PDA

View Full Version : Word of Mouth Award

Pages : [1] 2

Elfire313
03-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I can pretty much understand how most of the awards are handed out but how did people obtain that one? Just tell others to come to the site?

Maka
03-08-2007, 08:49 PM
And you have to attract poeple to the site, and in anyway help the site out by attracting others.

Someone, who keeps the site name in their motto on Xbox live Has it, Or someone with "x360a" in their name... Or people who can get this site's name on other big sites..

snafegeeza
03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
I dont have it, check my motto mr webb or mr minters.

Plus I have somthing else big on the horizon.

LordXenu
03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I got it by spreading the word about the NBA Live 07 event. I got it on Major Nelson, posted at gametrailers.com, etc..

Sotaco
03-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I have it at my motto too but no award.
Please check.

Zef
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
The powers that be will check if you nudge them to do so, and if they think you deserve the award then it shall be bestowethed upon thee.

I don't think there is anything for referring people though, but do so anyway.

Shaaady Souljah
03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah, i have brought numerous friends here as referrals... i don't expect any award.

***warning: corny statement coming...***

the site is reward enough. :p

but now that you mention it, it would kind of nice i suppose. ;)

Webb
03-08-2007, 10:33 PM
It's more than just a motto, but that's a good start :)

Positive advertisement of the site is pretty much the essence of it.

Motto/Bio on Xbox Live
Signatures at relevant, big, gaming sites, and social/networking sites
Changing your tag to represent x360a, like so many people are doing ;)
Referrals (make sure to have friends enter your username when they register with us
General site promotion

Etc, etc, so long as its positive promotion of the site :)

Elfire313
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
It's more than just a motto, but thats a good start :)

Motto on XBL
Signatures at relevant, big, gaming sites
Changing your tag to promote the site like so many people are doing ;)
Referrals
General site promotionEtc, etc, so long as its positive promotion of the site :)

Oh and snafe.... Care to enlighten me? :)

Well so far I've only referred friends in real life and XBL to the site.
I'll spread the word more so and include a link in my sig on Xbox.com and IGN. ;)

DaKing240
03-09-2007, 02:05 AM
I am going to be making a list of ways to acquire the award in the future... I think Webb summed it up nicely though.

Skillet
03-09-2007, 02:24 AM
I have it in my sig on bungie.net...that site has near of 1,000,000 members. Well over 2,000,000 if you count all of the unique deleted accounts and inactive users. At least, that's what Achronos says.

snafegeeza
03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
I might do if your nice to me mr webb. ;)

ScottEvil30
03-10-2007, 09:02 AM
*checks motto*

had x360.org in my motto for a couple of weeks...

*checks awards*

:(

;)

Webb
03-10-2007, 04:48 PM

^^^^ ;) :D

Im a Manatee
03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Sig @ xbox.com
Motto
Sig at codemasters-project

I recommend anyone wanting to put it in your sig type this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org - The best achievements site on the webb.

ScottEvil30
03-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I expect special treatment webb. In fact, you should create a ScottEvil30 award.

Actually, I did think of a name change but ScottEvilx360 doesn't look right. If anyone could come up with one that looked good I'd consider it..

Curtis
03-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Sig @ xbox.com
Motto
Sig at codemasters-project

I recommend anyone wanting to put it in your sig type this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org - The best achievements site on the webb.

I've got "x360a.org - Every Point Counts" in mine on xbox.com.

What about just "Scott x360a"

ScottEvil30
03-11-2007, 12:47 PM
ScottEvil30 has been my online tag ever since I discovered the interweb :*)

How does xScottEvil360 look?

Actually that defeats the point so ignore me :(

Curtis
03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I don't see a problem with ScottEvil x360a or Scott x360a mate, it's just up to what you want at the end of the day.

ScottEvil30
03-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah might buy some points later and change it.

Either of those two look ok.

Webb
03-11-2007, 02:36 PM
ScottEvil x360a

That looks cool :)

Curtis, I'll sort you one out when I get a sec ;)

*contemplates Manatee's application for the award :p*

J Lo
03-11-2007, 04:31 PM

Motto on XBL
Referrals
General site promotionMotto on XBL-Complete
Signature at 360Voice and a blog about X360A on 360Voice
1 Referral

Adam Miller
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I have got it on my motto, only use this 360 site as its the best and hae reffered 2 people who didnt give me credit and have since been castrated. I am more than willing to change my tab to Adam Miller x360a if someone would tell me how.:)

Curtis
03-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I have got it on my motto, only use this 360 site as its the best and hae reffered 2 people who didnt give me credit and have since been castrated. I am more than willing to change my tab to Adam Miller x360a if someone would tell me how.:)

- Guide button
- Top tab where you can view games etc.
- Edit gamer profile
- Gamertag
- If you've got points, you can change it straight away, if not, you'll need 800, which should be around 4 if I remember right.
- Type in Gamertag you want to change to.
- Confirm and it should be done.

Adam Miller
03-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks alot but iv only only got 150 so next is worms then this, i have had it in my motto a loooooooooooooooooonnnng time the webb *puppydog eyes*.:p

J Lo
03-11-2007, 05:25 PM
- Guide button
- Top tab where you can view games etc.
- Edit gamer profile
- Gamertag
- If you've got points, you can change it straight away, if not, you'll need 800, which should be around 4 if I remember right.
- Type in Gamertag you want to change to.
- Confirm and it should be done.

when u change ur gamertag, it will change all of ur gamercards right or do u have to maually remake them all]

just changed my gamertag to J Lo x360a

so thats a gamertag
a motto
a sig on another site
a blog on another site
a referral

Curtis
03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I doubt you'll have to remake then, but if you've got it in your sig with your old GT in the IMG code, then you'll have to change that.

Norad45
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Ive done all but the referrals. Many people are asking what the x360a stands for...so word is getting out:woop:

Im a Manatee
03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
That looks cool :)

Curtis, I'll sort you one out when I get a sec ;)

*contemplates Manatee's application for the award :p*

I made a terrible joke, and referenced the site. What is not to love?

ScottEvil30
03-14-2007, 05:07 PM
oh well, end of an era :( :p

Webb
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
oh well, end of an era :( :p

And the beginning of a better one :D

Tron
03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Definitely looks good guys... j lo, curtis, scottevil, way to represent...should make our halo3 matches much more interesting when we dominate :)

JBong6
03-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I was wondering if having the site in ur gamer card on your live account counts as word of mouth? If it does I have and will continue to have it in there. My gamertag is JBong6. Thanks! Love this site, use it daily and have told all my friends about it as well, I go nowhere else for my game info needs.

Tripl299
04-09-2007, 02:37 PM
I just have a quick question about changing my gamertage on xbox live. If I change it, will i have to change it on this site in all of the completed games? because that would be alot of work for pandora!! Or just keep my name on this site the same and use that for the lists?? I know I will have to have it updated for the leaderboard, wasn't sure about the 1000 and 200 clubs. Thanks in advance

Tron
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
you dont have to change it on the site...you will have to add your new GT to your profile so your gamercard shows up, but you dont have to change the site login

ac2565
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM
I just have a quick question about changing my gamertage on xbox live. If I change it, will i have to change it on this site in all of the completed games? because that would be alot of work for pandora!! Or just keep my name on this site the same and use that for the lists?? I know I will have to have it updated for the leaderboard, wasn't sure about the 1000 and 200 clubs. Thanks in advance
Well it is your decision whether to change your name in the 1000 and 200 clubs. But I did and it went like this

Old gt: lupa lupe
new gt: AceAssassin2565
I am listed under lupa lupe in
fifa rtfwc 2006
King Kong
Madden 06
NBA Street Homecourt

and same thing for the 200 clubs as to make it easier so she doesnt have to search every single thread looking for my name.

oVo Pandora oVo
04-09-2007, 09:37 PM

I don't mind the work :) just submit your new name I can reference your profile for the list just make sure you put your new live profile on their for me to see :) but really it is up to you how you want your name to appear whether it is your member name or GT

Scotian Bred
10-22-2007, 03:09 AM
this award is harder to obtain then it used to be for others.. i have been an active member since Jan of 07 of this year and have used the site even before i became a member .. i even spent the 800MS points to change my tag to include the x360a, i work hard to bring guides to this site which nobody has made and i also make sigs for other members with no charge ... oh and someone took the number uno tag right after i changed it to .. so now there is a copy cat (damn shame) .. i also gave away my UNO code to a member of this site, and subcribe and send money, I also made two different userbars and put them both on userbars.org which have gotten over 70 hits between the two and which are the only userbars that i have come acroos featuring x360a.. and anyone can grab em they are there for all to take .. still no word of mouth award .. the last thing i have seen to be able to get this award now was to be a good sport when playing another memeber/mod .. for now i seem to be a kind of a stickler on this one and have put in more work then some people have who got it already .. but time tells all and someday i will have that speaker bumpin in my awards showcase .. wink wink ;)

Khaos
10-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Damn, and I was wondering why I got nothing for having my sig over at CheapAssGamer, now I feel like I don't do anything around here .....sniff.....

