PDA

View Full Version : Without spoilers...is this game as good as the first?

The Lovat Scout
02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
I've played the first game at least three times now (and I still havn't 100%'d it, lol) and I really like the entire story plot and all the crazy surprises, along with the awesome music and setting and tone of the game. Like most sequels, they can never really live up to that first experience you have with the first game.

So basically, for the people who have gotten to play through this game for the first few hours...does it pull you into the story as much as the first one? Is it more of a disappointment? I feared that when they incorporated multiplayer into it they would focus less on the story and single player.

Thoughts? Also, no spoilers please and thank you.

Vile Denial
02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I feel that it isn't as good as the first game. While still good, it just feels a bit too similar in places.

The enemies are mostly the same. You really don't feel "powerful" at the beginning, like I expected to (due to the character you play). The weapons and tonics are nothing brilliant. The storyline is interesting, and I'm wondering what exactly the twist will be, but it's not as good as the original.

Honestly, the game feels a bit more like an expansion than a full sequel. Interesting and fun, but nowhere near as good.

The Lovat Scout
02-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Damn, well that sucks, lol. I just got it and about to play it. Hopefully it will at least not disappoint me, lol.

Wos
02-10-2010, 08:38 AM
I think the story is better then bioshock 1 and MP it was different company that did it,

v SnOwMaN v
02-10-2010, 08:46 AM
I've played the first game at least three times now (and I still havn't 100%'d it, lol) and I really like the entire story plot and all the crazy surprises, along with the awesome music and setting and tone of the game. Like most sequels, they can never really live up to that first experience you have with the first game.

So basically, for the people who have gotten to play through this game for the first few hours...does it pull you into the story as much as the first one? Is it more of a disappointment? I feared that when they incorporated multiplayer into it they would focus less on the story and single player.

Thoughts? Also, no spoilers please and thank you.

Well everything you mentioned in your first paragraph is in the second game. So you wouldn't be let down at all.

Great game. By far one of my fav of 2010.

XxBlueSpade2xX
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Do I NEED to go get this tomorrow?

Tartarus
02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Do I NEED to go get this tomorrow?

Yes .

daninthemix
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think the levels are as distinctive or memorable as the first, neither are the characters, or the weapons for that matter.

Still very good though.

Nozza XBA
02-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Personally I like it but I'm only about 1 hour in so I'm not at the love stage yet, but I know its only around the corner. Atm the stories ok but a little confusing lol (could just be me) I'm a little disapointed you cant go back a revisit places you've been, thus making sure you collect everything first time around before you move on.

It does personally feel the same as the first but what do you expect? Its the same city, so all you'll get are new areas and new pretty lights. Enemies are pretty much the same, but theres a few different weapons about which are good to see/use but tonices/plasmids are pretty much all the same.

I think its worth a get as the first was great and you cant leave it there, as you just gotta see how the story continues imo.