PDA

View Full Version : Daft Punk vs Kanye West

xTKWxCanadaEhx
02-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Which is better? I prefer the original version by Daft Punk. Kanye just "Yo, I'mma let you finish"'d it.

Side Note: If you love Daft Punk, check out http://www.dothedaft.com . Its like an interactive soundboard where you can play sounds from H.B.F.S and Technologic. You can also get an app for your iPhone/iPod Touch called "iDaft 2" (don't download iDaft Jamming, it sucks). It's really fun and is a good time waster.

Side Note 2: In the Kanye West video, watch Kanye's shades before he starts singing, they turn on and seem to be lit up. I want 'em! :D

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk

YouTube- Daft punk live bercy - harder better faster stronger

Stronger - Kanye West

YouTube- Daft Punk ft. Kanye West Stronger Live Grammys 2008 Mirror High Quality

Tussell
02-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Is this a joke?!

Kanye West is a scrub.

davhth4
02-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I dont like gay fish, or fish sticks so I chose Daft punk <3

Gorilla Stomper
02-17-2010, 11:42 PM
What's with all these fucking "Vs" threads. I think I'll start one called "Madonna vs. Devourment".

For the record. Daft Punk, Kanye West is a fucking cunt.

Sirius
02-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Lol @ people judging an artist based on his social interactions. Kanye has a lot of talent. Now while I think Daft Punks HBFS/Around the World combination from Alive 2007 is far superior, I prefer Kanye's Stronger to the original.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
02-17-2010, 11:49 PM
What's with all these fucking "Vs" threads. I think I'll start one called "Madonna vs. Devourment".

For the record. Daft Punk, Kanye West is a fucking cunt.

How about Michael Jackson vs R Kelly (get the joke?)

xK1NG L30N1DASx
02-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Kanye West is bad, honestly the only song by him I can listen to is the one in that video.

Tussell
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Lol @ people judging an artist based on his social interactions.
If you think that's what I'm doing, I'm not. He's a terrible artist in my opinion.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
02-18-2010, 12:12 AM
As I said in my first post, watch the Kanye version. Just before he starts the first line of his song, watch his shades. It seems they've got LED lights or something in them.

I want those! Go out at night and flick on my light-shades! :D

Gorilla Stomper
02-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Hmm, I think Michael Jackson would win out, simply because of the sheer numbers.

Lol @ people judging an artist based on his social interactions. Kanye has a lot of talent. Now while I think Daft Punks HBFS/Around the World combination from Alive 2007 is far superior, I prefer Kanye's Stronger to the original.

Actually I'm judging him because I hate his "music". The "fucking cunt" comment was just an extra thing I had to slip in there.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
02-18-2010, 12:27 AM
The joke of MJ and R Kelly is the whole diddler thing.

A good example is this clip from the Chapelle Show. Dave Chapelle plays R Kelly, in a song called "I piss on you"

YouTube- Dave Chappelle as R~Kelly! Funny As Hell!!

Gorilla Stomper
02-18-2010, 12:31 AM
The joke of MJ and R Kelly is the whole diddler thing.

I know... When I said sheer numbers, I meant number of children touched.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
02-18-2010, 12:32 AM
I know... When I said sheer numbers, I meant number of children touched.

OHHHHH! Burn!

TheEighthSage
02-18-2010, 12:44 AM
All opinions about the artist aside, I do think that Kayne's "Stronger" is superior to "HBFS" (and the video is an awesome bonus, I particularly like the homages to "Akira," which Kanye himself has said was intentional). I mean, it's almost a shame that he could produce things like this, and turn out to be a total dick. The man's got so much duality he'd put Harvey Dent to shame. >_> (Okay, so I skewed myself by offering my opinions on him too. Dangit >_>)

Anyways, getting back on track...there's no comparison other than that song. xD Daft Punk would win on account that they're pure awesome.

