PDA

View Full Version : DLC dated

cbssi
01-29-2010, 12:41 AM
UPDATE
Ubisoft have posted on their Twitter that the DLC's release is going to be sooner than expected: Feb. 18, 2010. No news on whether this will affect the content (the pre-order bonuses, I mean), but I will keep you updated.

Update again: The three pre-order maps can be purchased with this DLC, but they add 200 points onto the total price of the pack.

Original post:

The Bonfire of the Vanities will be released on February 25, and will also include the three bonus maps that were included in various versions of pre-orders of the game.

Source: http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/dlc/

TheFalcon
01-29-2010, 03:12 AM
good to hear those pre order bonuses are included. hopefully they'll add achievements to this one.

Dz06lt
01-29-2010, 03:14 AM
^im with you on that one

marecat41
01-29-2010, 11:46 AM
^ I also agree. DLC without achievements is like eating kamikazi wings without a drink. Just not worth it.

kliqIMB
01-30-2010, 07:04 AM
That's weird because I just got this response from the Official Ubisoft team and they said that it's coming with DLC3? Which wouldn't Bonfire of the Vanities be DLC2?

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7728/acmaps.jpg

cbssi
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Hmmm.... Who knows? Maybe we're interpreting this page wrong, and the lairs will in fact be released as separate DLC. However, I believe the value would increase dramatically if they were a part of Bonfire.

Timmsy
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
i dont mind about achievements, unless they are story/achievement based, i just spent 11 hours doing the feathers and videos so i pretty collected out lol

well excited got a month to finish this and then there will be more :)

Pearson
01-31-2010, 06:07 PM
The other memory blocks had achievements, so I don't know why The Battle of Forli didn't have one. Since this is more or less a continuation of memory block 12, hopefully there will be an achievement associated with it. As far as the bonus maps are concerned, I think they'll be added with this DLC because there were only 2 planned, unless they're thinking of making the bonus maps DLC #3. Of course that would suck since I already have two of the three that came with my Master Assassin Edition CE.

ShaggyB
02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
The other memory blocks had achievements, so I don't know why The Battle of Forli didn't have one. Since this is more or less a continuation of memory block 12, hopefully there will be an achievement associated with it. As far as the bonus maps are concerned, I think they'll be added with this DLC because there were only 2 planned, unless they're thinking of making the bonus maps DLC #3. Of course that would suck since I already have two of the three that came with my Master Assassin Edition CE.

well from that big plus on the DLC#2 pack id say they come with that... which is cool.

There are 4 extra challenge maps... the one with the CE edition, The gamestop pre-order one, and The best buy pre-order one. The final is on the U-play prize. Its 30 points and as you play the game you can get it. I unlocked it first and just got the throwing knives and the theme (theme sucks bad) on to Altair costume... And you get 40 points for beating the game... (when you make an account you get 10) The Uplay is the crypt in the base town.

BILE1418
02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Really want to play this already.

Mr Foxhound
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Has there been any word on whether this will feature achievements or not yet?

IEvil IMonkey
02-06-2010, 12:41 AM
^^ Id say 99.99% NO

If there wasnt any for 1st DLC then 2nd wont be any different... the only reason its slightly more @ 400msp is that its 10 memory strands instead of 6 this time.

Im praying on the 00.01% that it DOES have achievements but im not holding my breath

MONS1EUR FOL1E
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
If there wasnt any for 1st DLC then 2nd wont be any different...
Left 4 Dead only got extra achievements on it's second lot of DLC..

Tatanko
02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Here's my theory on what's meant by "DLC3", hopefully it will clear things up. I think they mean that the Bonfire of the Vanities + 3 extra maps are "DLC3". DLC2 would be Bonfire of the Vanities by itself, and DLC3 is the the combo pack.

TestySniper
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
All I know is that I am hoping for new achievments.

ShaggyB
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Here's my theory on what's meant by "DLC3", hopefully it will clear things up. I think they mean that the Bonfire of the Vanities + 3 extra maps are "DLC3". DLC2 would be Bonfire of the Vanities by itself, and DLC3 is the the combo pack.

where are you guys seeing the words dlc3?

