PDA

View Full Version : Hello from your Sister Site

FiftyQuid
02-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Hello everyone! Some of you may already know me as a Moderator from PS3T (http://www.ps3trophies.org). The reason I signed up to was to get a better feeling of how things are done on this side. I wanted to be able to communicate/learn from XBOX360A Staff and get to know some of its members.

I'll come right out and say it. I don't own a XBOX360. However I do appreciate what every game system (including the Wii) are doing for the video game industry. It's a great time to be a gamer, no matter what platform(s) you've chosen.

I look forward to meeting everyone and seeing how things are done. Oh, and who knows? Maybe one of you will convince me to finally buy an XBOX360. :)

FQ

Daiphyer.
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Hey dude and welcome. Honestly, because of so many PS3 fanboys that I've seen, it's hard to believe there are people who only have PS3 and respect the other consoles :p
Welcome to x360a community. Enjoy your stay.

Skillet
02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello there, Fifty.

I'm sure this account will be just like my account over on PS3T... basically, it'll have 10 posts and you'll visit every four months. :p

You really should get a 360 though. For Gears of War, Castle Crashers (do they have that on PS3? <_<), and Mass Effect alone.

FiftyQuid
02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Skillet. I've been waiting for Castle Crashers for over 8 months. It's starting to feel like GT5. Will it ever be released?

CovertDog
02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
You have come to learn from the staff here? Boy is PS3T in trouble.:p Welcome to the site.

Skillet
02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi Skillet. I've been waiting for Castle Crashers for over 8 months. It's starting to feel like GT5. Will it ever be released?

It's an amazing game. The music is awesome.

Which reminds me... I should try to find the Castle Crashers soundtrack if there is such a thing. :cool:

Also... don't listen to anything Creech, Covert, or Minty have to say.

They're criminally insane. :p

xK1NG L30N1DASx
02-17-2010, 06:51 PM
We shall teach you the ways of X360A, and it will be the downfall of PS3T I mean UPRISING....>.>

Welcome

Massa Siggy
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
We shall teach you the ways of X360A, and it will be the downfall of PS3T I mean UPRISING....>.>

Welcome

Dammit, don't go almost blowing our cover like that >_<

Welcome, Fifty. Haha.

FiftyQuid
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
You have come to learn from the staff here? Boy is PS3T in trouble.:p Welcome to the site.Where in NB you from Covert? My wife is from Hampton.

CovertDog
02-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Where in NB you from Covert? My wife is from Hampton.

Really? I dated a few girls from Hampton.;) :p I'm originally from Norton, but now call Sussex home. Its about 40 kms east of Hampton.

FiftyQuid
02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Really? I dated a few girls from Hampton.;) :p I'm originally from Norton, but now call Sussex home. Its about 40 kms east of Hampton.I've been to Sussex quite a few times. It's a thriving metropolis. :) We're thinking of moving back to NB, possibly to Quispamsis.

CovertDog
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I've been to Sussex quite a few times. It's a thriving metropolis. :) We're thinking of moving back to NB, possibly to Quispamsis.

Thriving metropolis? No, your confusing the cows for actual residents.:p Quispamsis is nice, if your into the non livestock neighbors and more middle class yuppies. Pretty much were everyone that actually run St. John lives.:p

Tussell
02-17-2010, 08:08 PM
You have come to learn from the staff here? Boy is PS3T in trouble.:p Welcome to the site.
That's what I was going to say! :D

Starstrukk X360A
02-17-2010, 08:22 PM
I recognize you!
Hi =D

KFZ Scrubs
02-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey!
I remember you!
Lol, i haven't been on the sister site in so long.. i've had an account there since it opened up to.
But yea, welcome to X360A.... hope you learn everything you need to from here.

FiftyQuid
02-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I remember some of you guys too. It's like a mini-reunion in here. :)

Tussell
02-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey!
I remember you!
Lol, i haven't been on the sister site in so long.. i've had an account there since it opened up to.
But yea, welcome to X360A.... hope you learn everything you need to from here.
Haha, I've had an account since it opened as well. Unfortunately, I don't really go on there too much, as I really only use my PS3 for Blu-ray. I posted a bit today though, thanks to Quid for reminding me about the site. :p

KFZ Scrubs
02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I remember some of you guys too. It's like a mini-reunion in here. :)
Haha, i don't think you'd remember me right off the bat because i changed my username to KFZ Scrubs here. But still, nice to see you again.... you should sway some more people to come on over and we an make an ultimate alliance!
Haha, I've had an account since it opened as well. Unfortunately, I don't really go on there too much, as I really only use my PS3 for Blu-ray. I posted a bit today though, thanks to Quid for reminding me about the site. :p
i might be going back there sometime soon though. FF13 is coming out soon and like the geek i am, i'm buying two copies... 1 360 and 1 PS3. Basically one for the achievements and one for the awesome BD experience.
I can't get into trophies though..... i'm way behind the curve on that.