SharksInYourMouth
02-18-2010, 12:55 AM
I've gotta say, Draft Punk. But I do agree Kanye's shades are pretty sweet.

Volzagia
02-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Ima let ya'll finish but Kanye West is one of the biggest faggots of all time!... Of all time!

Daft Punk FTW :p

X monkfish69 X
02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Anything by Daft Punk is cool. Kanye isn't fit to light one of their farts. Although those glasses are pretty cool, and stupid at the same time. They would cool on my Avatar though...

Smoochy
02-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Daft Punk. No question.

Tailz
02-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Just because they make auto-tune crap doesn;t mean ytou're good. They both suck and are a waste.

BarbaricGoose
02-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Kanye West. Hells yeah!

YouTube- South Park - Kanye West - Gay Fish
He knows that he's a gay fish.

Massa Siggy
02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Kaye West is a joke. And not a funny one...he's like a Dane Cook joke.

agentplatypus
02-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Both are trash IMO.

KFZ Scrubs
02-18-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't know.... I don't like Kanye at all.
One, i don't think he's a very good rapper and his ego is everywhere. Almost everysong i've heard by him, he's flaunting his ego about how he's the best.
Two, his new stuff (with all the autotune) is crap. I hate autotune... makes people who think they can sing..... think they actually can. Thinking he's the voice of the generation because what?
Three, His songs don't make any sense to me.

HacksawDoomx187
02-18-2010, 03:01 AM
Lol. I see what you did there:D Not really into Daft Punk but Kanye is just awful so I"m going to have to side with HBFS.

Tussell
02-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Finally! Someone who realizes that Dane Cook is just not funny!

Smoochy
02-18-2010, 03:20 AM
I actually find a few Dane Cook jokes to be funny. :( He's over-rated, no doubt, but I do find myself laughing at a few of his jokes.

OT: I don't see how anyone can find Kanye better than Daft Punk. I don't see much talent in Kanye West's music. Especially his new autotune shit.

specVjavi
02-18-2010, 03:25 AM
I love those french guys. While i do appreciate some of Kanye's work, i hate him. But since we're comparing those 2 songs specifically, im gonna have to go with the original. Kanye wouldnt have been able to do "Stronger" without them.

phodie
02-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Daft Punk hands down.

Kanye's song wouldn't exist without them.

But a lot of Daft Punk songs wouldn't exist without a lot of songs. They sample A LOT. But that's the genre. =P

Starstrukk X360A
02-18-2010, 04:17 AM

Count me in for that Dane Cook isn't funny tally. I never liked him.

Anywhozle.
Daft Punk definitely. I've never really liked Kanye West or his music; his ego only makes me dislike him more.

XxBlueSpade2xX
02-18-2010, 07:21 AM
I like Kanye.... *runs for the door*

EDIT: He is a complete asshole. Rude, arrogant, and overrated. But, I really liked "Late Registration".

Unbrokensoul
02-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Is this a joke Daft punk you got to be kidding.

martdude16
02-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Although Kanye West is a bit of a knob.... he makes great music. I love underground rap music but 'The College Dropout', 'Late Registration' and 'Graduation' were all terrific albums. '808s & Heartbreak' kinda sucked however.

Daft Punk are equally as good, I like both the tracks but out of the two I prefer Daft Punk's original version.

rvlution
02-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Dude, I've always hated Dane Cook!! I feel like we've had this convo in a comedian's thread.

Daft Punk blows Kanye out of the water.

Kunduz
02-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Never been into Kanye West, so yay Daft Punk.

I don't trust gay fish...

ohNOitsKAROLJO
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
I've gotta say, Draft Punk. But I do agree Kanye's shades are pretty sweet.

Seriously? :eek:

Daft Punk for the win. Kanye is not only a dick personality wise, but his music is complete garbage. He's horrible.

rvlution
02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Seriously? :eek:

Daft Punk for the win. Kanye is not only a dick personality wise, but his music is complete garbage. He's horrible.