Tatanko
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM
where are you guys seeing the words dlc3?
See post #5 of this thread.

ShaggyB
02-09-2010, 01:25 PM
See post #5 of this thread.

ahhh ok....

In that case id say typo.... because the official page has those listed with bonfire... and the official video never mentions a dlc3.... guess we have to wait and see though.

Tatanko
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
ahhh ok....

In that case id say typo.... because the official page has those listed with bonfire... and the official video never mentions a dlc3.... guess we have to wait and see though.
I'm thinking it may have been some sort of internal reference to the separate BotV and BotV+Bonus Maps packs, like I said in my post above. I'm hoping I'm wrong though because that sort of then says they wouldn't be releasing more DLC after BotV and I definitely want them to release more DLC.

Barbaric Duck
02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I think they are calling it dlc3 because if u preordered assassins creed 2 u got a downloadable map with it.

Poppygalaxy
02-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Hope this is better then the first one!

ShaggyB
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I think they are calling it dlc3 because if u preordered assassins creed 2 u got a downloadable map with it.

but to get all 3 maps you had to pre-order at best buy and gamestop... and you must purchase the collectors edition...

this bonus dlc would allow those who didnt get the pre-orders or the collectors to play all three.... and those who did get a pre-order and the collectors to play the third

k1lls1gn
02-11-2010, 01:36 AM
It needs achievs......or else i probly wont get it.

SweetBlackMagic
02-12-2010, 08:32 PM
It needs achievs......or else i probly wont get it.

Agreed...I finally broke down and bought the Forli DLC and was extremely disappointed. As fun as AC2 was, I figured one more memory would be worth it. Very repetitive and the simple fact that they didn't include at least a "memory completion" cheevo sucked hard.

IXISHADOW
02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Left 4 Dead only got extra achievements on it's second lot of DLC.. Pc version had achievements with the first DLC.

ShaggyB
02-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Agreed...I finally broke down and bought the Forli DLC and was extremely disappointed. As fun as AC2 was, I figured one more memory would be worth it. Very repetitive and the simple fact that they didn't include at least a "memory completion" cheevo sucked hard.

i wouldnt call it sucky based on repetitive style of play.... but i am curious why they didnt add an achievement for memory finish... that seems easy enough and it lines up with the other ones.

daishichi
02-16-2010, 08:31 PM
As posted on the front page today, this DLC has been moved up a week and will release on February 18th.

cbssi
02-17-2010, 03:53 AM
As posted on the front page today, this DLC has been moved up a week and will release on February 18th.

Thread updated accordingly.

Luke19
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Nice suprise, looking forward to playing this tomorrow.

Hopefully it's better than the 1st DLC.

wtrswoopes
02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Has there been any solid confirmation of the bonus maps being included in the Bonfire of Vanities DLC? I was able to get all 3 bonus maps by ordering the game at the various locations and it irks me to think I'll have to pay for something I already went out of my way to get.

Someone posted above that they are interrupting it as having two purchase options: Bonfire of Vanities or Bonfire of Vanities + Bonus Maps for a little more money. I really hope that is the case.

That way people who have all three maps don't get penalized by having to pay extra and those that don't have the maps can finally buy them and get 100% synchronization.

It does seem a shame though if they don't sell the maps individually for like 80 points each. What if you have the 2 maps from the CE and just need to buy the Shipment map that came from Best Buy?

AraknidX
02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Ubisoft confirmed on Twitter earlier today that there will be 2 options:

Buy "Bonfire" on its own for 320 points.
Buy "Bonfire" + the 3 Templar lairs for 560 points.

*edit* Ubisoft cocked up and told us the wrong price for the combined pack. It's 560 points not 520.