Royle
10-22-2007, 09:23 AM
I put it in my motto a few days ago I don't understand all these awards anyway:(

Andrew x360a
10-26-2007, 05:40 AM
My friends are losers and don't listen to me. Guess they're the ones missing out.

Rhys
11-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Webb I Hav "x360a.org" On My Xbox.com Sig And I Keep On Spreading The Word To My Freinds List In A Message So Can I Have The award ? :confused:

mclinton92
11-11-2007, 12:10 AM
haha, i put it in my motto without even realising u get an award.

its such a user friendly site

Vista
11-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Well i got Kingxsaint to join, and have had various people ask me about my motto of "x360a.org" Many have visited the site to get guides, some have joined :)

I will be changing my name to King x360a soon, I think...

DrH3rbz
11-11-2007, 02:33 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21255

Bottom post.

Vista
11-11-2007, 03:16 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21255

Bottom post.

Why would you mention this to me? I have been here for over a half a year, distributed over 1000 posts! If and when I change my name, I am sure I will get acknowledged for it...

killlah631
11-11-2007, 04:50 AM
I got a bunch of people to join the site and the last person I got to join I realized there was a referred part so he put me as the referrer. I thought maybe that was how you got it, I guess I'm wrong?

DrH3rbz
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Why would you mention this to me? I have been here for over a half a year, distributed over 1000 posts! If and when I change my name, I am sure I will get acknowledged for it...

In no way was it aimed at you, I did not mention your name in ze post and not sure where you got the idea from...

And I am sure you will, you make a very good contribution to the forums, but you seem to have taken offensive where it was not meant. Apologies ;)

Vista
11-12-2007, 12:13 AM
In no way was it aimed at you, I did not mention your name in ze post and not sure where you got the idea from...

And I am sure you will, you make a very good contribution to the forums, but you seem to have taken offensive where it was not meant. Apologies ;)

Thanks and sorry, I seem to get a little worked up when new members who just joined (not you ;)) trash talk and act higher then everybody else....

killlah631
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks and sorry, I seem to get a little worked up when new members who just joined (not you ;)) trash talk and act higher then everybody else....

Haha I totally agree with you bro..people come in trash talking me telling me to use the search button..I mean once in awhile you know you miss a thread on something and I try not to start pointless threads...not that I'm an x360a god or anything...but I'm a decently active member;)

Jdm
11-12-2007, 01:19 AM

Are you guys all worked up over an award?:p

You guys keep doing what you do best. Contributing to the site and helping out fellow members should be rewarding enough. So let me ask you guys...do you put x360a in your tags and refer people to the site because you want to or do you do it just for the awards?

Blind x360a
11-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I haven't put it in my tag.

But I refer people when they need achievement help or they like talking about achievements. :D

killlah631
11-12-2007, 02:09 AM
I refer kids in my school strictly for the reason that they a lot of the time need help with things I can't help them with, and I know they will be able to be helped by someone or some forum on the site.

DrH3rbz
11-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Are you guys all worked up over an award?:p

You guys keep doing what you do best. Contributing to the site and helping out fellow members should be rewarding enough. So let me ask you guys...do you put x360a in your tags and refer people to the site because you want to or do you do it just for the awards?

To be honest, I did when I first joined (also because I didn't like having a "3" in place of an "E" like in my forum name, seemed a good way to go around that problem) but now I do it because I generally love the site, its always open on my browser, I mean I never actually close it, I put my laptop on standby pretty much ALL the time so when I open the lid up and click on firefox at the bottom its ready to go :p

I've had a few people over gears be like whats the site about, so I say its a cool place to find out achievements and has a good forum and tell them to check it out, god knows if they ever do but it feels nice to point them in the right direction ;)

Birky
11-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Okay, this is sort of like the word of mouth award but I'm not begging to get it. I am simply asking if I am a valid enough member to change my tag to include x360a in it. I have been a member here for a long time and feel that I am an active member of the community. I have PM'd Minty several times asking for the go ahead but have had no response. I have played before with Shady, Covert, and David Creech. So you can ask them if you need a referrer. I am not sure if a mod can tell me it is okay to have to x360a in my tag, but if so please respond to this with a yes or no. I have had 1000 MS points on my xbox for too long. ;) Again, anyone with the power to tell me it is okay to change my gamercard I would greatly appreciate it if you gave me an answer. Thanks.

-Birky

Jdm
11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Okay, this is sort of like the word of mouth award but I'm not begging to get it. I am simply asking if I am a valid enough member to change my tag to include x360a in it. I have been a member here for a long time and feel that I am an active member of the community. I have PM'd Minty several times asking for the go ahead but have had no response. I have played before with Shady, Covert, and David Creech. So you can ask them if you need a referrer. I am not sure if a mod can tell me it is okay to have to x360a in my tag, but if so please respond to this with a yes or no. I have had 1000 MS points on my xbox for too long. ;) Again, anyone with the power to tell me it is okay to change my gamercard I would greatly appreciate it if you gave me an answer. Thanks.

-Birky

Actually...Shady, Covert, and Creech are all Staff Members. Since you've played with them in the past, I think you can just ask them yourselves. I'm sure they'll vouch for you. Just make sure to ask VERY nicely.;)

As for the Award, the Admins. hand them out.

crazy lizarrrd
11-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I just got my gamerchick award :) *happy happy* :) Thanks to whoever gave it to me :D

Mustkill9
11-16-2007, 06:43 AM

-Birky

I hope you don't talk to girls like that. Because what will happen is they will go home, call their friends, and tell their friends that they own you. I'm just looking out for you, I'm not trying to be offensive.

CLAPSTER
11-16-2007, 06:54 AM
I just put it in my motto ~_~

"oh no!, oh no!, oh no!, *BASH* through the wall "oh yeaaaa!"

hahaha

Scotian Bred
11-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I think bieng an active user and showing your dedication to the site buy having it in your tag and motto and telling everyone you know is enough to get it but time tells all i don't see them throwing these at people i think bieng a loyal, polite fourm user, and slighty productive member will help anyones cause .. but doing so shows more then just wanting an award it shows how much you like the site without saying so and it brings self satisfaction knowing your doing your part and helping everyone who feels like all the active members do, nuttin but sweet love for the #1 Achievements site x360a if your doing your part and bieng an active member someone will eventually notice and you'll get your come uppins soon enough .. but i guess a lil pestering helps the ball rolling sometimes .. i know it does when i want a raise at work ;)

But i have to admit the site awards are just a bonus but they do look cool on the sidebar of the posts you write up .. i can see the excitement of people not having one in getting one .. they are sweet .. it kinda reminds me of unlocking achievements .. you just gotta have em all and wanna know the best (and fastest) way to get them.

Deyankees1
11-18-2007, 11:18 PM
really thats how u get this award, cuz I had it in my sig in xbox.com for a while and I had a link to this site on my 1up.com page. Brought over a couple of 1up members to join this site aswell. never knew that.

x23DrPepper23x
11-25-2007, 07:30 PM
what should I change my gt to cuz x23drprpepper23x360a DOESNT SOUND Rite :p

WeeChrissy360
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
referrals : 1
affilates posted on sites : 3
and i have x360a on my dashboard gamertag

>>EDIT<<
I also made an x360a userbar :p

Jdm
11-26-2007, 08:43 AM
what should I change my gt to cuz x23drprpepper23x360a DOESNT SOUND Rite :p

DrPepper x360a ;)

x23DrPepper23x
11-27-2007, 08:44 PM
ok DrPepper x360a

Vista
11-27-2007, 09:31 PM
referrals : 1
affilates posted on sites : 3
and i have x360a on my dashboard gamertag

>>EDIT<<
I also made an x360a userbar :p

doesnt matter, you need to be here for a while, contribute something to the site (not always money) and you need to play with the higher ups of the site...

zdarko43
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
doesnt matter, you need to be here for a while, contribute something to the site (not always money) and you need to play with the higher ups of the site...

lol
i've contributed~! :)
and well i've played with l3gion and pants before on sr. :)

aside from that i have referred 3 ppl tothe site so far, and x360a is in my motto.

i would put x360a in my sig of other forums, but quite frankly, i don't really use any other forums. not like this one, anyways.

plus, i plan on making a $ contribution once i sell my stuff on ebay and have a few extra bucks in my paypal. my personal merry christmas to x360a.org. (or what ever holiday that the community celebrates. lol)

H20
12-03-2007, 05:37 PM
ive had it in my motto for a few months. ive gotten like 5 of my good friends on xbl to start coming to this site and become members. and i cant wait to change my account name and add x360a b/c it looks badass. i just need to buy some points to do it. i was actually going to change it regardless its nice to know this is how u get the award though. :)

Adam Miller
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
If we can make recommendations then Louishewitt deserves it, iv noticed a few things from him and i just got a message he sent to all his friends list informing them about this site. :)

denty32
12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
how do i get my gamertag o this site plz help

Blind x360a
12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
This isn't the right thread, but you can go to user cp and profile and add your gamertag in there.

