PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to get the Master Protector achievement

Ray5555
02-10-2010, 03:47 AM
On your first harvest with a little sister Hack the health machine, Spam 14 Trap rivets around the corpse, 7 at the door where the splicers cut through the door, 1 on each of the steps and 1 near the hacked health machine. Now facing the vending machines go into the right hand corner behind you. Then equip the Electric plasmid, and the gattling gun. Just funnel the splicer with a electric shock, then a belly full of lead via gattling gun. You only have to worry about the splicers with the guns.
If you get hit run away from the little sister, to where to first entered the stage, this will reset the adam gather but the splicers with guns will have spawned. just kill them. Replant all of your traps around the corpse, and start again for an easy achievement, since all of the splicers will have melee weapons. If you do get hit , rinse and repeat.

mcnichoj
02-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Video?
Even though it sounds simple enough.

Ray5555
02-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a video, but I did this twice, once on my profile, and once on a generic profile, and it worked both times.

Hoffasgrave
02-10-2010, 04:06 AM
nice, I'll have to try that..

RufftyMan
02-10-2010, 04:10 AM
I got this on the same harvest playing on hard. But I just used the rivet traps where I thought they would be needed. Moved a box near the door with a rivet on it facing the door and one at the doorway.

Backed myself into a corner and used a mixture of electricity and shots as and when needed.

Took a couple of go's but got it in the end.

hopesfall2win
02-10-2010, 04:26 AM
There's a super easy one in Pauper's Drop, it's upstairs in a wooden room. There's only two ways in and they are narrow doorways, just set up 12 rivets per side and there's even a counter to crouch behind.

But there was another one in a subway corner by Fishbowl Diner that I got it from. I put MASSIVE amounts of trap rivets all around the diner and in the doorways near the corpse. There is an ammo and vending machine in the area so keep stocking up on trap rivets and it's easy splicer rape. Also, hack the turret up top on the diner and hack the camera and it's even easier. You hide in a corner next to a door, it's dark and you can easily see where they are coming from.

Numbthumb
02-10-2010, 04:48 AM
There's actually a video of this -- that a guy posted in the Achievement guide a few days ago. Pretty much exactly the same, shows how it's done.

WarDawg17
02-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Awesome, I am going to go try this tomorrow then.

mcnichoj
02-10-2010, 05:09 AM
This method still hasn't worked for me on ten plus tries now and by the time the leadheads come out you don't get enough time to run away sometimes.
Helped me figure out the Counterattack achievement though, so thanks for that. <3

dwb6
02-11-2010, 07:29 AM
i got really lucky with this and for some reason when i put her down to get adam, no guys showed up for the whole round. so i just went and picked her up. i think it was on the second level but i dont remember what part exactly.

Armor42
02-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I just did it with the first harvest on normal... pretty easy really, didn't even use any traps. Headshots, headshots, headshots

A ZombieTwinkie
02-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Man, I must have just completely lucked out.

I didn't read through the Achievement list before hand, so I wasn't aware of this achievement until after I got to Grace and was seeing if there was one for saving/killing her.

So, I see this achievement and decide to try it out every time I get to a ADAM Gathering spot. Well, I get to Dionysys Park - at the beginning where you got to find Pumping Station #5 - I go around, clear out the Splicers, take out the Rumbler and decide to go for the first body, which just so happens to be right next to where I adopted the Little Sister.

So, I lay my traps, make sure my ammo and health packs are filled, and take a breath. I set the Little Sister down and wait... And wait... And wait until the bar fills up and I pick her up. Bloop - Achievement Unlocked. Not one Splicer came and attacked me.

Perhaps I just got lucky, or maybe it's a good spot, I dont know.