Deyankees1
02-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh the PS3 site only been there once to see the FF13 Trophies a while ago. Might be signing up once my PS3 gets here from Amazon. Welcome to the dark side............

mickspawn
02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
welcome. I don't own a ps3 because i have been anti ps3 because i have never liked sony consoles, maybe you will convince me to buy a ps3 :D

Contrah
02-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Welcome over to x360a!

FiftyQuid
02-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Welcome to the dark side............This made me laugh. Over on the PS3T side we say "Welcome from the dark side." :nana

Dz06lt
02-18-2010, 01:25 AM
I know you!! :drunk

Hey dude and welcome. Honestly, because of so many PS3 fanboys that I've seen, it's hard to believe there are people who only have PS3 and respect the other consoles :p
Welcome to x360a community. Enjoy your stay.

360 fanboys are 1000 times worse than ANY ps3 fanboy

dakisbac
02-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Howdy. You should get a 360 because... I said so ;)

Honestly though, the biggest differences between the consoles are of course the exclusives. It's up to you if you think our exclusives are good enough to warrant getting a 360.

While you're here, perhaps you can convince me to get a PS3 :)

Yeah... I don't think so.

FiftyQuid
02-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Honestly, the only reason I don't have an XBOX360 is because I didn't want to pay for LIVE. To me it felt like I was signing a month by month lease. Oh, and Mrs. Quid would kill me. :eek:

Dz06lt
02-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Yeah... I don't think so.

Anytime anything PS3 is brought up on this site is proof enough

FiftyQuid
02-18-2010, 02:02 AM
Anytime anything PS3 is brought up on this site is proof enough
No flame wars in my very first thread please. dz, don't make me infract you from PS3T. :p BTW, Any time is two words. :p

LilMissRoxy
02-18-2010, 02:04 AM
It's an amazing game. The music is awesome.

Which reminds me... I should try to find the Castle Crashers soundtrack if there is such a thing. :cool:

Also... don't listen to anything Creech, Covert, or Minty have to say.

They're criminally insane. :p

You forgot Puck.. he's nuts too.

Welcome. :)

agentplatypus
02-18-2010, 02:25 AM
Welcome man. I'm a member of PS3T so I've seen you around a few times. :)

guillermo316
02-18-2010, 03:10 AM
hello, im from the sister site too. but why arent you a moderator here, lol your starting as a rookie.!? i think you should be higher?

dakisbac
02-18-2010, 04:49 AM
hello, im from the sister site too. but why arent you a moderator here, lol your starting as a rookie.!? i think you should be higher?

Accounts aren't shared across the sites unfortunately.

Elektrohazard
02-18-2010, 06:04 AM
Welcome! I will say this much, Xbox needs Uncharted 2. Lucky PS3 players.

InkedUp
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the site. Not really sure how much you'll be able to learn from the mods here, jk, but hopefully we can convince you to pick up a 360 at least. I'm actually in the same boat as you about buying a PS3, would love to have one, but couldn't enjoy it since the wife would most likely kill me. Enjoy your stay here.

newbsicle
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
HA! I made an account when it was first announced and haven't been there since. I have a ps3 so I don't know why I don't go there.

:confused:

Anyways, I'm sure you'll learn a lot. :p

olsen77
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Fifty, what the hell man? I leave the door open for two minutes and you bolt over here? I need to put some locks on their cages. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif

Seriously though, nice to see you over here too.

Brianzor
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM

I will have to agree with you on that one.

And welcome to xbox360a. I'll most likely soon mess around in the forums of PS3T. I was a member of this site for over a year before I posted.

manslayergoku
02-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Welcome to X360a.org

ZanKioH
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay! :drunk

FiftyQuid
02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Over here I'm just a regular member. The PS3T Staff and the XBOX360A staff don't have any method of communication set up between sites. If I want to talk to a staff member here I have to post, or PM them just like everybody else. It would be nice to have a 'pipe' between the sites, but I don't know if it is necessary or even possible. Webb and Rx are what links the two sites together for me. They keep us well informed.

