PDA

View Full Version : 150,000 in 1 year - Can it be done?

The End x360a
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi all, this is a new profile I have created to see if it is possible to hit 150,000 GamerScore within 12 months.

This is my first profile focused entirely on achievements, so I thought it would be a good idea to sign up to this site and introduce myself. I am hoping to become a regular part of this excellent community.

If you are interested in what I am doing at all, then check out my blog - there's a link in my signature. If not, then that's fine, I imagine most people couldn't care less anyway :)

Anyway, wish me luck and feel free to add me on XBL if you wish. It's good to be a part of such a great site.

luuwat
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
very interesting will follow it for a while ;)

if you can earn approx 12500gamerscore in a month and look for very easy games for 1000g and almost most of xbox live arcade games for 200g each, it can possibly be done, as long as you dont get sidetracked and start playing your favouritate games with friends etc.

good luck to you on your challenge :drunk

Nozza XBA
02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Is it possible....

I'm guess it could be but its a very hard task. I guessing you dont have anything to tie you down? If so then I doubt it unless your extremely good at games and put in major hours..

But look it at it this way - Stallion83 who has the highest GamerScore in the world manages to do 100k a year. Thats from the best achievement gamer about! He boosts to the end of the earth and plays the worst games about.. So I hope that puts it into perspective for you?!

Good luck though!

stophj
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
It is easily possible on a fresh tag. I got 117,000 in 2009 and that was without starting at 0 points. and since I know it will come up... Yes, I still have a social life and pay my own bills.

R Rated Love
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm sure it's possible, though I don't understand why one would want to. I wish people on this board focused more on quality and less on quantity. Should try and do something that sets you apart from all the others, rather than 1k'ing the same easy games as everyone else on here.

MattDB87
02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Its possible but very difficult. Ive gotten about 140,000 in 14 months.

Capn Doug
02-02-2010, 09:00 PM
It is definitely possible with enough time and money, as are most things.

Smashing Impacts
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm sure it's possible, though I don't understand why one would want to. I wish people on this board focused more on quality and less on quantity. Should try and do something that sets you apart from all the others, rather than 1k'ing the same easy games as everyone else on here.
People like different things, it's what makes the world an interesting place.

I think it can be done with a lot of dedication and spare time.

KWEY516
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
ok first off GREAT!! gamertag anything metal gear solid related is awesome lol

Let me help you out.

college hoops 2k6
nba 2k6
madden 06
nba live o6
hannah montana

thats a good start lol

Curtieson
02-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow, do NOT start with Prince of Pursia...that is a 20 hr game!!! (I think that was about how long...) That would be like picking up Forza 2...(although, that is a good game if you are working around the house...set the computer to race for you and check back every 5-10 mins)

I added you...I will keep an eye on this...it can be done of course...but hope you have a WAD of cash and a good plan at GameFly (do they have Gamefly/something similar in England?)

dakisbac
02-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Prince of Persia is about 7 hours for the 1000, I don't know where you got 20 hours.

For an even point-per-day spread you should be earning 275 points a day, so if you're starting today you're good. If you meant to start at the beginning of the year (Jan 1) then you're already 8800 points behind schedule. Good luck either way.

Minty
02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Should be very do-able. I got 48k in 2 months in the GSL, and I'd already played some of the easy games like Lost, CSI, Maddens and NBAs.

Good luck :)

Steve50013
02-02-2010, 10:52 PM
There was another member that when I joined did 100k in a year easily.

mickspawn
02-02-2010, 10:55 PM
very easily doable, lots of quick 1000's out there

NightUlf
02-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Hello and welcome.
Wow what a challenge you have set yourself, best of luck with that.

jackanape
02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Considering you will need to score about 3000 points a week I think it is a tough ask. Sure you can get a bunch of easy games out of the way first - which will give you a good head start - but it is that last 50k that will be the killer once the easy games dry up.

Your strategy (to make your life easy) should be to play at least 4-5 hours a day and don't focus on 100% completion on every game unless they are fairly easy. The majority of games give up to 800 points without much of a struggle and then have a few achievements that practically double the amount of time required. So I'd skip those if I were you.

Good luck.

Arenazombie
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
nice task

think u will need a good amount of games & money as well as multiple boosting partners.
Also you need skill and a good knowledge of everything thats available like knowing u can get a much quicker and easier 900GS out of Left4Dead2 than Lego Batman or just jumping into peoples games in Fable2 when they nearly completioned an achievement.
I think its also good when u already downloaded a heckload of DLC with ur other profile since I think DLC is in most cases more GS per hour than the main game (at least after the the easy achieves that come in the beginning of a game anyway).

next years task: 100% completion on that account lol

JB x360a
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Maybe because it is an achievement website????? Showing in most cases the easiest and fastest way to gain achievements.