ShaggyB
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Ubisoft confirmed on Twitter earlier today that there will be 2 options:

Buy "Bonfire" on its own for 320 points.
Buy "Bonfire" + the 3 Templar lairs for 520 points.

seriously??? awesome

I cant wait

CrashingEchelon
02-17-2010, 06:13 PM
What is with this new thing of giving early adopters free content then having them pay for it later on? It happened with Beatles Rock Band and now Assassin's Creed 2. I got the 2 Templar maps from pre-ordering the collectors edition and all I need is the shipyard. Would it have killed them to do what people are saying and release the 3 maps alone for 80 MS points.

daishichi
02-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Okay, that 520 deal is even MORE bogus. I bought the US pre-order with 2 of the 3 bonus maps; Arsenal Shipyard was exclusive to the UK special edition. So I'm supposed to shell out the extra 200 points for 3 maps when I've already paid for two of them? Since they made the secret locations part of 100% synchronization, I guess I have to, even though it amounts to maybe 20 mins of gameplay.

forum1983
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Has there been any solid confirmation of the bonus maps being included in the Bonfire of Vanities DLC? I was able to get all 3 bonus maps by ordering the game at the various locations and it irks me to think I'll have to pay for something I already went out of my way to get.

Someone posted above that they are interrupting it as having two purchase options: Bonfire of Vanities or Bonfire of Vanities + Bonus Maps for a little more money. I really hope that is the case.

That way people who have all three maps don't get penalized by having to pay extra and those that don't have the maps can finally buy them and get 100% synchronization.

It does seem a shame though if they don't sell the maps individually for like 80 points each. What if you have the 2 maps from the CE and just need to buy the Shipment map that came from Best Buy?

Man I really wish they release this DLC with the 3 extra maps completely separate from each other. I saw that it was out, the first thing on my xbox dashboard, so I was like sweet I'm going to download it and play tonight. So I played tonight, and after I finished it I wanted to see how people were ranking it, especially after the first DLC tanked in my opinion. And I read on all these threads about the extra 3 templar maps, so I looked again, this time under the game marketplace and went to ALL of the AC DLC and sure enough the is two different versions of the DLC. One with just sequence 13 and one with sequence 13 and the 3 templar maps. WTF Xbox!!!!???? If you are going to advertise on the front page of peoples xbox's then you should have it setup so when the player clicks to download it at least go's to AC complete download list, not just a page that has the watered down version of DLC 2, DLC 1, and of course they throw in AC1 on demand download on that page!!! I was really hoping that the 3 templar maps would be coming out and now the only chance I have to play it is if I spend even more money for the one download that includes the 3 maps (which I just bought so that means I would waste 320 points)!!!!! Very deceiving Microsoft! And NOT COOL AT ALL!!!! F' off Microsoft! Sorry for the rant everyone. Please learn from my mistake everyone and be careful of what you are downloading and what you WANT to download. Now I won't get the chance to explore those new areas. Unless of course they stop being d-bags and release the maps on their own. :)

ShaggyB
02-19-2010, 03:53 PM
i recommend for future purchases you not use the console and go to the website.

xbox.com allows one to surf the market place without predetermined links... under assassins creed 2:

Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities
Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations
Florence Premium Theme

are all listed as the newest releases... in that order.

I agree with you that they should have put a secret locations download seperately... and as some have pointed out... they should have just done each separately (that way you could buy just the one you needed... state side many of us had either 1 or 2 or none.... depending on where we pre-ordered.)

having said that... i payed the extra $3 to get just one secret location... i had the other two... It was well worth it as i had fun in the ship yard building

forum1983
02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
i recommend for future purchases you not use the console and go to the website.

xbox.com allows one to surf the market place without predetermined links... under assassins creed 2:

Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities
Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations
Florence Premium Theme

are all listed as the newest releases... in that order.

I agree with you that they should have put a secret locations download seperately... and as some have pointed out... they should have just done each separately (that way you could buy just the one you needed... state side many of us had either 1 or 2 or none.... depending on where we pre-ordered.)

having said that... i payed the extra $3 to get just one secret location... i had the other two... It was well worth it as i had fun in the ship yard building

I will keep that in mind next time I'm looking to download content. And I believe my rant was trivial when compared to the people who were early supporters of the game and got some extra stuff because of their support, only to later to be cast aside like their support never mattered. Downloadable content is the wave of the future, I think. Not only game expansions but entire games, and I'm talking brand new games that never come out on disk, only as DC. We are seeing the waters being tested more and more. But in order for DC to be successful they (Devs) really need to look at the little things like this because it's the little things like this that will put a stigma on DC. Thanks for the advice about only getting download content on the website ;)