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-04-2007, 05:22 AM
ok, it's on my motto on xbl an no award. please check it.

KingGotenW
12-04-2007, 05:43 AM
if u read the previous posts. adding x360a to your gamertag/motto will not gurantee you the award. if it did then everyone and their grandma would have it.

i don't have the award but heres what i heard you should do.

1. add join Xbox360a to motto
2. tell people about the site and tell them that you reffered them
3. get permission to add X360a to your gamertag.
4. Wait about 1 month after following steps 1-3 (while inviting multiple people to the site)
5. Bug the hell out of the admins (i'm just joking)
REAL 5. wait for the award to come, be patient. and maybe after 3-5 months of constantly inviting people, then send a friendly message to one of the nice (not mean) mods asking POLITELY to check your record of referrals.

p.s. if the admins ask where you got a guide for this... i had nothing to do with it!

n1n3t33nd3lta
12-04-2007, 06:00 AM
lol, alright. I didn't read/see anything.

XboxFreak36
12-24-2007, 10:08 AM

Motto on XBL
Referrals
General site promotionEtc, etc, so long as its positive promotion of the site :)

Well i have :

Motto on XBL
I'm working on in my Signatures
I'm Posting on big gaming sites.
And i have the site in my Bio of XBL

VI JimJam
12-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I have 2 referrals, apparently, yet I do not have the 'Word of Mouth' award, is there a specific number of referrals that needs to be achieved to receive this award ?

Jdm
12-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Well i have :

Motto on XBL
I'm working on in my Signatures
I'm Posting on big gaming sites.
And i have the site in my Bio of XBL

I have 2 referrals, apparently, yet I do not have the 'Word of Mouth' award, is there a specific number of referrals that needs to be achieved to receive this award ?

^^^Coming soon guys.;)

There's no certain amount of Referrals needed to receive the Word of Mouth Award.

VI JimJam
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
There's no certain amount of Referrals needed to receive the Word of Mouth Award.

Ok, cheers JDM :D

Spartan EXR
12-26-2007, 12:17 PM
I have this site in my sig on www.bungie.net (http://www.bungie.net) (my profile is Turaga008)

J O 12 D
01-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I've reffered two people I think to the site and its in my motto.
Also its in my bio saying that if people are to use it then refer me ^.^ woot.

Jdm
01-02-2008, 04:07 AM
I've reffered two people I think to the site and its in my motto.
Also its in my bio saying that if people are to use it then refer me ^.^ woot.

^^^Coming soon for ya Shadow.;)

n1n3t33nd3lta
01-02-2008, 04:23 AM
which reminds me, it's also in my Bio and my Motto as well. I've also go it on my MSN messnger, and I've referred 4 people.

Jdm
01-02-2008, 04:42 AM
which reminds me, it's also in my Bio and my Motto as well. I've also go it on my MSN messnger, and I've referred 4 people.

^^^I got you too, Mr. MoM.;)

PM me your MSN and I'll add you.

jackanape
01-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Congrats on all those getting this award and spreading the word for this great site. I think we should all make it a matter of course to point people here via our XBL Bio as it's the one thing a lot of people will see.

Just wondered whether anything was gonna happen with referrals - as it was mentioned in another thread that only Mods could see them - I wouldn't mind knowing who I'd referred. Or at least who had admitted it when they joined ha ha!

Xterm1n8or
01-02-2008, 04:38 PM
I have it in my sig on xbox.com, www.x360a.org (http://www.x360a.org) has been my motto for about the last year and i have just now put a little bit about it in my bio. I know that isn't enough yet so i will edit this when i have done my bit!

Jdm
01-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Congrats on all those getting this award and spreading the word for this great site. I think we should all make it a matter of course to point people here via our XBL Bio as it's the one thing a lot of people will see.

Just wondered whether anything was gonna happen with referrals - as it was mentioned in another thread that only Mods could see them - I wouldn't mind knowing who I'd referred. Or at least who had admitted it when they joined ha ha!

^^^I got it in my Bio ever since the last Dashboard Update.

As for the Referrals, I believe only the Admins. or possibly a Super Mod can view who Referred you.

I have it in my sig on xbox.com, www.x360a.org (http://www.x360a.org) has been my motto for about the last year and i have just now put a little bit about it in my bio. I know that isn't enough yet so i will edit this when i have done my bit!

^^^Jack and X, I got you both.;)

Sanction
01-03-2008, 03:05 AM
If I get a megaphone, walk in the middle of Times Square, and shout "Xbox 360 Achievements.org is the best site for all your Xbox 360 achievement needs!" would I get the award? ;)

...or is that taking the award a little too literally? :p

Scotian Bred
01-03-2008, 03:25 AM
If I get a megaphone, walk in the middle of Times Square, and shout "Xbox 360 Achievements.org is the best site for all your Xbox 360 achievement needs!" would I get the award? ;)

Sounds like something you would see in New York .. a crazy gamer going all out for a site award !

If you got video proof of you doing it .. that might get ya the award .. or at least some self satisfaction that your doing something productive ! LOL
very original idea indeed you get a woot woot from me ! :woop:

Webb
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Hell yeah! But I want to see a clip of you doing it ;)

DFILL450
01-03-2008, 07:07 PM

I would definitely come with you to do that. That would be funny as hell.

I'm thinking about changing my name to DFILL x360a. How would that be? It has a nice ring to it :p Or how about this one: Dr Fill x360a

Oh and wheres my 1000 post award Webb. I'm getting impatient over here. :mad: Just kidding, take your time.

Edit: Thanks Razzle

razzleson
01-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh and wheres my 1000 post award Webb.
razzle-fairy's put in a request for you.

XboxFreak36
01-03-2008, 07:35 PM
lol now ur gonna have to wait ages ^^ if got my Word of Mouth award very quick :) good job here :)

* Clueless *
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
I put x360a.org in my bio on xbox live. Does that constitute spreading the word? Or does someone have to join and put you as their referer?

Adam Miller
01-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok a lot of people are posting stuff they have done and it all counts and after someone sees in time you will be given the award. Any means of spreading the word and there is no set number of referals or time you have to have it in your motto, spread the word and at some point you will get it.:)

KingGotenW
01-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm guessing its one of those achievments that you earn without having to pester mods and other members with your "i recommended xxxx people wheres my award". the longer your a member and if you ACTUALLY tell people about the site you should earn it. but if your referrals passes 100 and you have had the site in your motto for over a year then its time to say something.

But i do have a question... if you have the site in your motto and if people go to the site and join it. They would refer your gamertag and not your site screenname. how does that work exactly?

J O 12 D
01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Goten that cannot be helped...unless you expect the admins to change everyones name now to their correct gamertag then when anyone changes name they will have to work even more to change all those.
It just wouldn't work as the admins would be working round the clock.

XboxFreak36
01-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Guys u just need to wait the Award will come if u earnd it :) And stop asking, u need more then only Moto or signatures...

Motto on XBL
Referrals
btw I heard that u can't just change ur name without asking...

If you got all of this u'll get close the Award...

ever31
01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
i have the motto, carry a sig around on all forums and got my brother signed up (check the hello thread - x360byteme) not that im begging for an award, they dont really bother me but hey if they are on offer

M85A21
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Over here in the U.K there is a gaming site and T.V channel that me and my clan are on and have appeared on the channel itself playing multiple games against other clans for the chance to win money.
Your site is in my sig.
But only cause there is other achievement whores on that site. =]

Jdm
01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm guessing its one of those achievments that you earn without having to pester mods and other members with your "i recommended xxxx people wheres my award". the longer your a member and if you ACTUALLY tell people about the site you should earn it. but if your referrals passes 100 and you have had the site in your motto for over a year then its time to say something.

But i do have a question... if you have the site in your motto and if people go to the site and join it. They would refer your gamertag and not your site screenname. how does that work exactly?

^^^Having the Site name in your Motto is enough to get you the Award. It's even better if you have it in your Live Bio.;)

Goten that cannot be helped...unless you expect the admins to change everyones name now to their correct gamertag then when anyone changes name they will have to work even more to change all those.
It just wouldn't work as the admins would be working round the clock.