Not as big a fail as when I saw an article claiming DP was punk. Lol

Magic Coletrain
02-20-2010, 02:49 AM
This is a joke right???!!?!

seriously Daft Punk are amazing

Kayne has nothing on them

Check out Alive 2007 Steam Machine/Around the world/HBFS

infact just listen to the whole Alive 2007 album

ohNOitsKAROLJO
02-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Not as big a fail as when I saw an article claiming DP was punk. Lol

Are you serious? that's fuckin retarded.

SharksInYourMouth
02-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Kanye West. Hells yeah!

LOL that is so boss. South Park is boss.

Kunduz
02-20-2010, 04:45 AM
LOL that is so boss. South Park is boss. YouTube- Like A Boss (ft. Seth Rogen) - Uncensored Version

Sampson
02-20-2010, 04:47 AM
Dude. Kanye sucks. Daft Punk is the best!!!!

IncensedCape
02-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Kanye has a lot of talent.

Laughing my ass off here. This is going in my sig when I can be bothered :p

Sirius
02-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Laughing my ass off here. This is going in my sig when I can be bothered :p

I'm laughing my ass off at how stupid you are. But unfortunately, you aren't worth mentioning in my sig.

Late Registration and The College Dropout were great albums. But alas, this is nothing but a bash Kanye thread because it's the popular thing to do, so I'm not going to bother trying to find someone who can actually make a coherent opinion that isn't "LOLZ KANYE IZ ARROGANT ND OVERRATED." Sorry, I couldn't care how much of a twat he is. He's a good musician and an even better producer.

elephantd
02-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Akon because he throws puniy white kids!

YouTube- Akon Throws a kid off the stage!!!

martdude16
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm laughing my ass off at how stupid you are. But unfortunately, you aren't worth mentioning in my sig.

Late Registration and The College Dropout were great albums. But alas, this is nothing but a bash Kanye thread because it's the popular thing to do, so I'm not going to bother trying to find someone who can actually make a coherent opinion that isn't "LOLZ KANYE IZ ARROGANT ND OVERRATED." Sorry, I couldn't care how much of a twat he is. He's a good musician and an even better producer.

I agree 100%, I don't like the guy but i'll buy every album he releases if there is a slim chance that they are as good as those two. 'Graduation' was good..... '808s' sucked because he relied on 'Auto-Tune'. I'm looking forward to his next release.

Tussell
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Why does everyone assume that just because I don't like him, it's only because he's overrated, has a huge ego, and is a prick... I mean, that's part of it, but I have never enjoyed a single song he has released...

I mean, the only songs that are remotely good, aren't even his songs. They're all Kid Cudi songs, and he's just featured... The only thing that makes him even enjoyable, is when Kid Cudi is spittin' with him, because Kid Cudi is God.

Sirius
02-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Why does everyone assume that just because I don't like him, it's only because he's overrated, has a huge ego, and is a prick... I mean, that's part of it, but I have never enjoyed a single song he has released...

I mean, the only songs that are remotely good, aren't even his songs. They're all Kid Cudi songs, and he's just featured... The only thing that makes him even enjoyable, is when Kid Cudi is spittin' with him, because Kid Cudi is God.

Wasn't specifically targeted at you Tussell. Rather general opinion from what I've seen. I know your musical opinion is rather well-founded compared to most.

And yes. Kid Cudi is awesome.

Tussell
02-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Wasn't specifically targeted at you Tussell. Rather general opinion from what I've seen. I know your musical opinion is rather well-founded compared to most.

