PDA

View Full Version : EA shutting down the server

NateTraveller
02-18-2010, 04:34 AM
I've heard that EA is soon going to shutdown the server for The Simpsons game. I've planned to buy it in the future (as I'm catching up on old games) and I was wondering if any of the achievements relies on the server being online?

vetteindreams
02-18-2010, 04:42 AM
check the guide to be totally sure, but i thought that this was just a scoreboard

Sampson
02-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't think any of them do. It sucks that they're shutting it down because I had a lot of fun playing this game.

tsydrown
04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
I've heard that EA is soon going to shutdown the server for The Simpsons game. I've planned to buy it in the future (as I'm catching up on old games) and I was wondering if any of the achievements relies on the server being online?

No, they're all available Offline, it's just the scoreboards/leaderboards that require the EA Servers.

I played it earlier today (and for the 3rd time had an "Error" with my Saved Game!) and it wouldn't connect to the EA Servers, whether they're down now is a mystery, but they don't affect gameplay!

Padapolis
04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I can also confirm that achievements are still unlocking for this game. And as a side note I must say that the collecting achievements are aweful. They really took all the fun out of the game.

l.maciver
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
achievements still unlock since its basically an offline game, leaderboards where all that was turned off.

JonnyBgamer
05-02-2010, 03:16 AM
i wonder if they'll do another Simpson game. the TV has staying power but the games tend to be a little lacking i think the Simpson deserve a really good game title