^^^The Admins. have already stated that they will no longer change member's Usernames, so switching ALL member's usernames to match their Gamertags will not be happening. A $1.00 Donation may change their minds though.;)

Guys u just need to wait the Award will come if u earnd it :) And stop asking, u need more then only Moto or signatures...

btw I heard that u can't just change ur name without asking...

If you got all of this u'll get close the Award...

^^^Mr. Krazie tries his BEST to hand out the Awards when he can. Us Mods lend a helping hand as well.

Regards to the Username changes, please read above.;)

i have the motto, carry a sig around on all forums and got my brother signed up (check the hello thread - x360byteme) not that im begging for an award, they dont really bother me but hey if they are on offer

^^^I got you Ever and I Welcomed your bro as well.;)

Bax x360a
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
^^^Having the Site name in your Motto is enough to get you the Award. It's even better if you have it in your Live Bio.;)

^^^The Admins. have already stated that they will no longer change member's Usernames, so switching ALL member's usernames to match their Gamertags will not be happening. A $1.00 Donation may change their minds though.;)

^^^Mr. Krazie tries his BEST to hand out the Awards when he can. Us Mods lend a helping hand as well.

Regards to the Username changes, please read above.;)

^^^I got you Ever and I Welcomed your bro as well.;)
JDM, as a fellow staff member could my name be changed from utdalanbaxter06 to my gamertag? :p I did donate :p

KingGotenW
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm NOT asking for the award OR to have my name changed!! i was just asking how people get referrals if their gamertag is referred and not their screenname... THATS ALL

Glyndinn
01-04-2008, 07:13 PM

If that's the case, I have the site in my motto, and will be adding it to my bio as soon as I get my voucher for my new 360. :)

I'm only mentioning this since you seem to be keeping right on top of this JDM. :p

Jdm
01-04-2008, 10:41 PM
JDM, as a fellow staff member could my name be changed from utdalanbaxter06 to my gamertag? :p I did donate :p

PM one of the Admins. and I'm sure they'll do it for ya.;)

I'm NOT asking for the award OR to have my name changed!! i was just asking how people get referrals if their gamertag is referred and not their screenname... THATS ALL

^^^Whoa, calm down buddy.

I was just stating the facts. Nothing was directed towards you in anyway.:) As for the Referrals, I would recommend putting your Username in your Live Bio.;)

If that's the case, I have the site in my motto, and will be adding it to my bio as soon as I get my voucher for my new 360. :)

I'm only mentioning this since you seem to be keeping right on top of this JDM. :p

^^^I want to make sure that ALL of you are rewarded with an Award for promoting the site. Keep it up guys!:)

DFILL450
01-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I've had x360a.org in my bio for quite some time now. I just got someone to join the site too (at least he said he would sign up). I'll add info about the site to my bio as soon as I get on my 360 again.

Xterm1n8or
01-05-2008, 01:28 AM
I've had x360a.org in my bio for quite some time now. I just got someone to join the site too (at least he said he would sign up). I'll add info about the site to my bio as soon as I get on my 360 again.

I can confirm this i've had DFILL on my friends list for a little while and all that time he's had x360a.org in his motto etc.

By the way Jdm thank you very much for allowing me to get the Word of Mouth award, i love this site like everyone else does and i hope to be here for a long while yet!

Jdm
01-05-2008, 02:04 AM

^^^X, below has vouched for you, but that doesn't mean I won't double-check. A Mod has homework to do ya know.:p

You'll get your Award soon, D.;)

I can confirm this i've had DFILL on my friends list for a little while and all that time he's had x360a.org in his motto etc.

By the way Jdm thank you very much for allowing me to get the Word of Mouth award, i love this site like everyone else does and i hope to be here for a long while yet!

^^^No problem at all.:)

Make sure to thank Mr. Krazie too, as he's the one that hands them out.;)

xX MaslaN Xx
01-05-2008, 02:51 AM
lol I gave up on this one :) I tell just about everyone that messages me about a game "just goto x360a.org"

Jdm
01-05-2008, 02:59 AM
lol I gave up on this one :) I tell just about everyone that messages me about a game "just goto x360a.org"

Don't give up yet.;)

If you put the site name in your Motto or in your Bio, then I'm sure you'll receive the Award. The Bio is great because you can pretty much put what ever you want in there.

xX MaslaN Xx
01-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Don't give up yet.;)

If you put the site name in your Motto or in your Bio, then I'm sure you'll receive the Award. The Bio is great because you can pretty much put what ever you want in there.

555 days have past since I joined I think Im done trying ;)

Jdm
01-05-2008, 03:08 AM
555 days have past since I joined I think Im done trying ;)

Do you still have the site in your Motto? I have no problem submitting your name for the Award.;)

xX MaslaN Xx
01-05-2008, 03:09 AM
Do you still have the site in your Motto? I have no problem submitting your name for the Award.;)

lol I think.....

Edit: yea I do I remember IMPORT trying to get me to change it lol

Jdm
01-05-2008, 03:13 AM
lol I think.....

Edit: yea I do I remember IMPORT trying to get me to change it lol

^^^Confirmed.;)

You'll be receiving it soon. Sorry for lagging on it.

xX MaslaN Xx
01-05-2008, 03:14 AM
thanks man

Jdm
01-05-2008, 03:21 AM
thanks man

No problem.

Now don't go listening to IMPORT and changing your Motto now.;)

xX MaslaN Xx
01-05-2008, 03:27 AM
No problem.

Now don't go listening to IMPORT and changing your Motto now.;)

:p I wont lol, but he wants me to replace it with that lame ass SBD thing hes got goin on

Parkerktm
01-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey I dont want to sound rude or anything, but i have had my motto set at x360a.org for about 3 months now, I thought i would have gotten the award by itself and then i found out that i needed to tell you guys.

Could you please submit me, GT: JUST DO IT7

THANKS!

Parkerktm
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
damn that was fast, in under 30 minutes. Thank you

ToyzNTheHood
01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm sticking it in my motto and probs in my Bio.

Bax x360a
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
If anybodies giving out awards today :Angel

Nick G 42390
01-14-2008, 11:12 PM
If anybodies giving out awards today :Angel

Haha, same here. I've had it as my motto for awhile now. Of course, I haven't been on Live in awhile, but it's still there...

I King Pin 0
01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey I have been promoting the x360a motto, (no not in my name), but as your slogan along with my GSL team, ever since GSL 4 :p. When the biographies came out, I added "If you like getting achievements like I do, go to x360a.org for all your gaming needs!"

I have never pestered anyone until now but hey, it could happen! :)

Sanction
01-14-2008, 11:50 PM
When I was at BestBuy the other day I put all the computers to x360a.org. :p

Vista
01-14-2008, 11:54 PM
When I was at BestBuy the other day I put all the computers to x360a.org. :p

Bad ASS! Anyway I am guessing two referrals will do the trick....

Tussell
01-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I hate to be asking for it, but it was said that if you mention it, there's no harm.

I've got it both in my motto and bio.

Edit : Also have it in my COD 4 Tag. :)

Jdm
01-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Spyder 232, utdalanbaxter06, Nick G 42390, I King Pin 0, and Tussell.

^^^All have been Confirmed for the WoM Award.

@Sanction, I cannot view your Profile on Xbox.com. I'll try it over Xbox Live, so I can Confirm you.

Marx0r
01-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Same here, I've had x360a in my motto and bio for some time now...

Jdm
01-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Same here, I've had x360a in my motto and bio for some time now...

^^^You are also Confirmed for the Award, my Subscribing friend.;)

Pez
01-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Oops I didn't know you had to tell the mods about the WoM Award. I just thought that if it was seen by a mod/admin you got the award. :p

Well anyways, I got the clan in my motto and the website in my bio, that enough?

Shinobi273
01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Oops I didn't know you had to tell the mods about the WoM Award. I just thought that if it was seen by a mod/admin you got the award. :p

Well anyways, I got the clan in my motto and the website in my bio, that enough?

Actually, I'm not sure when the policy changed, but it used to be that you didn't ask for this award, you got it when the mods/admin thought you deserved it, somehow.

Pez
01-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah that's what I was trying to say Shinobi. :p

It looks like people are just posting to say they're advertising for the site and they feel worthy for the award.

Then it's upto any mod/admin reading to validate that they are.

Sanction
01-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Jdm, I just changed my gamertag, lol. It's back to Sanction1. :)

Jdm
01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Here's a Quote from Dan himself:

Motto on XBL
Referrals

Pez and Sanction have been Confirmed.

Tussell
01-15-2008, 02:59 AM
What do you mean, we're confirmed? :confused:

Marx0r
01-15-2008, 03:02 AM
It means that jdm has viewed your whatever and decided you are adequately spreading the word of x360a. He'll forward it to a few admins, and then you get a medal. Isn't that nice?

