PDA

View Full Version : Im Lvl 40, Heres some tips!

Pix3l1da
02-11-2010, 12:00 AM
I hit level 40 today after having the game for a good 5 days, I found capture the sister the best way to go if you can rack up enough kills which is easy while everyone is dashing around for the sister. On average I was getting around 20-30 kills a game which if on the winning side nets about 1,300 adam if on the losing side gets you about 800-900.

Also hack hack hack and research dead bodies as much as possible as each of these nets 10 adam which is the same as a kill, also if you put a bullet in someone and die when they are killed next you will also net 5 adam for an assist.

Also on certain maps its worth collecting the small red vials of adam there can be between 30-40 of these on each map and if you can net as many as you can it can greatly increase your score and move you on to level 40 just that little bit fast.

If playing any other game mode learn the big daddy suit drops, there are 2 places on each map and as soon as the big daddy suit alert shows up on screen head for these two places, this can change the flow of the game dramatically if you can bag the big daddy suit.

It took me a solid 16 hours in game time to get to this level and I won about 40% of my matches in all game types.

I hope this helps you all and good luck, its very time consuming.

Its also worth mentioning if the game disconnects in the middle of a match finish another game and you will get the exp from your last game that got disconnected also.

Hope this helps.

EvilTommy
02-11-2010, 12:19 AM
thanks for the good pointers m8. currently lvl 27 at the moment myself and its going slow. Have only been playing on team deathmatch in there but im going to try now the little sister map :) keep up the good work and grats on lvl 40 m8. ps howcome there is no one that speaks on game chat in that game? ppl are so antisocial :(

toonsage
02-11-2010, 12:19 AM
gratz on the level, wondering, have you experience any freezing on your game when you played?

guillermo316
02-11-2010, 12:31 AM
i have to say until the MP gets patched and fixed from the frezzing issues i wont play it.

TrishTheDish
02-11-2010, 12:55 AM
thanks for the good pointers m8. currently lvl 27 at the moment myself and its going slow. Have only been playing on team deathmatch in there but im going to try now the little sister map :) keep up the good work and grats on lvl 40 m8. ps howcome there is no one that speaks on game chat in that game? ppl are so antisocial :(
That's what I like BEST about this game! Do you know how nice it is to play an online FPS and not hear a single line of racism, profanity, or homophobia? This is the greatest FPS ever!

ryfry99
02-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I'd like to add that on each map there are some 'secret' areas or just places off the main path that have vials of adam that give you + 10 each.

Atarii
02-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Grats on lvl 40 - and thank you for the tips.

BurtonBoarder7
02-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the tips man, is level 40 the max level or can you keep leveling up?

DWHFloyd
02-11-2010, 02:26 AM
16 hours of solid game playing is time consuming? I guess you do not own gears of war 2 lol. Good to know its not going to take months of grinding this.

tripleb2k
02-11-2010, 03:45 AM
no mention of adam vials? I can usually find 10 of those in a single map of Civil War getting me 100 adam without doing anything.

XxReapaxX
02-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Congrats man, good to know it's not gonna be as time consuming as I expected. I've yet to try MP (just about to finish SP, such a good campaign) but 16 hours is nothing compared to the days I've spent between the CoD games.

MediumMelanin
02-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Sounds do-able, of course, as expected...since I'm level 12 in 3 hours....

Fonkey Monkey
02-11-2010, 04:17 AM
Nice tip on the capture the sister gametype, I hadn't even tried that yet.
Also sitting back and let everyone else shoot the big daddy/die alot and then come in for the cheap kill and 100 adam is always nice.
Not that time consuming though imo, I'm a level 11 at about 2 and a half hours.

Does anyone know if you get adam in a private match?

Elm
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I've been netting over 1k worth of adam in FFA every match. If you're pretty good at MP, I suggest playing this gametype.

JTL
02-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the tips and hope to be rank 40 soon.

DOOKH8R
02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Get in with a group and hack the turrets and work on the trials.

Park Diesel
02-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Nice tip on the capture the sister gametype, I hadn't even tried that yet.
Also sitting back and let everyone else shoot the big daddy/die alot and then come in for the cheap kill and 100 adam is always nice.
Not that time consuming though imo, I'm a level 11 at about 2 and a half hours.

Does anyone know if you get adam in a private match?

No, you do not.

Get in with a group and hack the turrets and work on the trials.

What he said. This is boostable. 6 players, 5 in a pre-game lobby while the other searches. Solo Adam Grab. I averaged 1200 & change per match. Just pair up, hack turrets, and do easy trials. If there are only 2 turrets, switch off on the Little Sister (stopping at 2:59) and hack vending machines. 14 hours.

guillermo316
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
they need to fix it

patches4711
02-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Good tips. I tend to agree that capture the sister is the fastest way to rank up. I got to level 16 in about 5 hrs playing with friends. It is certainly doable if you are willing to put in the time. I had freezing issues the first night but thankfully yesterday I had no problems.

AoA Requiem
02-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I still find it hilarious that people want to boost to lvl 40, just hacking turrets back and forth .. how boring .. why not just PLAY the game?

PureTechniquex
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope this helps you all and good luck, its very time consuming.

Sorry but 16 hours is no way classed as 'very time consuming',
Games i would class as that would have to be Gears of War 2 & GTA IV... getting the highest rank on those takes 100's of hours lol.

Pix3l1da
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I have to say I have played it alot and have come across no freezing so I was really surprised to see so many posts regarding it on the forum. I played alot maybe 3-4 days before release so can only guess that the freezing is being caused by a increase in number of people playing this online.

Have to say I was shocked at how good the online on bioshock is.

Once you learn the maps I cant see you all having any problems getting to level 40 as people have pointed out its not greatly time consuming but then ive never tried to play gears 2 online.

Just wanted to quickly get some tips for you all and hopefully help you all get there abit quicker.

Also great shout on the cheaping the big daddy ill add this as taking down a player as the big daddy nets 100 adam but sadly dosent count in capture the sister it only counts in servival of the fittest and other game modes.

Blah 2k
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Hmm. Capture the sister? Got it. Do the trials and search for adam vials for extra adam? Check check check. Can't wait to start the multi-player. Should be finishing up the single-player tonight. Just got to Persephone ;)