PDA

View Full Version : Final boss, 2nd part, aaarrrgh

ScottCorno1987
02-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Ok so playing on Uber, I have very little ammo.

Is there anyway of getting any ammo?

I'm guessing not, but I cannot seem to take enough damage off him before being left with the flamethrower, RPG, and some electric gun (can't remember the name) but none of which seem to make any damage

rowain
02-16-2010, 01:27 AM
I don't recall any methods of obtaining ammo at this point (you get a chance to resupply on everything AFTER this part but not before). I came into the fight with plenty of ammo but he's still a pain in the ass on part 2. I can sympathize. For what it's worth, after dying half a dozen times I finally beat him by essentially camping the same spot under some gears to protect myself from his rockets. Just be very vigilant and wait for him to come to you. Weapons don't seem to give much visual indication that they are hurting him, but they are. I favoured the L44, rocket launcher, and particle cannon and he eventually went down.

For what it's worth, the third and final section of this boss is a cakewalk compared to part two, so if you do finally make it passed this, you're not far from finally killing him.

ScottCorno1987
02-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't recall any methods of obtaining ammo at this point (you get a chance to resupply on everything AFTER this part but not before). I came into the fight with plenty of ammo but he's still a pain in the ass on part 2. I can sympathize. For what it's worth, after dying half a dozen times I finally beat him by essentially camping the same spot under some gears to protect myself from his rockets. Just be very vigilant and wait for him to come to you. Weapons don't seem to give much visual indication that they are hurting him, but they are. I favoured the L44, rocket launcher, and particle cannon and he eventually went down.

For what it's worth, the third and final section of this boss is a cakewalk compared to part two, so if you do finally make it passed this, you're not far from finally killing him.

Thanks, I finally made it... although it took some patience using the "hide under the gear" method. I had to make every bullet count and use the flamethrower which did appear to work a little.

I'm just glad I don't have to play this anymore, completing the campaign once in uber is enough for me.