Tussell
01-15-2008, 03:03 AM
It means that jdm has viewed your whatever and decided you are adequately spreading the word or x360a. He'll forward it to a few admins, and then you get a medal. Isn't that nice?
One hell of a guy... <3

Hahaha, alright, just needed it cleared up, didn't know what it meant.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 03:05 AM
What do you mean, we're confirmed? :confused:

It means that jdm has viewed your whatever and decided you are adequately spreading the word or x360a. He'll forward it to a few admins, and then you get a medal. Isn't that nice?

^^^There's your answer Tussell.;)

I do my Homework before submitting any member for the Award.

mjda
01-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Is simply referring enough people to the site enough to get this award?

Marx0r
01-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Is simply referring enough people to the site enough to get this award?

Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister:

Motto on XBL
Referrals

Oh and snafe.... Care to enlighten me?

Referrals are on the list, but I assume you'd have to have a lot to be considered with that as the only thing.

xRogue 5x
01-15-2008, 03:27 AM
I always wondered about this award. I have had it in my motto for a while as well as my bio. I always talk about the site to new people and refer them here when I get a random live question. I have also referred several members two of which i'm sure of.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 03:36 AM
The more Referrals, the better.;) We don't want anyone "cheating" to get this Award, so there is no certain amount of Referrals.

@Tussell, keep Referring people and keep repping the site. I've already Confirmed you for the Award, but this shouldn't stop anyone from "spreading the word".;)

Ingles
01-15-2008, 04:20 AM
I had been wondering about this award myself. I was always under the impression that if a mod/admin noticed you were spreading word positively about x360a, that you'd be awarded this in time.

I have x360a in my Bio, in my sig, in my sig at xbox.com, and I always refer people to the site when playing online in a match or playing through some levels of a game in co-op. I've sent messages to all my friends telling them to check out www.x360a.org for all their achievement needs.

I'm currently working on getting my local game store to pass out fliers (designed myself) with Xbox 360 games and mention it at tournaments that they hold every so often. I spoke with a supervisor and gave him a copy of my flier. He said that it sounded like a cool idea, that he just needed to clear it by the manager first, so we'll see in a day or so.

Being anxious, I went ahead and asked him what he thought that he'll do, say about it, etc... He said that what he'll probably do is go visit the site himself and make sure that its content is related to gaming, achievements, etc... before he started passing it out to customers. I even told him that I'd print up the flyers and make sure they had plenty so that they wouldn't have to put forth the money in printing them. I should hear back from him by then and I'll edit and let you guys know what he thinks of us! :p

So everybody be on your best behavior! ;) Only kidding of course.

I was also wondering... Is there an "Official" flyer for x360a? I just made up a quick flyer (cheap on ink), something that gave a lot of information about the site, the content we offer, and the community we have here but yet still looked appealing.

killlah631
01-15-2008, 04:25 AM
Yeah I realized that awhile ago after I had posted in here asking how many referrals you needed to get the awarded. Then I realized if there was a set amount, say like get 5 referrals and you get the award, then people would probably start making tons of accounts to refer themselves. Hopefully I'll get this away someday! The motto, gamertag, and referrals altogether I'm sure will do the trick, but it probably also is for just giving the site a good reputation as well.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Before I submit anymore Members for the WoM Award, I will ask an Admin. to come in to set things straight. As for myself, I've been checking Member's Profiles to Confirm that everything is in order. So far, all Members that I've submitted for the award have been approved.

D3AD FR3D
01-15-2008, 04:59 AM
This site is great and all, but does it really matter if you get an award on a website that doesn't mean anything anywhere else? At the end of the day awards on this website are like your gamer score; it's just something for nerds to brag about:eek: It has absolutely no real value in life.

highpass
01-15-2008, 05:03 AM
And just like Gamerscore, you can choose to ignore it if you wish ;).

Probably sounds bias coming from a staff member but i'm not bothered about any other site enough to care if the awards migrate there.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 05:09 AM
This site is great and all, but does it really matter if you get an award on a website that doesn't mean anything anywhere else? At the end of the day awards on this website are like your gamer score; it's just something for nerds to brag about:eek: It has absolutely no real value in life.

It's all about Personal Preference.

Gamerscore/Achievements adds enjoyment to Games. Just like how Awards add enjoyment to the Site.

If it's not for you, then that's fine. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences.

D3AD FR3D
01-15-2008, 05:25 AM
It's all about Personal Preference.

Gamerscore/Achievements adds enjoyment to Games. Just like how Awards add enjoyment to the Site.

If it's not for you, then that's fine. Everyone has their own opinions and preferences.

Gamerscore/Achievements add enjoyment to games? How can you say that. Half the time people just boost or set-up the situation with people in order to get the achievement. Why not do it legitly by yourself? But like you said everyone has their own opinions and preferences

Marx0r
01-15-2008, 05:28 AM
How can you say gamerscore doesn't add enjoyment to games? For example, who hasn't played Halo 3 campaign over and over for the metagames and skulls? I know I have. I'm not trying to change your opinion, I just don't understand how you can't see ours.

D3AD FR3D
01-15-2008, 05:34 AM
How can you say gamerscore doesn't add enjoyment to games? For example, who hasn't played Halo 3 campaign over and over for the metagames and skulls? I know I have. I'm not trying to change your opinion, I just don't understand how you can't see ours.

Some achievements can add enjoyment, but I also feel that achievements have ruined video games also. Before people played games for fun now it seems as though the gaming society is leaning towards playing games in order to obtain a higher gamerscore. This isn't true for everyone as some still play games for fun. However many times I have run into people who will see how easy the achievements are to get before they buy the game. Why not buy it because you want to play it instead of getting a game for an increase in gamerscore. Everyone's different and we all have our own opinions/preferences.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
OK, let's ALL cut the bullshit plain and simple.

This thread is for members that are curious on how to receive the Word of Mouth Award. If it's NOT related to that, then please don't post here.

Bax x360a
01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Spyder 232, utdalanbaxter06, Nick G 42390, I King Pin 0, and Tussell.

^^^All have been Confirmed for the WoM Award.

@Sanction, I cannot view your Profile on Xbox.com. I'll try it over Xbox Live, so I can Confirm you.
Thank you sir, when are we teaming up on COD4 by the way? ;)

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM

I personally don't mind being called a nerd, but you should watch how you toss that word around. You're using it in an insulting way and some people don't appreciate that. If you don't care about the award then why bother going out of your way to insult someone? Also, if it wasn't for these "nerds", there wouldn't be this lush site filled with all this content.

Some achievements can add enjoyment, but I also feel that achievements have ruined video games also. Before people played games for fun now it seems as though the gaming society is leaning towards playing games in order to obtain a higher gamerscore. This isn't true for everyone as some still play games for fun. However many times I have run into people who will see how easy the achievements are to get before they buy the game. Why not buy it because you want to play it instead of getting a game for an increase in gamerscore. Everyone's different and we all have our own opinions/preferences.

Achievements are now a standard. Once you've completed them, the accomplishment has been made. Before, people beat games then they feel that they achieved something. Now they have set gamerscores that will tell you went you've really done something. Would you want to buy a game that gives you 1000 in 3 minutes? Heck no. No one would.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Thank you sir, when are we teaming up on COD4 by the way? ;)

^^^What so you can PWN me?:p You know I crap at FPS's. We'll get a game soon. Got to work on tht GSL ya know.;)

@Perp, very well said. It's still about Personal Preference and that's that.

mainman94
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
just wonderin but how many referals do you hav to get to get the award ive told 6 of my friends at school about x360a and still no award but still as long as it helps the comm.;):woop:

ToyzNTheHood
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Stick the site link in your motto or Bio and just be patient.

Jdm
01-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Don't worry guys. I'm doing a bit of "Undercover" work at the moment. I will start Confirming members again for the Award as soon as everything is set.;)

Keep those Referrals coming and don't forget the Mottos and Bios in your Live Profile!

Sanction
01-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Jdm, I'm gonna send a friend request your direction so we can play sometime. :D

If ya don't mind. :p

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Don't worry guys. I'm doing a bit of "Undercover" work at the moment. I will start Confirming members again for the Award as soon as everything is set.;)

Keep those Referrals coming and don't forget the Mottos and Bios in your Live Profile!

Well I need a super word of mouth award. Look at my referrals :D

Sanction
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM

H4Xx0r!

That's insane, do you whore yourself out or something? :p ;)

Jdm
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Jdm, I'm gonna send a friend request your direction so we can play sometime. :D

If ya don't mind. :p

^^^I don't mind at all. I actually Welcome it.:)

^^^I've seen your Monster Referrals before. Maybe Matt can custom you a Super "Megaphone" WoM Award.:p

PerpetualHeaven
01-15-2008, 11:38 PM
H4Xx0r!