And yes. Kid Cudi is awesome.
Heh, ironically, mine wasn't specifically targeted at you either! :p I've gotten shit my entire life (since he's hit the mainstream) for not liking Kanye West... Everyone assumes it's because of what he did during the music awards, or because he's always had a huge ego, etc. It never occurs to people that I might just not like his music! :p

I mean, I have nothing wrong with people who do like him, as 78% of the population does! (And yes, that number is exact. :p)

martdude16
02-22-2010, 08:05 PM

Also agree with you here, his album was a great change from the usual rap. Very original and enjoyable. However I personally prefer Lupe Fiasco.... both of them are great though.

Barad
02-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Daft Punk!

IncensedCape
02-23-2010, 04:36 PM

A good musician? Seriously? I cannot name a single Kanye West song that I'd listen to. Rap 'music' sucks, period. Speaking into a microphone doesn't make you a musician...

martdude16
02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
A good musician? Seriously? I cannot name a single Kanye West song that I'd listen to. Rap 'music' sucks, period. Speaking into a microphone doesn't make you a musician...

I could say 'screaming' into a microphone doesn't make you a musician either. I don't like Heavy Metal/Death Metal (sorry not sure what it's called), but I can't say that the acts which fall into that category have no talent, just because that particular genre of music doesn't appeal to me. My friends all seem to love it.

You may not like Rap music and I don't expect everyone too, but to say that rappers have no talent is just silly in my opinion. Sure there a fair few 'Rappers' that aren't great.... but it's the same with every other genre.

By the way i'm not saying that you like Heavy Metal, just using it as an example.

I prefer the Daft Punk (original) version of this track incase anyone was wondering. I prefer 'Around The World' though. :)

xTKWxCanadaEhx
02-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I could say 'screaming' into a microphone doesn't make you a musician either. I don't like Heavy Metal/Death Metal (sorry not sure what it's called), but I can't say that the acts which fall into that category have no talent, just because that particular genre of music doesn't appeal to me. My friends all seem to love it.

What about Dethklok?

ac2565
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Stronger > Daft Punk
IMO.

PointPlaceWI
02-24-2010, 03:37 AM
Daft Punk is so much better then Kanye West anything it's not even funny.

Also the only good joke involving Dane Cook is when he is kicked into a hole and yells, "This is a metaphor of my career!"

Vizniyakerz
02-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Kanye prior Graduation was just boss... But, Daft Punk anytime. lol.

HopedZER0
02-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Daft Punk owns Kanye in every way shape and form period.

Di Di MA0
02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Hasnt Kanye been lynched yet? it's long over due

Juzt Skillz
03-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Daft Punk <3.

Tussell
03-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Hasnt Kanye been lynched yet? it's long over due
This is probably the best post on x360a.

<3

Thegreatest7884
03-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Kanye West ruined the song. Daft Punk is crazy good, and basically defined my taste in 90s music.

Tussell
03-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Man, I am so glad to see the poll at 34-5. I was truly afraid that Kanye would win, just because of his mainstream popularity compared to Daft Punk right now.

Spawn 0f Hell
03-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Were they both "allegedly" kiddy fiddlers then?

APassingShadow
03-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Daft punk rocks I use to have them as my avatar on the forums here. Maybe it's time to change it back....

NawtyCawty
03-04-2010, 05:40 PM

Even better. Michael Jackson vs Gary Glitter.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
03-09-2010, 11:12 PM
What's with the hand gestures the kids are doing at the start of the Kanye video?

Gorilla Stomper
03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Were they both "allegedly" kiddy fiddlers then?

No. They both WERE kiddy fiddlers.

R. Kelly probably still is.

xTKWxCanadaEhx
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
No. They both WERE kiddy fiddlers.

R. Kelly probably still is.

Haters wanna hate
Lovers wanna love
I don't even want
None of the above
I want to piss on you!

R Kelly pisses on people, dude.

Gorilla Stomper
03-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Haters wanna hate
Lovers wanna love
I don't even want
None of the above
I want to piss on you!

R Kelly pisses on people, dude.

So he's into kids and golden showers? Wow that guy is pretty fucked up.

discomartin
03-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Got to be Daft Punk every time.