PDA

View Full Version : Argos pre order delayed :(

Missis Beki
02-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I got a call this morning saying that they are having problems getting it in the warehouse and its going to be delayed till the 28th!

Its not actually for me its my valentines present to my bloke but hes gutted n so am i cos i dont have enough money in the bank now to preorder from amazon seen as argos have already taken the effin money :uzi:

guthwulf_de
02-03-2010, 01:32 PM
If you cancel the preorder don't they have to give you the money back?

Missis Beki
02-03-2010, 01:35 PM
yeah but it will take a few days to come back into my bank which sucks im never pre ordering with argos again!

guthwulf_de
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Still better than waiting until the end of the month... I can understand that you're upset by this, though. Especially if it's meant to be a present.

Teh BeZ
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Dude, that suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssss :(

not to rub it in BUT i was this close | | to pre-ordering it from argos after someone started a thread about them doing it for 30 with garanteed 9th delivery.

Sorry to hear that they fucked you over.

VladimirK
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I would tell them to f-off if I was you.
It's not even just a few days, which is kind of understandable, that's over 2/3 of a month.

I have heard that they are absolutely terrible for preorders though, like I remember some folk before saying they preordered a game that was cheap, say 25, then Argos just cancelled their preorder.

You also say about money going back to your account?
I never trust places if they want to take the money before they despatch the preorder.
But you could still cancel and preorder somewhere else. Most other, decent, places don't charge you until it's released, and there's just under a week until release date, so it should work itself out.

And just a heads up if you do that, Zavvi has the Rapture edition for 30.
(They are not bad for orders, slipped a bit recently though).

Missis Beki
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I would tell them to f-off if I was you.
It's not even just a few days, which is kind of understandable, that's over 2/3 of a month.

I have heard that they are absolutely terrible for preorders though, like I remember some folk before saying they preordered a game that was cheap, say 25, then Argos just cancelled their preorder.

You also say about money going back to your account?
I never trust places if they want to take the money before they despatch the preorder.
But you could still cancel and preorder somewhere else. Most other, decent, places don't charge you until it's released, and there's just under a week until release date, so it should work itself out.

And just a heads up if you do that, Zavvi has the Rapture edition for 30.
(They are not bad for orders, slipped a bit recently though).

I was pretty miffed off to start because they didnt actually warn me that my card would be charged when i placed my order i just assumed that they would take it when the order was disptached like play or whoever do. I was lucky I had just enough money in my bank to pay for it!

Im consoling my other half with the fact that our baby is coming anytime soon so he wont have time to play it anyway...kinda not working though lol

Il have a look on zavvi now :)
thanks

*edit*
Rang argos it will take five working days for the money to go back to my card not including today so that will be wednesday next week!! Useless twats.
pre-ordered the rapture edition just hope they dont take payment until its back from argos otherwise that will be me having nice bank charges!

*edit 2*
FFS zavvi sent an email saying that the game has been dispatched already so the money has now been requested from my bank which means im now skint and owe bank charges ARGH!