PDA

View Full Version : God Damnit

knightdedede
02-11-2010, 01:32 AM
I'd like to start off by saying, yes, I am mentally retarded (no I'm not, but you'll think so in a minute) and I have Vita-Chambers turned off...

I just finished Dionysus Park. I'm on my way out and RIGHT at the VERY end, a group of splicers attack. I had one first aid, I used it in the battle. I'm down to no first aid's a one sliver of health. I decide to SAVE. What a great idea! Once the saving ends, I am shot once and killed. Now, whenever I load my game, I'm immediately shot and killed before I can even press start. As I said before, I am at the END of Dionysus Park. I can reload my autosave from the beginning of the level, but I'd have to do it ALL over again. From personal experience, I know that losing a save usually make a person lose interest in playing the game, as they don't want to go through all the stuff they did before.

Can anyone help me? Offer some advice? I do NOT want to restart Dionysus Park. It's the one where you're forced to collect all three Little Sisters. There are also six gatherings I'd rather not do again.

Please, if you have any suggestions, share them. Thank you.

XSlyKid
02-11-2010, 03:06 AM
take it like a man....

knightdedede
02-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Your mom just took all of my man on her face, "Sly"Kid.

Massa Siggy
02-11-2010, 03:16 AM
You guys should settle this with a cage match.

321GO!

kevinbeck12713
02-11-2010, 03:34 AM
Your mom just took all of my man on her face, "Sly"Kid.
Hahaha, usually I hate those immature little "your mom" comebacks, but i actually lol'd at that.

Yes, i know, when this happens, I usually lose all interest in the game. Me thinks you should put off bioshock for a week or two. Play another game that you stopped playing because bioshock came out. Or try mass effect 2, beat that whole game. Then come back to bioshock after awhile. You'll be more motivated than you are now.

And yes, this really sucks. I feel for you. I did the same think in Morrowind a few years back after playing for 100+ hours. Needless to say, this realllllly pissed me off.

XxReapaxX
02-11-2010, 04:11 AM
That really sucks man but it's happend to all of us in some game at one point or another. I had a save file corrupt because the game froze while saving which made me go back like 45 minutes worth of play time. Not nearly as bad your situation but still wasn't happy.

When you do it again I suggest playing with 3 saves and rotation save between them. It's pretty much what I do in every game just to be safe.

Handguns4Hearts
02-11-2010, 07:43 AM
ya just give it a day or two play some of the MP and then tackle it again. Its tedious but its gotta be done if ya want that cheevo.

Elm
02-11-2010, 07:52 AM
In Bioshock 1, I had to redo the entirety of Hephaestus because I got stuck inside a file cabinent and couldn't get out through any means. Yeah it sucked but I still redid the place. Dionysus isn't as long as other areas so go ahead and replay it.

knightdedede
02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
The worst is back in the Pokemon days when you're file would go corrupt or something. You'd have to wave goodbye to your level 65 Lapras that you wasted 20 hours leveling up.

Fallout 3 is pretty bad too. Several times I'd try to jump over something I couldn't or walk into a nook that I wasn't meant to and I'd have to restart an hour back. It's heartbreaking.

Well, guys, I decided to just reload my auto-save from the beginning of Dionysus Park. No worries though. I flew in and out of there like a bat out of hell. I remembered where most of the audio diaries were and I pretty much just fucked that level in the ass.

Now, I am in Persephone and almost done. :)

Case closed.

seahn
02-11-2010, 09:34 AM
don't lash out at me for this comment, but if you are going for the big brass balls achievement, you should be saving like every 10 minutes, depending on certain events... i think a save is like 2-3 MB tops, so its not going to clutter your hard drive too much

vault69
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
having to restart a level is nothing compared to dying once in demons souls after not dying for a good 8-10 hours game time then dying when you start up again
btw when you die you lose all your progress but it can be recovered, that is if you dont die getting there
so dont complain

Therion713
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I also have a problem at the end of Dionysus. I've done everything I'm supposed to do and now I just want to leave. The "hint system" suggests that I should take the train to the next area, but when I try to board the train I get a message saying that I can't leave with the little sister and that I should find a vent and dump the little bitch off. The problem is I'M NOT CARRYING any little sister!!
When I approach the vent nothing happens!

Is there anything else that you are supposed to do in this area? I decided not to shoot the guy in the security booth and now he just stands there like a retard.

If this has happened to anyone else or you have any suggestions, please share them with me. Thank you.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
This reminds me of when I was about 7 playing Tomb Raider 2 on the PC with my dad when we got stuck underwater where it happened to auto save over our latest save and so we spent ages trying to get out but never could.

Our save before this was so far back we never actually bothered completing the game haha. Probably the reason I stopped playing PC games like that also.

Not much advice really, only that I know how you feel. At least BS2 is amazing and fun enough to go back and do it again.

I also lol'd at the mum comeback and that doesnt usually happen lol.

captain host
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
This reminds me of when I was about 7 playing Tomb Raider 2 on the PC with my dad when we got stuck underwater where it happened to auto save over our latest save and so we spent ages trying to get out but never could.

Our save before this was so far back we never actually bothered completing the game haha. Probably the reason I stopped playing PC games like that also.

Not much advice really, only that I know how you feel. At least BS2 is amazing and fun enough to go back and do it again.

I also lol'd at the mum comeback and that doesnt usually happen lol. Wow lol something like that happened to me back in the day whit the same game XD.Got some random auto-save while i was falling from way to high XD

SquidMountain
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I had something similar to this with Bioshock 2 happen, I was just about to finish one of the levels and I get disconnected from xbox live and a prompt on the screen comes up and says something like "The original profile for this game was signed out of, going back to the main menu" at first I didn't think much of it, but then when I went to load my save I saw the last auto save was 2 hours ago, I wanted to cry.

So I decided to just play through it all again, then at the end of the exact same level I backtracked a little to stock up on items and I got stuck in some stairs. I had to wait 20min for a Rumbler to wander into the area, provoke him and let him kill me.

Needless to say I tend to save a bit more often now.

ElderOmnivore
02-11-2010, 11:16 PM
That sucks man. Like others have said, we've all done it. I now have five save files that I just rotate through for this exact reason. I do that in every game. It takes up space in the long run, but I can't tell you how many times it has paid off already. I'm not even talking about corrupt files nor anything like that. In many games, I didn't like the way something turned out or feel like I could do it better. So, it comes in handy to have save files at least every fifteen minutes or so.

Twincats
02-12-2010, 11:22 AM
When you do it again I suggest playing with 3 saves and rotation save between them. It's pretty much what I do in every game just to be safe.

This.

This is exactly what I do now to prevent losing hours of gameplay due to bad save points, power outages during saving, etc.

Definitely follow this rule, for you will not regret it.

Deadly Moves
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Why would you save it in the middle of a fight?! I saved it everytime i cleared a room
And you must have time to hold http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/deadlyed/xbox%20buttons/lb.png or http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/deadlyed/xbox%20buttons/rb1.png and press http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/deadlyed/xbox%20buttons/b.png to use a health pack