PDA

View Full Version : EA/ Dr.Pepper Promotion confusing?

elephantd
01-31-2010, 03:14 AM
So i drank my Dr.Pepper, and logged into the Dr.Pepper promotion site, only to find Batllefeild BC:2 was not on it :/ it had Battlefeild Heros, but no Battlefeild: Bad Company 2! I'm thinking it's only because the game hasen't been released?

stuhp
01-31-2010, 03:49 AM
That's what gamer Chuppernicus has been saying, I'm pretty sure. Once the final product hits store shelves, the deals might be revealed within the week. I don't see any reason why they would release them beforehand - but that's just me.

elephantd
02-01-2010, 07:40 AM
That's what gamer Chuppernicus has been saying, I'm pretty sure. Once the final product hits store shelves, the deals might be revealed within the week. I don't see any reason why they would release them beforehand - but that's just me.

Yeah i guess it wouldn't make sense to release before hand.:)

littlejay
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
that would be my guess. i got all the mass effect stuff and a bf heroes outfit. we shall see in less than 30 days. the bottles will be sold through the 31st of march and start up again in july

Chuppernicus
02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
I've been on this since the get go and neither Mass Effect 2 nor Bad Company 2 were even prize selections 2 weeks ago. We had to wait a few days after Mass Effect 2 came out before we could select Mass Effect 2 and get our items. You CAN store your points and just wait though.Just wait I'll post when Bad Company2 is up.

Just get your wife to drink more Diet Dr. Pepper for you! Patience.

Tibbs
02-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Could someone fill me in about DR.Pepper deal here?

Chuppernicus
02-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Could someone feel me in about DR.Pepper deal here?

I'll fill you in on Dr Pepper's promotions, ask someone else to feel you in! Simple really. Buy Dr. Pepper or Diet, the only 2 I've seen so far in 20 oz. They have a EA promotion on the label. Go here:
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/

Input your code from the cap and wait until the game launches. Should be 2-3 days after actually if it's the same as Mass Effect 2. Then get free gear, unlocks and achievements? for Bad Company2. We have yet to hear exactly what we are getting. Search around for more details.

General Boredom
02-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I've redeemed about 3 codes and so far I've won two Umbra Visors for ME2 and an outfit for for BF:Heroes.

I guess I'll just hold on to any more codes until after BF:BC2 is out...

Runic Aries
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I havn't seen any of these bottles so far, is this exclusive to some countries or has someone else in Canada seen any?

Munkyb0uy
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Just read the terms and conditions on the site and its US residents only! Which is frickin retarded. Stupid EA. The game is made by DICE in the EU. Why should it be only the americans that get this?

stuhp
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
I've redeemed about 3 codes and so far I've won two Umbra Visors for ME2 and an outfit for for BF:Heroes.

I guess I'll just hold on to any more codes until after BF:BC2 is out...

You make it sound as if your codes netted you random prizes. I don't remember 'random' being mentioned anywhere, though. Care to elaborate?

littlejay
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't remember who to give credit to but this was in the mass effect forums. you can get free dr pepper dlc using the same code and make fake accounts. ill be trying this again when the bad company stuff is on there

The codes are:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV
You only need one to get all the DLC, however.

Now… INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Visit the Dr. Pepper website and sign three accounts up. You can
put a fake email for all three, as the website doesn't verify the
accounts. You will also input a fake city, state, and phone number as
well. IMPORTANT! If you live outside the US, you can still get this
DLC! Just put random numbers for the zip, a random city and state, and
boom! No sweat! Put fake info in all three accounts.

2) Input the code.

3) It will say to click to pick your prize. Make sure that you have an
EA and BioWare account, and that the two are linked together. I'm not
going to go into detail on how to do this, however. Just Google it.

4) When you click on the Select Prize button, pick Mass Effect 2, and
then whichever DLC you want. Be sure to pick a different one for all
three accounts.

5) It will say that it has been redeemed, then link you to BioWare's
website for final verification. Sign in there, and you'll see your new
item sitting there waiting for you! I hope you guys enjoyed this
guide, and I hope you get good use out of the DLC. Thanks for reading!

Chuppernicus
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
You make it sound as if your codes netted you random prizes. I don't remember 'random' being mentioned anywhere, though. Care to elaborate?

The codes are not random. You get to choose. Ignore the guys that dont know what they are talking about. You need 3 codes for Mass Effect 2 for all the current free DLC offered through the Dr Pepper promotion. Details on the Bad Company promotion are very scarce and we dont know how many codes or what exactly you can win. Too much guessing and speculation is going on.

If anyone has seen an Official listing of the Bad Company prize(s) please post a link, not your "educated" guess please. Think of it like your English paper, gotta have a bibliography, dont just make stuff up.

"I heard that...." -No you didn't kid go away.

Shelton
02-16-2010, 12:53 AM
If anyone has seen an Official listing of the Bad Company prize(s) please post a link, not your "educated" guess please. Think of it like your English paper, gotta have a bibliography, dont just make stuff up.

"I heard that...." -No you didn't kid go away.

"In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement."

LINK. (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61866)

I do not like the sound of an exclusive achievement...

Chuppernicus
02-16-2010, 04:09 AM
"In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement."

LINK. (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61866)

I do not like the sound of an exclusive achievement...

Thanks for the link, saw that just wondered exactly what the 4 kit upgrades actually were. 4 codes then? Speculation of course, somewhere I didnt want to go really. While I'm here, dare I say that this could be some of the "paid" content that so many are upset about? Get your new class free with Dr. Pepper or pay. I doubt it. Either way we'll know soon enough.

qpRELENTLESSqp
02-16-2010, 04:44 AM
i hope its not exclusive and they offer it on the marketplace because i'm not the biggest dr pepper fan...

or i hope it was like the me2 promotion where you can just use the same codes

Ry8an25oliver93
02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
I found a Link (http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=161342) that better describes the Dr. Pepper promotion and describes the BFBC 2 prizes:

littlejay
02-21-2010, 12:49 AM
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/prizes/

keep checking that link and it should say when BC2 prizes are available