PDA

View Full Version : "Easy" way for 500 Chain Breaks?

rowain
02-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Not sure if anyone has tried this, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It will take awhile and it's pretty boring, but you can grind out easy chain breaks this way. I'm not sure if I would bother getting all 500 this way - I had over 100 when I got to this point anyway.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (Post Dunan Hill Battle / Pre Ruhalt Battle)

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Once you get the mission to retake Highwind Isle (big spoiler eh?????), your party will be split. To retake the beaches, you have Zephie, Crocell and Argo. One of the quests you can do here, if you visited the Abazet survivor in Abazet Port before hand anyway (not sure if you get this quest otherwise, you probably do though) is to destroy the four Death Ballista on the beach. These are great to grind Chain Breaks off of, because they require you to use Argo and use the field action "Punch" to destroy their barrier generators - otherwise they only take 1 damage from any attack. If you simply kill all the enemies around them but leave the generators intact, you have an enemy that can't hit you, stands still, and has virtually unlimited health.

Now, grinding 500 chain breaks off this will take awhile and probably bore you to death, so you might want to just use this to get to say 300, and pick up the other 200 by playing the rest of the story. Or don't do it at all since it's boring as hell. I suggest watching music or playing a movie on your PC if it's near your TV.

Apologies if this has been posted, it's a pretty obvious tactic.

BLOOD IXI MONEY
02-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Not sure if anyone has tried this, I don't see why it wouldn't work. It will take awhile and it's pretty boring, but you can grind out easy chain breaks this way. I'm not sure if I would bother getting all 500 this way - I had over 100 when I got to this point anyway.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS (Post Dunan Hill Battle / Pre Ruhalt Battle)

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Once you get the mission to retake Highwind Isle (big spoiler eh?????), your party will be split. To retake the beaches, you have Zephie, Crocell and Argo. One of the quests you can do here, if you visited the Abazet survivor in Abazet Port before hand anyway (not sure if you get this quest otherwise, you probably do though) is to destroy the four Death Ballista on the beach. These are great to grind Chain Breaks off of, because they require you to use Argo and use the field action "Punch" to destroy their barrier generators - otherwise they only take 1 damage from any attack. If you simply kill all the enemies around them but leave the generators intact, you have an enemy that can't hit you, stands still, and has virtually unlimited health.

Now, grinding 500 chain breaks off this will take awhile and probably bore you to death, so you might want to just use this to get to say 300, and pick up the other 200 by playing the rest of the story. Or don't do it at all since it's boring as hell. I suggest watching music or playing a movie on your PC if it's near your TV.

Apologies if this has been posted, it's a pretty obvious tactic. i posted this same thing a while ago

banej
02-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Anyway to keep track how many chains I've done?

Nitramuse
02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
No, you can only check how many Chains you have done after you've unlocked a Chain achievement. So you'll know; "Oh, I have 300 chains now, 200 more"

And the best tip I can give, just play the game. I got the achievement
without boosting or whatever.