Fifty, what the hell man? I leave the door open for two minutes and you bolt over here? I need to put some locks on their cages. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif

Seriously though, nice to see you over here too.Just putting in my resume. Some social engineering on my part. :beer:

namel3ss gamer
02-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the site fifty,

I was actually looking around on the sister site a couple of days ago to see what it was like!

I'd love a ps3, really fancy playing little big planet and the metal gear!!
Are there any ps3 exclusive RPG's?? I know the 360 has a fair few.

Also for some reason I'v always been under the impression that playing online on the ps3 there would be a lot less immature kids spoiling the experience! I'm not basing that on anything i just suspect that is the case?

Anyway enjoy your stay mate :)

FiftyQuid
02-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the site fifty,

I was actually looking around on the sister site a couple of days ago to see what it was like!

I'd love a ps3, really fancy playing little big planet and the metal gear!!
Are there any ps3 exclusive RPG's?? I know the 360 has a fair few.

Also for some reason I'v always been under the impression that playing online on the ps3 there would be a lot less immature kids spoiling the experience! I'm not basing that on anything i just suspect that is the case?

Anyway enjoy your stay mate :)I'm not much into RPG's, but I did enjoy Valkyria Chronicles.

As far as your question about online, I'm not much of a fan of multiplayer. It's great against friends, but against a bunch of randoms I just don't enjoy it.

master_shake_350
02-20-2010, 02:53 PM
I want a PS3 so that I can play WipEout HD and WipEout Fury and so that I can have a BBQ in my room!

Welcome.

Daiphyer.
02-20-2010, 02:59 PM

I never said which is good. Any fanboy of anything is an asshole. But PS3 fanboys are much more than X360 fanboys in quantity. At least from people who I run into.

BTW, Quid, why is all of your stats deleted? You had an avatar too!

Hitchman
02-20-2010, 04:48 PM

Welcome to the site!!!

This is like the reunion of the family members that you dont talk about.

. . . "OMG! Thats FiftyQuid! Hes from the other side of the family, he's from the PS3T side! Just smile and wave, try not to talk to him if you dont have to!" *waves and walk's away*

FiftyQuid
02-20-2010, 10:07 PM
BTW, Quid, why is all of your stats deleted? You had an avatar too!
Dunno. I thought it was just me. Maybe it happened when the site got attacked by spambots?

CMCX360
02-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Welcome, and if you came to learn how to mod from these mods, then you came to the right place. The mods here are probably the very best, but it also helps that this community moderates itself.

Chrono917
02-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Hello. I had a PS3 too but the 360 is pretty cool man you should try it.

Sampson
02-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Good to see our Sister Site getting active with ours. Welcome, mon frére.

Pirate
03-09-2010, 02:08 AM
I'd just like to say the only reason Fifty is a Mod is.....

Fiddy - Guess all that time under Olsen's desk finally worked out for ya, EH? http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/whistle.gif

:nana

P.S. Sorry for the thread revival....

Woody706
03-09-2010, 02:46 AM
You shouldn't be bumping old threads.

*Thre...

Damn it wrong site. I got confused there for a minute.

FiftyQuid
03-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Damn you guys. Thanks for the laughs. Maybe I will buy a XBOX360.

You looking for this Woody? :locked

olsen77
03-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Looks like the shock collars aren't working anymore. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif Sorry guys. I'll leave some cookies out to lure them back.

mjc0961
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe one of you will convince me to finally buy an XBOX360. :) You'll buy a 360, because if you don't, I'll kick you square in the nuts and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it over here! :nana

Ah, but yeah... I won't say "welcome to the dark side" because I find both sides to be equally dark... or light? Whatever. So, welcome to the green side.

Looks like the shock collars aren't working anymore. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif Sorry guys. I'll leave some cookies out to lure them back. You know, sometimes I'm really glad I'm not on the Guide Team over there anymore... Like right now, for example. :biglaugh

SpartanKiller19
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I have a ps3 and xbox 360 there both fun to have and im a trophy and acheivement hunter.

FootballPsycho
03-09-2010, 07:11 PM
You shouldn't be bumping old threads.

*Thre...

Damn it wrong site. I got confused there for a minute.
FiftyQuid posted that link so the thread would get bumped. It was his evil plan.:p

Joking aside, welcome to the site... kind of.:p