PDA

View Full Version : Let's MAKE this 1k Possible DDR Fans!

IceKingz
02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
For a while now I've been trying to do some research on the so called 'glitched challenge' on DDRU3 that prevents people from getting 150GS. The bad part is that I haven't actually even SEEN what challenge this is. Many people lack the initiative to actually find out more about this glitch. For all we know, it could be hard and could take an incredible amount of luck. Just because a minority say it's glitched, many fans are accepting that thought but I don't want to give up hope yet.

First things first, this topic is an infomative topic. That means if you know ANYTHING about this challenge, state it here.

I've talked to my friend Vesper about this challenge and he said he thought it was completely glitched for sure. The challenge supposedly requires you to get all Goods and because of the Marvelous timing window, it's screws up with the game's timing window making it impossible.

Now I was very reluctant to swallow this news because I didn't want to give up hope. Just recently I went to Konami and posted a help topic and I received help fast. After a short chat with an assistant she told me that the challenge has indeed been completed and she said the team has never encountered a glitch.

With the stuff said before that comment I'm thinking she's telling the truth and not just BS'ing otherwise she wouldn't have gone through the effort to help out so much on the topic. Now I haven't even truly found out which challenge is glitched. I summed through some challenges and found a rematch in Club A something. The song started with Steam and it was on Expert. You need to hit repeating left and right arrows with all goods. Is this truly the challenge? I need a bit more feedback and if you know anything about this challenge that's causing it to be glitched, go to Konami.com and go to their support section and get a 'ticket'.

dakisbac
02-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm certain she's wrong man. I don't know about the challenge you're talking about, but there's this one challenge that requires all Marvelous and my turbo controller fails on the same note every time. That looks like a glitch to me.

IceKingz
02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Ah so it's a completely different challenge? Good to know but do you know the name of the club? I wanna try it for myself and reply back to her asap if that's the case. Or if you don't remember do you know anything else like who the club owner looked like or something like that?

Edit: Is it Absolute? Club Tuscana with Milan? 6 notes that you need all Marvelous? If so I almost beat it.

Edit 2: Was that correct because I just beat the challenge 0_o

IceKingz
02-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Hm, yes IF there's a glitched challenge then it's the all goods one. If anyone wants more info its:

-Club Ara
James
Streamline
Expert
Start 20 End 21
Step on all arrows with GOOD timing.

I beat EVERY challenge where you must get all marvelous today and this is the only 'step with all' challenges I have left. Personally I do NOT think this is glitched but it definitely is extremely hard. I'm really bummed because I can't think of a way to cheat the system. You just have to have a mix of talent and an extreme amount of luck. Anyone else want to give this challenge a try?

Also if your trying the marvelous challenges, for some reason in DDRU3, turbos SUCK. You'll probably want to use a controller for them like normal.

Edit: I just gave my most sincere message back to Konami asking for them to make a patch for this challenge because even if it isn't glitched, it's way to hard for even the pro DDR human. They tried to say earlier that people have receieved this achievement and I told them that they were gamesavers who haven't actually gotten the achievement legit. If you guys can, please go to konami.com. From there go to the support section and make an account and get a ticket and send them a message asking for help. The more people ask at once the more attention it will bring to the challenge!!

dakisbac
02-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Just checked, and I *think* I was referring to was Taurus St. 3 challenge- I didn't know there were multiple challenges that require all Marvelous. I don't know what all that other information is.

IceKingz
02-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Oh ya that one sucked. I finished that one today but that one's also a street challenge which HAVE been done legit. That one is possible but very annoying. My tip is try to be a tad early. I would tap my toe on the beat on time (4 years of band class really perfects that skill) and I was still getting perfects. If you hit them just a smidge and I mean SMIDGE earlier you should get it. I will say though that all of the marvelous challenges are possible since I completed them by controller. I'm pretty sure this good's challenge is the issue preventing 1k's.

Milk Chan
06-24-2010, 10:02 AM
DDR is notorious for timing window issues. Not only did they have a 12th note value issue on versions before DDR X, there was a newer issue discovered. On the song Fascination ~eternal love mix~ on Challenge, there is a section where it spams the same direction arrows with jumps as quarter notes at 400 BPM, and if you aim for Perfects, the timing window overlaps and causes Goods or Almosts (personally I can't remember which, but I think its the former). The way to get around it is to hit slightly later, but the downside to that is it can obviously cause you to get a Great.

Now from what I hear the "impossible mission" is to hit a 16th measure stream with all Goods. I don't think its impossible but just really REALLY hard, especially considering that the Good window is already fairly tight to begin with. So if unlike the Spin the disc mission from Uni 2, the timing windows really are fucked on this, if you're failing the mission on a certain note each time, try hitting the note before it slightly later or slightly earlier and see if it helps at all.

