PDA

View Full Version : how to get fouled? (score on penalty shot)

Divian BE
03-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I tried what most of you guys told.

CPU - all sliders down left
gamer - all sliders up
real time minutes
penalty on (2minutes)
difficulty: all-star

I get my face off at my side (by freezing on the goalie).
When I reach the opposite side, I stay back with my stick up (holding X) till someone touches me to get fouled. However or they steal my puck or the goalie takes it or they don't get a penalty.

Anyone could help me figuring this out?
I tried about 60 minutes right now, using technics of the tactic, mentioned above...

How do you actually now you are able to do a penalty shot? Sometimes they have to sit on the bank but that one doesn't count I think?

ps: I'm a noob to hockey :-(

The Pants Party
03-11-2007, 03:01 PM
They have to hit your directly in the back for some reason. If you have a friend or someone who can use the second controller, this works way better than trying to have the CPU do it. Just have them ram full force into your back.

Divian BE
03-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Will give it a try, thx mate!

Divian BE
03-11-2007, 06:11 PM
They have to hit your directly in the back for some reason. Just have them ram full force into your back.
I tried this using 2 controllers myself for about 40 minutes now. Result: They get on the bench and we have a face off on their side. Is this the actual penalty shot? Or do you get a message saying this. I can't figure out which penalty is which, roughing, hooking,... all the same -> face off on their side.

How will I recognize I've got the oppurtunity to score for the achievement?
Is it something like when you "draw" a match and you start on the middle towards the goal?

appreciate the help. The achievement is the last one but a pain in the...

The Pants Party
03-11-2007, 08:45 PM
A penalty shot is when you get a one-on-one chance to score with the goalie. The puck will be at center ice and you will be the only person on the ice with a free skate and shot at the goalie.

Check this video for exactly what to do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-3rKIQtfc

Divian BE
03-12-2007, 07:43 PM
will give it a try... thx!

Hoof Hearted25
03-21-2007, 12:53 AM
use 2 controlers and flick the right analog stick up and it slashes them

TartanSpartan17
06-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey wats the difference between a delayed penalty and a penalty? i keep getting these delayed penaltys but i dont know the difference. Also, do you have to get hacked right in front of the golie and do you have to get hacked by the last defender? Please help, send message to my gamertag. TartanSpartan17. Cheers

sn1p3rsc0p3
07-13-2007, 09:19 PM
i feel like ive tried everything and still cant get this achievement..... Im gona try some more of this helpful stuff later.... I know it is probably really easy and yes i have a second controller too.

Turbo VDuB 44
07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
2 controllers is definitely the easiest way to get this....first try my friend slashed my...take control of the goalie and move him out of the way....boom achievement

Scuzzymel
07-21-2007, 06:45 AM
:woop: Finally got my 1000! But anyways...

Checked on loads of different sites and stuff, and figured that this following way was best - seeing as it helped me get the penalty within about 2mins...

Basically...

All penalty sliders to the right, CPU to the left, you have a good team, CPU has a Denmark-like team, penalty time to the full 2mins... We all know this yes?

You need to get your team 2-men down - either hook with the right stick, or check the other goalie - you should find that under the score board on the top left of your screen that it will say "2 Man Adv".

Once the other team has the 2 man advantage, let them bring the puck into your zone, then take the puck, skate behind your own goal, and press up and right trigger to skate quickly up into their half. Once over the half way line slow down, so that the CPU's defenders can catch up with you. You may hear the commentator mention something about a breakaway - you know you'r doing good then ;). The general feeling is that the other team will be much harder on your players if you're on the breakaway.

Here is where there are split opinions - some people say to hold BUT NOT RELEASE the x button to get tackled from behind. I did this for hours with no luck. Others say to tap the B button - this will get your guy half protecting the puck, which often prompts the defenders to hook you. Once I started doing this i got my achievement within minutes.

So...

2 men down
Breakaway
Wait outside their goal (not too close to the goalie!)
Tap B (or press and hold X)
Pray that you have luck on your side!

This game is going back right now... :mad:

THEGREATMADMAN
09-30-2007, 12:04 PM
^Thanks for that! but i can't do it!. Luck is never on my side it seems, they just never tackle me, ever!. Its really frustrating

Letmekilluplz
12-21-2008, 04:13 AM
I got over 40 penalties and no penatly shot ffs