Cincinnati Reds 75
Detroit Tigers 75
Houston Astros 75
Toronto Blue Jays 74
Cleveland Indians 73
Pittsburgh Pirates 73
San Diego Padres 72

http://kotaku.com/5473293/initial-team-ratings-for-mlb-2k10-revealed

Yankees and Red Soxs tied for first. Overall seems fair, any thoughts?

DarkManX
02-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Ha Ha my hometown Indians are suffering, expected though, at least the Dodgers are rated high.

ethanl2k7
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
hmmm Yankees and Red Cox are yet again ranked equally.i dont think the Giants should be at 87, pitching is great for them but offense and speed are crap. the Nationals arent in the bottom 3 either? Strasburg, Pudge and Ching ming Wang must have super charged them i guess. but why the hell are the Tigers so low, they were basically in the play-offs for one game last year and all they really lost was Granderson. maybe if Johnny goes there they can be a solid 83.

DarkManX
02-18-2010, 01:46 AM
I'm really surprised The Phillies aren't higher than a 91.

BrotherBadger
02-21-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm a huge Brewer fan, but i am shocked we are ranked THAT highly, after a subpar year last year.

SilverSluggerMZ
02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
It's about time 2K recognized the Rangers are a legit team. 90 is awesome. Thanks for the post. I'm eager for this years game.

SteroidalEagle
02-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Can wait, although I'm a HUGE Red Sox fan I don't think we deserve a 97. I mean Ortiz is really showing his old age and isn't a "clutch" homer hitter. But in genral we should have a 87-89 on offense and 95-98 on pitching and 78-82. But still it'll change in the season.

Tailz
02-27-2010, 09:20 PM
LMAO the Tigers are 75? Wow...thats ridiclous

Tailz
02-27-2010, 09:22 PM
hahahah Tigers 75..Orioles and 82...hahahah....

Verlander,Porcello and Scherzer...Cabrera,Ordonez...come on...ridiclous

The Royals are better...please

RPDfire
02-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Tailz you need to learn that 4 guys dont = a whole team. it's a team sport and 1 or 2 big names cannot carry a team.

SilverSluggerMZ
02-27-2010, 09:30 PM
I think the marlins deserve better than a 76. They are in a playoff berth every season.

xXx3NIGM4xXx
03-02-2010, 08:33 AM
The Mariners being an 81 overall is just fucking stupid. Felix Hernandez was 2nd in Cy Young voting this past season; Cliff Lee the winner two seasons ago. We had the best team ERA last year. Pitching is the strong suit, but c'mon; the Giants = 87? It's a bit lame, I'd say. Mariners also added Figgins and Bradley, both of whom are major upgrades for the worst offense in the league last year. I think the M's should be around a 85 at least. Bollocks.

Okay, I just saw that the Orioles are a 83? What in the hell..? Diamondbacks 84, Angels 91 - this is garbage. I don't quite understand where they came up with these ratings, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they pulled them out of their ass.

Oh, and SluggerMz: I saw you gave the M's their due as well. I appreciate that a Ranger fan is actually seeing that the Mariners are improving. Unlike the dumb ass Angel fans I see posting everywhere (ESPN, Yahoo!, etc). Rangers are good, but they're going to have to come in second this year in the West - hope you understand. =)

SilverSluggerMZ
03-02-2010, 08:51 AM
The Mariners being an 81 overall is just fucking stupid. Felix Hernandez was 2nd in Cy Young voting this past season; Cliff Lee the winner two seasons ago. We had the best team ERA last year. Pitching is the strong suit, but c'mon; the Giants = 87? It's a bit lame, I'd say. Mariners also added Figgins and Bradley, both of whom are major upgrades for the worst offense in the league last year. I think the M's should be around a 85 at least. Bollocks.

Okay, I just saw that the Orioles are a 83? What in the hell..? Diamondbacks 84, Angels 91 - this is garbage. I don't quite understand where they came up with these ratings, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they pulled them out of their ass.

Oh, and SluggerMz: I saw you gave the M's their due as well. I appreciate that a Ranger fan is actually seeing that the Mariners are improving. Unlike the dumb ass Angel fans I see posting everywhere (ESPN, Yahoo!, etc). Rangers are good, but they're going to have to come in second this year in the West - hope you understand. =)

Mariners added: Lee, Bradley, Kotchman, Figgins, League
Angels lost: Lackey, Figgins and Guerrero

All the Angels added was Matsui.

Someone please explain to me how the Mariners are 10points below the Angels.

The Mariners are the team to beat in the AL West. That's all I got to say. I want my Rangers to come in first but our biggest threat is a three game series that includes Felix, Lee and Bedard.

Then you have Ichiro and Figgins back to back to start the lineup and Bradley, Gutierrez and Kotchman in the middle.

Should be a good showdown this year.