PDA

View Full Version : Research Master question

chris8875
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi there - wondering if anyone could tell me what the nine subjects are to research to get the research master. I can only figure out 8 right now - the 5 different kinds of splicer, Big Daddy and variants, Big Sister and security items.

I didn't think it was the little sisters, as I've had my camera on filming one previously and nothing recorded or came up. If it is the little sister, I'm in Siren Alley right now - have I got a hope of maxing out the research track if I'm starting from 0 at this stage of the game?

Thanks so much

tremberz
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi there - wondering if anyone could tell me what the nine subjects are to research to get the research master. I can only figure out 8 right now - the 5 different kinds of splicer, Big Daddy and variants, Big Sister and security items.

I didn't think it was the little sisters, as I've had my camera on filming one previously and nothing recorded or came up. If it is the little sister, I'm in Siren Alley right now - have I got a hope of maxing out the research track if I'm starting from 0 at this stage of the game?

Thanks so much

5 x Splicers
Big Daddy
Big Sister
Security
Alpha Series.

Alpha Series appear quite late in the game, and are very similar to Big Daddies but a bit weaker. You have plently of time to max out the research. You face many of these enemies towards the end, just remember that when recording and fighting the enemies you use different plasmids and weapons to gain more points on your recordings.

luke391
02-10-2010, 04:06 PM
i read that you can only get the Thuggish Splicer complete on the level where you get the camera, I would like to know i this is true since ill end up having to do another cycle over it =\

Ozbaab
02-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Another question;

I'm in Fontaine's Futuristics now and I got like 1 cm left on the Brute Splicer bar and 2 whole levels of Big Sister research left..
Will I encounter any more brutes and enough big sisters or am I screwed?

Craigimuss
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Another question;

I'm in Fontaine's Futuristics now and I got like 1 cm left on the Brute Splicer bar and 2 whole levels of Big Sister research left..

You should have plenty of opportunities if you are where I think you are. Still a way to go. :)

tremberz
02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
i read that you can only get the Thuggish Splicer complete on the level where you get the camera, I would like to know i this is true since ill end up having to do another cycle over it =\

No I don't think so. I managed get all of mine towards the end, I do not remember though about the thuggish splicer.

Another question;

There are many brutes and big sisters right at the end of the game. I was wondering the same thing. Just make sure you make the most of them by using various weapons and plasmids during shooting.

Ozbaab
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Aight, thanks alot!

ThingontheFloor
02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Just a tip for anyone still early on, try and max out Spider Slicers asap. They seem to just stop appearing during the last few areas of the game so if you're not maxed out by then, you won't get it. I'm talking from experience, unfortunately.

DubNut86
02-10-2010, 06:42 PM

I would also like to know this. :)

AoA Requiem
02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I forgot to research big sisters a few times and didn't get enough to complete them ... bah..

guillermo316
02-10-2010, 08:14 PM
i have a question how many advantages to you get beore you max out the research, in the first you got 4 then you maxed out? and can you tell how close you are to maxing out a research?

ThingontheFloor
02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
i have a question how many advantages to you get beore you max out the research, in the first you got 4 then you maxed out? and can you tell how close you are to maxing out a research?

3 bonuses and then it maxes out, and yeah there's a nice menu system when you pause it that shows your progress on each research.

fant
02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm now in the fontaine futuristics area, and haven't met a thuggish splicer for ages now... I'm starting to get a bit worried, cause along with the big sister that's the only bar left I have to fill.

guillermo316
02-11-2010, 12:26 AM
3 bonuses and then it maxes out, and yeah there's a nice menu system when you pause it that shows your progress on each research.

thanks alos is there a tonic like in the first then makes your research grade better?