That's insane, do you whore yourself out or something? :p ;)

Believe me, if I knew how I got so many I would tell you but apparently I received a ton from being on x360a Apprentice.

D3AD FR3D
01-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Achievements are now a standard. Once you've completed them, the accomplishment has been made. Before, people beat games then they feel that they achieved something. Now they have set gamerscores that will tell you went you've really done something. Would you want to buy a game that gives you 1000 in 3 minutes? Heck no. No one would.[/quote]

That's not entirely true. To say that someone doesn't feel that they acomplished something until they beat the game isn't true. On several games I would feel like I've accomplished something when I reached a certain level. And I don't care how long it takes me to get 1000 in a game. If it took 30 seconds I would be ok with that as long as the game was fun. And if someone gets offended by the word nerd, then get over it. There are far worse things in life for people to get offended by or be worried about.

Marx0r
01-16-2008, 12:41 AM
OK, let's ALL cut the bullshit plain and simple.

This thread is for members that are curious on how to receive the Word of Mouth Award. If it's NOT related to that, then please don't post here.

That's not entirely true. To say that someone doesn't feel that they acomplished something until they beat the game isn't true. On several games I would feel like I've accomplished something when I reached a certain level. And I don't care how long it takes me to get 1000 in a game. If it took 30 seconds I would be ok with that as long as the game was fun. And if someone gets offended by the word nerd, then get over it. There are far worse things in life for people to get offended by or be worried about.

It's over, let it go.

Webb
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM

Motto on XBL
Referrals
General site promotion

That's pretty much the requirements people. No, you probably won't get it just for your motto on XBL. No, you probably won't get it for just your signatures on other sites. No you probably won't get it for changing your tag, one referral, it's more a collaboration of those things. Emphasis on COLLABORATION of those things :)

@ Dead Fred - Not the topic for this discussion so stop the off topic stuff... Now!!

Jdm
01-17-2008, 01:51 AM
^^^There you have it guys.

We will have higher standards from now on. Those that have been Confirmed will still be receiving the Awards, as I have PERSONALLY checked into their Site and Live Profiles.

So keep representing the Site in your Mottos and Bios. Tell more people about us, so you can receive those Referrals. All that counts toward you receiving the WoM Award. We are 50K+ Members strong and as the old saying goes, "The More, the Merrier.";)

saladdressing89
01-17-2008, 02:14 AM
i've had it as my motto for like a week now and i told my friend about the site and i think he joined but i'm not entierly sure.(mufux25 is his gamertag if that helps)

Ingles
01-17-2008, 02:57 AM
^^^There you have it guys.

We will have higher standards from now on. Those that have been Confirmed will still be receiving the Awards, as I have PERSONALLY checked into their Site and Live Profiles.

So keep representing the Site in your Mottos and Bios. Tell more people about us, so you can receive those Referrals. All that counts toward you receiving the WoM Award. We are 50K+ Members strong and as the old saying goes, "The More, the Merrier.";)

Oh ok. That definitely clears things up. Even after having been said, I've gotten over half of those things and I'm still working on the rest. :) Regardless if I ever get the award, I'm still going to be inviting people and "spreading the word" of x360a for as long as this site is here.

Update: Still no word from my local gaming store about the x360a flyers yet, so I'm going to give him a call tomorrow after I get out of my Data Structures class to make sure that I'm making progress with that. I'll take pictures and everything to post also.

killlah631
01-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Ah, I just realized why I have only 1 referral. My friends at school have been putting in my gamertag, or ex-gamertag(bweeezy), and that's why I don't have the 10-20 referrals I should have*sighs in anger*......lol.

Ingles
01-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Ah, I just realized why I have only 1 referral. My friends at school have been putting in my gamertag, or ex-gamertag(bweeezy), and that's why I don't have the 10-20 referrals I should have*sighs in anger*......lol.

Yea, I had two, maybe three referrals on my old account "Sebastian55", but I don't think that there's a way to get them moved over. It doesn't matter. It's not like it was ohh... 400 or anything like that like some have. ;) I'll get those referrals back quick. I have plenty of people to invite.

killlah631
01-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Yeah that's insane, I saw yesterday with 400+ referrals, I want to say it was Perpetual, it was from a post in this thread I need to find it...
edit: it was Perpetual, at 404 referrals :O ... that's insane...by the way JDM sorry about that the other day, you probably know what I'm talking about, if you don't remember you could shoot me a PM...by the way part 2, I'd like a possible look over for a WoMA, since I'm here anyway :), lol.

Jdm
01-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Yeah that's insane, I saw yesterday with 400+ referrals, I want to say it was Perpetual, it was from a post in this thread I need to find it...
edit: it was Perpetual, at 404 referrals :O ... that's insane...by the way JDM sorry about that the other day, you probably know what I'm talking about, if you don't remember you could shoot me a PM...by the way part 2, I'd like a possible look over for a WoMA, since I'm here anyway :), lol.

^^^No need to apologize. It was nothing.;)

Every week or so, I'll do my regular "investigation" and I'll start Submitting Members for the WoM Award.

So keep those Referrals coming and keep Representing the Site!

P.S. Don't worry Killah...I haven't forgotten about you.

INSANEKID13
01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
i got it in my bio on xbox and in a bunch if my sigs for other site forums

Jdm
01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
i got it in my bio on xbox and in a bunch if my sigs for other site forums

I got you Insane.

I will start sorting out member's profile either tonight or tomorrow.

Frizzed
01-31-2008, 03:17 AM
I got you Insane.

That must be a big task, there's loads of members on here.

Jdm
01-31-2008, 03:22 AM
That must be a big task, there's loads of members on here.

I won't actually go through every single member's profile on this site per se. The most Active Members will come first, but you'll never know...;)

benbam87
01-31-2008, 04:17 AM
I have it on my bio and I have told quite a few people about the site and got some referals as well. So I am heading in the right direction, yes?

Jdm
01-31-2008, 04:21 AM
I have it on my bio and I have told quite a few people about the site and got some referals as well. So I am heading in the right direction, yes?

Yes you are headed in the right direction my friend.;)

Keep Repping the Site and an Award you shall receive.

calzord
01-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi i have been puting reports and ref to X360a in all my reviews of games on lovefilm.com i have also had x360a in my motto for well over 2 months. Just spreadin the word.

Jdm
01-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi i have been puting reports and ref to X360a in all my reviews of games on lovefilm.com i have also had x360a in my motto for well over 2 months. Just spreadin the word.

I got you Calzord my friend.

I'll be doing my "homework" very soon.;)

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 02:11 PM
hmm i'll get it in my Bio tonight. www.x360a.org (http://www.x360a.org) works right? Not sure but read somewhere it did, brings up a blocked page in work. If it does i'll put that there tonight :]

Frizzed
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
hmm i'll get it in my Bio tonight. www.x360a.org (http://www.x360a.org) works right? Not sure but read somewhere it did, brings up a blocked page in work. If it does i'll put that there tonight :]

Yep it sure does work. ;)

But having just that in your bio doesn't mean you will get the award, but it does contribute.

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
No it's not for the award. I wasn't aware you can advertise in your bio. Not seen anyone do it.

To be honest as I said not for the award, just for the sake of if it gets more people on here, we get more people contributing, and more people who know different things etc, i'm sure you know the chain lol.
To me for a word of mouth award, it would take a lot more then your Bio having the link, otherwise everyone would do it, get the award then remove it.

calzord
01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I'll be doing my "homework" very soon.;)

mmm sound like fun, just make sure you research the appropriate games.:p

Jdm
01-31-2008, 09:19 PM
No it's not for the award. I wasn't aware you can advertise in your bio. Not seen anyone do it.

To be honest as I said not for the award, just for the sake of if it gets more people on here, we get more people contributing, and more people who know different things etc, i'm sure you know the chain lol.
To me for a word of mouth award, it would take a lot more then your Bio having the link, otherwise everyone would do it, get the award then remove it.

^^^You can rep the site on your Motto and Bio. I have it in both places.;)

I "Bolded" what you said because that's exactly what the WoM Award is about. It's more than just having the site name in your Motto or Bio. It's about Referrals and actually bringing new members to the site.

mmm sound like fun, just make sure you research the appropriate games.:p

^^^Homework is never "Fun".:p

Impulse
01-31-2008, 09:35 PM
I've got the site in my motto? do i get a cookie :(

Bax x360a
01-31-2008, 10:36 PM
I've got the site in my motto? do i get a cookie :(
Probably not. Here you have it from the man himself:

Motto on XBL
Referrals

Darth Heyburt
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM
I mentioned you on my CV (resume for you yanks), haha Hobbies - "Gaming etc... and talking about Gaming on sites like www.x360a.org...."

Also I have a new taggy in celebration of the site... I will be using that one when I am at my mates so I don't have to recover (which takes about 45 mins now).