BTW all the best and good luck.

KFZ Scrubs
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
There was another member that when I joined did 100k in a year easily.
Yup, i believe it was crusty(i forgot the rest of his GT) but i think it was crusty dirt demon who got about 100k in less than 9 months or around that time frame... i believe he's knocking on 300k's door right about now.

Shadar Kai
02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
This is going to be tough i gotta say. Your looking at 3000 gamerscore a week!
Do you have Games for Windows Live? Fallout 3 is an almost instant 1550 there.

Just had a quick look at the games under 5 hours, theres about 30 there, so the first 30,000 shouldn't take too long.

KILLING5PR33
02-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi all, this is a new profile I have created to see if it is possible to hit 150,000 GamerScore within 12 months.

This is my first profile focused entirely on achievements, so I thought it would be a good idea to sign up to this site and introduce myself. I am hoping to become a regular part of this excellent community.

If you are interested in what I am doing at all, then check out my blog - there's a link in my signature. If not, then that's fine, I imagine most people couldn't care less anyway :)

Anyway, wish me luck and feel free to add me on XBL if you wish. It's good to be a part of such a great site. i think it is possible especially if you dont go to school "college " i know i got to 101k in 11 months but a good 2 months i was relaxing. there is alot of easy game out there. as long as your able to spend money on games and have gamefly you can do it. the hardest part is wanting to do another game after finishing one that took 30+ hrs. but also the key is trying to complete the game

M85A21
02-03-2010, 02:00 PM
2 years ago no.
Now it's very easy.
Look at all the dumb movie games and stuff.
If you keep at it then yeah. You can stomp it.

KILLING5PR33
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
There was another member that when I joined did 100k in a year easily. doing 100k in a year is not easy, ived done it before but it still takes off alot of time you can spend with your family/friends and loveones.There are day's that you hate gamerscore and days you just get lazy to do it. it sounds easy but it's really not. i give props to those guys that keep getting 200k,300k etc. alot of guts to keep going for gamerscore.

Curtieson
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
OK, so I actually read your blog.

Wow...you will not complete your goal AT ALL! An average/normal guy would play 1-2 hrs a day...that includes not playing 3 days a week...and averages out on a lazy Saturday when you play for 5-6.

So, we will say a normal guy plays 10 hrs a week. That is about 1 game. You need to be beating 1 game EVERY OTHER DAY!!! (150k is 410 pts a day...not 275, so Dakisbac we were both wrong, haha)

No...a normal guy will never get to 150k, ESPECIALLY if you limit yourself to one year...a normal guy doesn't have the time to spend/waste solely achievement hunting...you will have to ditch the idea of "not boosting" and will HAVE to get a crew together to help you boost some games!

kentarulez
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
It's possible, very difficult, but to make it easier you're going to want some boosting partners. You can add me if you like and I'll help you out. Good luck.

RuYi
02-03-2010, 10:52 PM
If you can make it, that's up to you. You'll have to sacrifice a lot of your time for this, and even if you feel like you're fed up with it, you'll have to continue to make it.

Either way, best of luck to you. :)

Fueled By RC
02-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Good luck bud. It'll be a steep challenge that if you are dedicated enough, you will achieve.

I wish I had to time to be able to go to work, game, sleep and repeat.

Kamakazi Pear
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I personally want to welcome you to the site, and wish you the best of luck. Feel free to add me, I will happily boost any games with you, and I would like to keep track of your progress. :)

Make sure you enjoy yourself, and keep near this site at all times, it's a real life saver.

Although, to be realistic, if you are going to live a normal life whilst going for this, don't have much money or a large games collection, chances are you aren't going to make this.

Take care buddy, I hope you reach your goal.

Yofune Nushi
02-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Best of luck. I admire the challenge.

DOOKH8R
02-05-2010, 07:17 AM
You will need dependable partners and allies to boost. Plus a budget for the number o0f games you will need. Of course red bull and skittles get super pricey after a while.

If its something you wan t o do it, Im with you, Best of Luck

Reys813fan
02-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I followed the blog, seems like an interesting idea. I highly recommend getting a rental service, unless you already have a 150 games aside.

VisionsOfDemise
02-05-2010, 10:20 AM
3 days without any achievement gain. This is going to be an EPIC FAIL.

Dillagence
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
3 days without any achievement gain. This is going to be an EPIC FAIL.

At this point your setting yourself up for a definite failure, if you really wanted to achieve this ridiculous goal then you will need to ditch absolutely everything and make achieving gamerscore your full time job. I wish you luck anyway and welcome to the site.