PDA

View Full Version : Game breaking bug on Feros

EnragedMarksman
01-27-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm currently playing through the original, trying to get my file all ready for ME2 on Friday. All was going well until I got to Feros.

I've completed every assignment for Feros and have literally just handed the data disc to Hossle.

Upon trying to leave the area to return to Zhu's hope, the door to the skyway won't open. I've loaded up about 4 different saves and repeated, ran up to it on foot before triggering the dialogue when you take Lizbeth back and tried shooting the thing out of anger lol.

If anyone else has come across this, or has ANY advice they could give me, I'd very much appreciate it. I don't really wish to lose my 63 hour profile =(

IrishHenshin
01-27-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news or jump the gun, but reading around the net it looks like that bug hasn't been fixed. No matter what I search for there are little responses in the threads and many fixes are for the PC version, I'll keep looking around though.

EDIT: I really can't find a solution to this, other than people continuously reloading saves. Other than that, I don't know if this will work if you can get of the elevator Exogeni headquarters side, you could go back outside and get back to the Normandy?

EnragedMarksman
01-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Absolute saint for replying so quick.

So this is this a widely known bug then? I did google search this but I didn't appear to find anything on it which kinda made me think this is an isolated issue. Gutted if it's widespread.

I might just have to bite the bullet and start a normal playthrough and speed through it as fast as I can. A main mission only playthrough should only take around 7-10 hours right?

IrishHenshin
01-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Not sure if you saw my edit there. I've just been googling "Mass Effect feros stuck", "Mass Effect feros stuck elevator".

For me I know the main missions inside out, and just skip through all the dialogue, on normal if you power through it can be done in about 4-6. That's my general average for it. Side quests will make it longer.

EnragedMarksman
01-27-2010, 03:38 AM
Wait, this door thing is known as the elevator glitch? If it is I may have to kill myself out of embaressment.

Just got your edit now, your thinking I can return to the Normandy in the Mako? Dunno how I overlooked that lol.

I'll give your suggestion a go now.

Edit: Unfortunately it didn't work, got back onto the upper skyway and bashed X for all it was worth.
If number 2 doesn't make the first one look a little girl I'll come back and get the full 1200 one day.
I think I'll just start over from scratch on Normal with a different class, lucky I have tomorrow off of work I guess.
Thank you very much for your effort Irish, very much appreciated.

IrishHenshin
01-27-2010, 03:57 AM
No problem man, I'm sorry I couldn't be anymore help :( Seems some bugs just get swept under the rug and forgotten about!