PDA

View Full Version : generals: how do you tell?

ConfusedGeek
02-09-2010, 05:14 PM
how do you tell who is a general? is there an easy way?

Gor1lla
02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
They wear black
2 bodyguards
and the alarm circle thing is always with them

Mike Conno
02-10-2010, 12:42 PM
There is no way of telling which of the freeplay targets is a general by looking at your in game map. The only way to find one is to drive around and look at your radar (the circle on the bottom left).

They have a yellow circle around them (which appears on your radar when you get near them). This is the suspicion circle and they will notice you, even if you are in disguise if you aproach them from the front. Notice that sometimes Sean will tell you when you enter the circle saying something about them beeing paranoid and indeed you can sometimes hear them shouting even when they have their backs turned to you.

When you get close you will see the general and 2 bodyguards. The general is the one with a yellow glow (he is always on alert state, the suspicious bastard). You can also recognize him by the long black coat he wears.

So, be careful and position yourself on a building out of sight and shoot the 2 bodyguards first (preferably with a silencer) if you are going for the 5 stealth kills. When he resumes position, aproach from the rear and do the nasty with him (or kill him, your choice :)).

ConfusedGeek
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
thanks for the tips. now im one away.

the crappy thing is, the generals arent the only ones that have the yellow thing and two grunts surrounding them.

trying to be stealthy, a couple of time i shot 2 guards to find out they werent gaurding a general.

but now i come to know they are more open than that. the generals arent hiding.

Mike Conno
02-12-2010, 11:15 AM
thanks for the tips. now im one away.

the crappy thing is, the generals arent the only ones that have the yellow thing and two grunts surrounding them.

trying to be stealthy, a couple of time i shot 2 guards to find out they werent gaurding a general.

but now i come to know they are more open than that. the generals arent hiding.

Ha, but generals are the only ones with a yellow circle, the rest are some no trespassing zones lize Fuel Stations, Rockets, etc. You can tell the difference because if you zoom the map on that area you can see a little square (usually in yellow) barbed wire fence.