teeth ad? Sounds familiar but where was it?

Red vs. Blue, Turf on the Soda Machines

P1NSEEKER
03-07-2006, 04:46 PM
If a game is full of ads (FNR3) they should make it cheaper with all the extra revenue they are making

w00t im no longer a new member :)

Spitfirex007
03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Like most of you said..It depends on how and where the ad is placed. In a sports game, If the broadcast team is like "This game is brought to you by burgerking, Have it your way. And Dodge, grab life by the horns" (Like when they came back from a tv timeout or towards the end of the game)Then thats fine! I would kinda like to see that more in games. It adds to it. Now if they have a huge dodge logo on the court/field. And it don't belong there IRL. Then it ruins the gameplay IMO.

DJHUNTERD
03-07-2006, 04:56 PM
If a game is full of ads (FNR3) they should make it cheaper with all the extra revenue they are making

You would think that but......... *subliminal message kicking in*....

DouggyD
03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Ya, that's the only thing that pisses me off about ads in games. If there are going to be so many ads, the game should be cheaper. If the game is cheaper and the ads don't affect gameplay and aren't too distracting, then I say go for it... But when I pay full price for a new game that is littered with ads (FNR3 anyone?) I can't help but be upset by it.

Gun-Nut
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Only just noticed the other day in Rainbow Six Vegas they have ad's >.> don't really notice them, thought it was kinda cool that I seen the ad was saying Assassin's Creed was out :)

As long as they are not in your face then its all good :)

ever31
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM
as long as the ads are in context of the game then thats cool, a ad board or poster adds to the realism

oO Hippie Oo
02-29-2008, 02:48 AM
nobody likes and emo kid in r6v was great... not really an ad... but anyways yes there should be ads in games, gamers don't really watch tv and its a great market, plus it brings a sense of realism in the game when you're driving and see a familiar billboard.

Royle
02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
At least there isn't adverts during loading screens but I fought it was extreme there being achievements in NFS Pro Street saying brought to you by the insurance thingy.

Impulse2119
03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
In most games the ads are not that big of a deal. But in EA games, its a different story. They practically throw ads in your face during the entire game. Its sickening how much they do it.

UNDERWALLY
03-01-2008, 03:25 AM
The ads doesn't bother me

MetalDragon09
03-01-2008, 03:39 AM
ADs usually don't bother me in video games as long as they dont have an "in your in face attitude", messing up the game.