PDA

View Full Version : No update when I put disc in... that's a first

Evil Demon55
01-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Ussually when I put older games in, I am forced to do a 2 second game update. I put this game in for the first time the other day and it didn't ask for an update. Don't all games require an update, or is this like the only game that doesn't require an update.

I could have sworn NBA Live 06 required an update. Anyone else experience this, or experience this for any other games? (Does not include new releases). I just kind of want to know.

Gottle
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Update=patch. If a game is old, probably it has a patch, but it's not a rule, so no, not all games force you to update.

Thorpe
01-28-2010, 02:05 AM
I have this happen but that's normal I guess. Either it gets patched or not (in this case maybe there isn't a need for a patch). I also noticed on NBA 2K6 a patch was in the US but not needed for UK game?

mickspawn
01-28-2010, 02:10 AM
ive had games before that havent asked to update, dont know what criteria is used. I guess if theres no problems with the game they have no need to patch it.

Gamechamp
01-31-2010, 03:49 AM
Or maybe EA was just too lazy to patch it? xP

ezekiel 08
01-31-2010, 09:19 AM
This game sure needs a patch or two, it's a horrible excuse for an NBA game :(. I guess EA are too lazy to patch their games (like NFS:Carbon and it's Urban Battler cheevo).

Spanish Assault
01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
This game sure needs a patch or two, it's a horrible excuse for an NBA game :(. I guess EA are too lazy to patch their games (like NFS:Carbon and it's Urban Battler cheevo).
Or for the countless glitches for NCAA football 2007...I HATE THAT GAME!!