Impulse
01-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Probably not. Here you have it from the man himself:

I was joking mate, hence why i said cookie :p

dark lord me
02-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Well i have it as my Live sig and also in my sig on a popular halo site gruntsrus where i also got my sig from the I Am genius one

MapleMire
02-01-2008, 02:08 AM
can i get it now, my GT is Mire x360a and my motto has x360a.org on it

Jdm
02-01-2008, 02:16 AM
can i get it now, my GT is Mire x360a and my motto has x360a.org on it

^^^Have you been Approved to change your tag to x360a?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33959

Check out the link above Mire and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

killlah631
02-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Just wondering, how often do you pick people for the award, there has to be some limit because if you put everyone who simply puts it in their tags/mottos there would be thousands and thousands of people with the award.

drno
02-01-2008, 02:32 AM
It seems like the WoM award is simply being handed out right now. Although it is fine to be "Spreading the x360a word" it seems like the award is more about letting a mod (or JDM it seems) know about your motto/bio. The award might mean more if it seemed like the mod had to notice your activity and see actual effects from the advertising (members introducing themselves and thanking Joe Public for showing them the site.)

I feel like I should see an award and go "wow, good job." Not see the WoM and think they simply told JDM to give them it.

MapleMire
02-01-2008, 02:38 AM
^^^Have you been Approved to change your tag to x360a?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33959

Check out the link above Mire and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.oh snap we have to be approved, so we have to play with minty or whoever is tha admin/mod

Vista
02-01-2008, 02:41 AM
oh snap we have to be approved, so we have to play with minty or whoever is tha admin/mod
This is a prime example of why this award is out of hand.^^

Not trying to be rude, but he has less then 200 posts, hasn't been posting here long and didn't know he needed to be approved.... A prime example on this is getting out of hand. There cant be "oh, I referred someone here... gimme a award" or "I changed my name" or "Ichanged my motto" Because these cant be watched over that well. I can change my motto.... takes 1 minute. I can make a fake account and refer my self... takes 5. I can change my name for 10 bucks, and trash talk online. Takes a bit but ruins the site. There needs to be a way to make sure that every member doesn't get this... Its a bit out of hand IMO.

MapleMire
02-01-2008, 02:42 AM

Not trying to be rude, but he has less then 200 posts, hasn't been here long and didn't know he needed to be approved....oh well ill change it when i get microsoft points kk

Jdm
02-01-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm Closing this down for the meanwhile. There's too much confusion going around. I'll sort everything out and then the thread will be re-opened.

Jdm
02-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Just wondering, how often do you pick people for the award, there has to be some limit because if you put everyone who simply puts it in their tags/mottos there would be thousands and thousands of people with the award.

^^^I go through the Site to sort out Member's Profile on here and over Live.

There's a lot to consider. Referrals, repping the x360a in your Motto and Bio, how long you've been a member here, how many posts you have, etc. etc.

For those of you that do rep x360a at other sites, please PM me a link as proof.

It seems like the WoM award is simply being handed out right now. Although it is fine to be "Spreading the x360a word" it seems like the award is more about letting a mod (or JDM it seems) know about your motto/bio. The award might mean more if it seemed like the mod had to notice your activity and see actual effects from the advertising (members introducing themselves and thanking Joe Public for showing them the site.)

I feel like I should see an award and go "wow, good job." Not see the WoM and think they simply told JDM to give them it.

^^^It does seem that way and that's one of the MAIN reasons why I Closed this thread down momentarily. Many members are actually "overdue" and have earned the Award.

This thread is NOT an Award "Hand-out" thread. Just because you post in here, does NOT mean you're automatically given the WoM Award. As I stated above, there are many factors to consider. Please use this thread as a Reference on how to earn the WoM Award, instead of asking for it.

oh snap we have to be approved, so we have to play with minty or whoever is tha admin/mod

^^^Those are the Rules.

Until the Clans are all sorted out, Staff Members will continue to vouch for you guys. Until then, there will be no "Gaming with Staff".

Not trying to be rude, but he has less then 200 posts, hasn't been posting here long and didn't know he needed to be approved.... A prime example on this is getting out of hand. There cant be "oh, I referred someone here... gimme a award" or "I changed my name" or "Ichanged my motto" Because these cant be watched over that well. I can change my motto.... takes 1 minute. I can make a fake account and refer my self... takes 5. I can change my name for 10 bucks, and trash talk online. Takes a bit but ruins the site. There needs to be a way to make sure that every member doesn't get this... Its a bit out of hand IMO.

^^^This post was unnecessary Vista, but let me clear a few things up here.

We can never stop a member from adding x360a to their tag. If for some apparent reason they didn't know the rules beforehand, then I believe that would just be an honest mistake. I would never knock someone for adding x360a to their tag because they didn't know the rules. Unless they were some rude asshole, out to make the site look bad. In this case, I don't see Mire doing that.

Speaking of "getting out of hand", I believe that I've controlled this situation very well. I even brought Webb in here to let you guys know the bottom line of receiving this Award. Not only that, I've been checking member's profiles and doing my "homework".

As I said in the past, follow what Webb has to say and remember that this isn't a "hand-out" Award. Everyone will have to earn it and I'm looking for specific things, which I will not release to the public so don't bother to ask.

oh well ill change it when i get microsoft points kk

^^^Don't change your tag Mire. When the x360a Representers are back up, your name will be amongst the list of people that need to be vouched for.

FYI, the x360a Representers will also have a new set of Guidelines to follow. No announcement will be made until it's official.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any questions at all, please feel free to drop me a PM. Keep Repping x360a! Thanks guys.

Slice0226
02-02-2008, 01:37 AM
...Seems very complicated

I Put x360a.org in my motto not for the Award, But for others on my Friends list who need help

For Example, PieDudeThing asked about an Achievement for COD4, and I told him to go to x360a to see. He Replied with Much Thanks.

Darth Heyburt
02-02-2008, 10:22 AM
My reply about putting you in my CV was in jest, but I seriously did put it there. Also for some reason I was under the illusion that because I am in the clan that, that was a prerequisite for me to use the x360a tag?

INSANEKID13
02-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I got you Insane.

Just to let you know i am trying to get some clearance to put it on my company website (Harley-Davidson) so that would be great exposure but the proper channels are a pain in the ass to go through.

Blake
02-12-2008, 12:42 AM
I've repped the site and all that but how do you let them know. Do you personally contact any of the 3 admins right?

Bax x360a
02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
This will be bought to JDM's attention now you've posted here. You'll need proof though, provide some links to prove you've been repping the site.

Shinobi273
02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
I've repped the site and all that but how do you let them know. Do you personally contact any of the 3 admins right?

No, you wait around for a mod or admin to notice that you are repping the site and then they will give you the award. Please to not ask/request/beg for the award.

Bax x360a
02-12-2008, 12:53 AM
No, you wait around for a mod or admin to notice that you are repping the site and then they will give you the award. Please to not ask/request/beg for the award.
Theres nothing wrong with bringing attention to your hard work...

Netnabi4
02-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Theres nothing wrong with bringing attention to your hard work...

While this is true, it has been mentioned by both mods and admins we really shouldn't be asking for the awards. I for example have 3 referrals only one of which I know who it was, and I changed my tag recently to x360a. I do spread the word to as many people I can online and in real life too. I haven't asked for the award though because I know its frowned upon and It's always more rewarding when the staff member see's it for himself and notices hey this member deserves credit for all they've done.

Blake
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
But they don't know, i will never get the credit like this.

I referred 4 people and they all joined with my name on referral.

I got it on my XBL Motto!
http://live.xbox.com/member/DualBlake
That should take you there.

Go to this page of IGN forums
http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?t...tart=158754444 (http://boards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=158738989&brd=8271&start=158754444)
If you go down you should see my account 1cnpwgjm and on my signature the detail :D

This
http://forums.xbox.com/18417041/ShowPost.aspx#18417041
Dualblake at the bottom on my sig.

Right, also how do they find out if you don't tell them think about it. There are so many members they don't go through every single one do they?

Bax x360a
02-12-2008, 01:48 PM
You both makes fair points - Yeah its good if they recognise it themselves, but with 50,000+ members, they've got far more important things to do than try and look for people who've been advertising the site.

Blake
02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey i got it, Krazie read my post here and said it's hard to check 50,000 people so he saw my point.

Perfectionist66
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Ive had my name Carter X360a for a while now and no reward.

I could honestly care less, but it would be nice ;)

vulkean
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I was just wondering what else is needed for the 'Word of Mouth' award?

The URL is in my bio on xbox live:
(http://live.xbox.com/member/vulkean).

It is in my signiture at the xbox.com forums:
(http://forums.xbox.com/18569291/ShowPost.aspx#18569291 - scroll down to see).

