PDA

View Full Version : I have terrible luck with Houdini Splicers...

BlackDragon
02-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Please tell me there's many more Houdini Splicers around than you need to max out the research track... the last 3 I ran into, I missed getting footage of for various annoying reasons.

First I ran into the couple in the cinema... saw them dancing at a distance, figured they were just ordinary Thuggish or Leadhead splicers, head-shotted them both with the spear-gun - didn't realize they were Houdinis 'till I checked their corpses. Then, when I was heading for the balcony, I started setting up traps for the ADAM-extraction - around the entrances to the balcony, y'know? Then a Houdini-splicer just shows up outta nowhere, before I start the gathering even, and walks into the trap - gets perforated by 4 Trap Rivets and dies before I can shoot a single second.

I'm starting to get worried... >.<

Massa Siggy
02-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Sounds like me in the first one. I have to start a new game because I didn't know that cameras and turrets and such were required for Research Ph. D. >_<

daenius
02-10-2010, 11:45 PM
[.....]
I'm starting to get worried... >.<

I think there are enough Houdinis to research until the end.

Houdinis and Leadheads, at least so it seems to me, are the splicers you'll run into the most during the course of the game.

If you're already past Pauper's Drop, I'd start worrying if I maxed out research on the Thuggish ones, they completely disappear after Pauper's Drop.....

BlackDragon
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
On principle, I always research everything I get near - I've long-since maxed out Thuggish and Leadhead, since they're all over the place from the moment you get the camera. Also got the Brute Splicer, with the last li'l bit done during the battle with the priest. And Spider Splicers took surprisingly little time - those guys were all OVER the place in Siren's Alley. And of course, Security, all done, easily, since both cameras, security-bots and turrets counts towards that one... theoretically, you could get that one pretty much instantly just by starting alarms and scannign each sec-bot as it pops up.

And I'm fairly confident I'll have no trouble finishing Big Daddy and Big Sister, either - I've filmed each one I could, and they keep appearing for a long time. But Houdinis only just started appearing, and I've only managed to film ONE - the first one. But if you're saying they'll keep appearing, in large numbers, for a long time yet, I guess there's nothing to worry about...