PDA

View Full Version : What are the best sound settings?

djpj
01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, you can choose between hifi, headphones, home cinema and war tapes.

So what is war tapes exactly?

InsaneKane87
01-31-2010, 02:07 AM
All I could think of are possibly sound effects from war movies.

ghostndshell
01-31-2010, 02:19 AM
Yeah I just changed mine gonna see what it does. :D

Update : It just seems to boost the sound nothing else!!

stuhp
01-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Yeah I just changed mine gonna see what it does. :D

Update : It just seems to boost the sound nothing else!!

I've noticed just as much. But~ I'm kinda convinced the Russian radio is changed a bit.

InsaneKane87
01-31-2010, 04:16 AM
I just tryed it, idk how to explain it exactly makes the sounds louder gives it more of the war feeling. I like it

MrMeatHunter
02-21-2010, 11:47 AM
War tapes is definatly the best :D

Im not sure if it does, but i think.... it makes the characters in the multiplayer talk more, for example the swear a lot more and when i was snipeing my guy seemed to say somthing after every kill :D

Copyright
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
War tapes sounds like there's constant explosions around you, bullets flying by, etc...
While this sounds cool. It's completely counterproductive when it comes to gaming. If you are constantly hearing explosions that wont effect you, bullets that will never hit you, etc... You wont hear the guy coming up behind you, where the bullets that are actually coming at you are coming from, etc....

To each his own, but I prefer home cinema (I have a 5.1 system), this way I can hear what effects me, none of the extra stuff.

Taiyz
02-22-2010, 12:11 AM
The different settings are just optimizations for your setup (ignoring War Tapes which is a bonus setting as it was already described.) If you've got headphones, go with that. Surround? Home Cinema. I'm not exactly sure what devices Hi-Fi is aimed at (I know it means High Fidelity though,) but an audiophile would know. I have a basic TV with stereo speakers so I use the TV setting.

Copyright
02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
The different settings are just optimizations for your setup (ignoring War Tapes which is a bonus setting as it was already described.) If you've got headphones, go with that. Surround? Home Cinema. I'm not exactly sure what devices Hi-Fi is aimed at (I know it means High Fidelity though,) but an audiophile would know. I have a basic TV with stereo speakers so I use the TV setting.
I'm gonna guess Hi-Fi is for those using a standard stereo system or one of those fake 5.1 systems, that uses stereo input but outputs through 5 speakers + sub.

djpj
02-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm gonna guess Hi-Fi is for those using a standard stereo system or one of those fake 5.1 systems, that uses stereo input but outputs through 5 speakers + sub.
Home cinema setting is only for optical output anyway. So I think that if you select home cinema while connecting speakers through RCA cable I don't think that would affect something.