And I have referred 4 or 5 people (I think).

Is there anything else I need?
Thanks.

sas
02-18-2008, 03:39 PM
i have referred one ppl 2 the site :drunk

SneakyEllis
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
ya i have x360a in my motto, and its been there for a while. and i have a thing telling people to come to the site and check it out on my bio

Steelhead
02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I have the site address in my bio, and should have at least a few referrals.

SmallCheezFry
02-18-2008, 05:25 PM

Obviously you do care to some degree otherwise you wouldn't have posted.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post or not but it just gets on my nerves when I log on and look to this thread for unread posts and they are all the same.

People obviously do not get it. You'll get it in due time. PLEASE don't ask for it, it only gets annoying.

TUK Sniper
02-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Sig at XBL Forums and soon to be in my motto.

Sanction
02-19-2008, 04:56 PM

You know you have to be approved before putting that in your name, right? If you are then awesome, but if not you should probably tell a mod or admin that it's in your name. :p

Jdm
02-20-2008, 03:21 AM
Once again, this will be Locked down.

Use this thread as a Reference, Guide, a Tool, what ever you want to call it.

No more asking for the Award.

Jdm
02-25-2008, 09:57 AM
*Bump*

I will re-open this thread up, but seriously guys...please no more asking for the Award this time around. I'll be here to check on your Profiles, etc., so keep repping the site.:)

Again, if you guys can provide links to other sites where you rep x360a, that would be most helpful. Everyone should also have their "Mini-Gamercard" under their Forum names. If you don't already have it, go to your UserCP on the upper Left corner and from there click Edit Profile. You'll have to enter in your Gamertag on the bottom. This will also make my job easier.;)

So to re-cap, let's get those Referrals going, rep x360a in your Xbox Live Mottos and Bios, and rep them on other Sites!

If there are any questions, feel free to drop me a PM. Thanks everyone!

sam49
02-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah I just repped this site on Gamespot a very big site!

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26256528

Slice0226
02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
I have it in my profile since summer '07 & its in my xbox.com forum sig.

My Friend piedudething used x360a guides to complete Cod4 intel achievements cause he asked me, & i told him to look at motto, & thanked my later

StalkingGrunt911
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
I've had in my XBL GT motto for a while, I've referred quite a few people (one who didn't know people even had gamerscores over 100,000 lol), and I've had the site as my main site for a few sites.

If I don't get the award for that I'm fine with it I don't plan on nagging like others. :X ;P

killerharu45
02-26-2008, 03:26 AM
You guys shouldn't worry about getting awards. It should just be about helping people that have questions about games and want to get involved in a great community. I have no awards and have been a member for 2 years. I don't mind at all

SouP x360a
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
soup x360a

Milanche
03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
gt: milanche

b3nnyth3gr33k
03-06-2008, 04:23 PM
i sighned up last night although i have been using the site for months:woop:

100%- cabelas african safari , uno

working on - oblivion(no shivering isles) 900
- viva pinata 960
- halo 3 910

:Bounce:

Jdm
03-06-2008, 11:28 PM
soup x360a
gt: milanche
i sighned up last night although i have been using the site for months:woop:

100%- cabelas african safari , uno

working on - oblivion(no shivering isles) 900
- viva pinata 960
- halo 3 910

:Bounce:

^^^Not to be rude or anything...but what do you guys want?:confused:

MajinFro
03-06-2008, 11:46 PM
*Bump*

I will re-open this thread up, but seriously guys...please no more asking for the Award this time around. I'll be here to check on your Profiles, etc., so keep repping the site.:)

Again, if you guys can provide links to other sites where you rep x360a, that would be most helpful. Everyone should also have their "Mini-Gamercard" under their Forum names. If you don't already have it, go to your UserCP on the upper Left corner and from there click Edit Profile. You'll have to enter in your Gamertag on the bottom. This will also make my job easier.;)

So to re-cap, let's get those Referrals going, rep x360a in your Xbox Live Mottos and Bios, and rep them on other Sites!

I think they are asking for the award without asking for it. You kind of left me a little confused on why this thread was even reopened :p

Korix
03-07-2008, 01:23 AM
How about this: Mods/Admins, post examples of those who have received it with reasons why. Not all, and not as a prerequisite list, but just to show independent thinking on the part of the award winner.

Jdm
03-07-2008, 02:11 AM
I think they are asking for the award without asking for it. You kind of left me a little confused on why this thread was even reopened :p

^^^Well Mr. MoM, I actually reopened this thread because of what Krazie did for Blake (read the page before this one).;)

How about this: Mods/Admins, post examples of those who have received it with reasons why. Not all, and not as a prerequisite list, but just to show independent thinking on the part of the award winner.

^^^This could be looked into.

Again, one good example would be Blake.

MajinFro
03-07-2008, 02:28 AM
^^^Well Mr. MoM, I actually reopened this thread because of what Krazie did for Blake (read the page before this one).;)

^^^This could be looked into.

Again, one good example would be Blake.

Bah, I skipped pages 2-5 because I figured it would be a beg fest.

porschephiliac
03-07-2008, 02:45 AM
How many referrals would it take to get the award?

KINGxSAINT
03-07-2008, 02:59 AM
There really is no set amount, just keep up the work ;)
(Stole this motivational saying from JDM and do not plan on crediting him even though I just did) :p

Jdm
03-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Bah, I skipped pages 2-5 because I figured it would be a beg fest.

^^^Bad MoM!:p

There really is no set amount, just keep up the work ;)
(Stole this motivational saying from JDM and do not plan on crediting him even though I just did) :p

^^^Correct and I deserve ALL the credit!;)

Milanche
03-07-2008, 10:57 PM

Just posting my gamertag, so people could add me :D.

I wanted the award :(.

J O 12 D
03-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Just posting my gamertag, so people could add me :D.

I wanted the award :(.

Well, don't ask for it, tell JDM that you have the site as your motto/bio and he'll check you out to see if you qualify for the award. :)

Milanche
03-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I have x360a.org website in my motto for around 2 months, and I also introduced few people to the website. I would like to know if I do quailify for this award :), don't really care about it but it would be nice. :)

Sanction
03-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Would people please stop saying "I don't care, but I'd like the award". Obviously, YOU DO CARE otherwise you wouldn't be posting here. To be noticed to get the award it would be wise to post around the site before asking for it. That way the admins and mods see who you are and their first impressions of you aren't just that you're a random nobody who wants an award.

Sorry. :p

Milanche
03-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't get the wrong impression, I tried if I do quilify I will get it if not I'll get it in few months ;). I'm saying I don't really care because I'm not obsest with the awards, I'd like to have more, but I don't so...

Sorry for posting...

o7-Jordan-o8
03-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Just so u know:
-Ive had this "xbox360achievements.org join it now " in my bio for about 6-7 weeks :)
-And ive had a few referrals (3 or 4)
-And I love this site to pieces :D

Rockyallstar
03-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I've advertised on xbox.com no reward for me.

trunk187
03-09-2008, 02:56 AM
i have had check out xbox360achievements.org in my motto for over a year and i have had 2 people that said that i referred them hear and i never got the awared

Hayden
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
*Bump*

Like JDM says if you rep x360a on other sites provide links and DON'T ask for the award when it is your time you will get the award.

JDM is like big brother he is always watching :eek:

Falcongale
03-11-2008, 12:08 PM
I kinda need mine checked... it's been 1-2months...

fugitivetoby31
03-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Like JDM says if you rep x360a on other sites provide links and DON'T ask for the award when it is your time you will get the award.

So true.

I'd just add to that. You have spread news of this site if someone else tells us what someone has done. Theres not much point telling those that are already here what you are doing. If your messages/sigs/slogans/mottos etc get noticed then of course people will come here and tell us how they were introduced.

Dont forget you can actually tell people about the site if they see you are a member here, so it does'nt just have to be a passive in direct message.

Jdm
03-11-2008, 11:59 PM

^^^Don't you mean like a "Stalker"?:p

I'll be doing my Homework soon enough guys. Sorry, but I'm running a bit late this time around.

CORPSE CRISIS
03-12-2008, 12:02 AM
hmmm ive had x360a on my motto for at least 1 month so maybe i too can get this cool award under my name

xGodDogx
03-12-2008, 05:20 PM
why dont i have it.. I have had plenty of thing for x360a, my motto my bio a while back had some good stuff about the site. I reffered 2 people?

Jdm
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
why dont i have it.. I have had plenty of thing for x360a, my motto my bio a while back had some good stuff about the site. I reffered 2 people?

^^^Keep at it and get those Referrals in and the Award will soon be coming.;)

Like I said, I'm running a bit late this time around because of things I have going on in my Personal Life. I'll do my Homework and the next batch of WoM Awards will be presented.