Sorry if this seems a bit incoherent but im exhausted right now and if it seems confusing i'll try and explain better soon.

IceKingz
06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Hm, well I definitely see what you mean with your explanation. The only problem is I don't have the patience to keep trying the mission especially after the possibility at least of it being impossible. What I was thinking is copying the BPM and notes (1/4, 1/8, etc) and programming it into a controller so at the push of a button it automatically goes L/R/L/R, etc just as the actual section of the song. The thing though is that it isn't going to be programmed to hit the notes on cue but rather when I decide to press the button. Therefore with trial and error I can hit it with a good timing and the rest should come with it.

This idea sound plausible? Granted it wouldn't be easy.

IceKingz
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Alright I sent an email to a different Konami support center and asked them the same problem.

I also found a forum post from DDROnlineCommunity and he explains the glitch very well:
If you play past the first two notes, even though your timing is perfect enough to get goods, as soon as you play the 3rd and 4th notes, the window will give you perfects and occasionally marvelous for the first two notes, and you won't even hit the 3rd and 4th.

In other words, a bad judgement can be overridden if you hit the arrow at a better timing before it passes the hit bar. If I hit a note at 5 ms early and stop, I'll get a good but if I hit a note 5ms early then on time, I won't get the good. It'll turn into a perfect.

Also, if I try to play on the later side of the window and get goods, I can't. If I play a little later than the first note, I'll get a great but if I play a bit later than that, I'll get a boo for the first step and a great or perfect for the next. The notes aren't spaced out enough to get all goods. It'd rather give you greats and perfects, and sometimes marvelous for earlier or later steps.
---------

So here you can see that because it's getting all goods, the challenge is in fact impossible. The timing is just way to strict. If it were to get all Marvelous or possibly even all Perfects, this challenge really would be worth the 2/5 star rating that they gave it. :p

Milk Chan
07-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Don't bother with Konami reps. ESPECIALLY KoA reps. They don't know shit about the game and its especially evident in how they ran their DDR Nationals last year. They're going to say yes its possible because they want you to keep playing, plus Konami will never admit when there's a problem and instead use cute words to beat around the issue at hand.

Your best answer is what the guy at the DDROC gave you. I had a feeling that it could be impossible since the Good window is really tight anyways.

Shadow Kisuragi
07-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support.

This challenge is entirely possible to pass, however it is difficult. We suggest you first use a hand controller as it will make it easier. Also you may wish to either turn off the music or adjust the timing on the game's options so it is just a little bit off so it can help you get that timing window you are looking for.

Regards,
Konami Customer Support
Hours of Operation M-F 9:00 to 5:00 pm PST

...time for ticket #2, which references ticket #1. Tickets will continue until I get actual proof that this can be passed. If they're willing to prove that other challenges can be passed (as seen on a post on DDRCommunity), they're going to prove that this can be passed as well.

Yamishi
09-25-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm actually really hopeful about this. I picked up DDRU 2 and 3 today, and I'd be bummed if I couldn't get all of the achievements. Any progress, anyone?

LackAttack24
12-22-2010, 08:40 AM
We should ask them for a video that actually shows someone completing this challenge. Thanks for the work you are putting towards getting this achievement!

IceKingz
12-23-2010, 03:55 AM
We should ask them for a video that actually shows someone completing this challenge. Thanks for the work you are putting towards getting this achievement!

If you want, I would highly recommend creating a ticket and asking =P As hopeful as I am for a fix I must say I've lost a lot of motivation of trying to get Konami's attention to this game. As time goes on it only gets harder because they will gradually use the excuse of 'the game's too old to be fixed'.

The only reason why I'm hopeful is because this is an in-game glitch, NOT an achievement glitch. By the use of some sort of programmable controller I'm thinking it's possible to tell the game to get all goods. Now the only problem with that is the legitimacy. Things like turbo controllers aren't bannable but I don't really know the status of programmable controllers plus I'm not savvy enough to do it myself.

JonathanXS
06-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't own U3 yet but I plan on it, knowing this rather upsets me - and should I find this challenge, I will file tickets

an armada of support tickets from which there will be no escape

Shadow Kisuragi
07-19-2011, 03:24 AM
It's been a while since I've followed up on this, but this achievement is technically possible to achieve. I've shown IceKingz video proof that you can get 3 Good ratings in a row by hand, but I wasn't able to do it for all of the steps. If you had a programmable controller, or insane luck, it should be possible to complete. I've got creation of a programmable controller capable of 1ms response times on my list of TODOs, but I just don't have the time right now to get it done.