PDA

View Full Version : How hard are the time/recording challenges?

ColdMolasses
02-18-2010, 12:40 PM
So I picked up the demo because from the preview of what I saw it reminded me of Braid. However, it's not as much like it as I thought. Anyways to the question..
How hard are the time and recording challenges?
I ask this because a lot of the games that have "time trial" challenges, I hardly get 100% completion. Any opinions?

jeffy x360a
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
so far they make me take a step back and look. some of the soloutions are right in front of you but you dont see them right away. there not completely easy and not terribly hard so far. im sure they may get harder as you progress.

t4nd4r 360V
02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
It's pretty easy to finish, especially once guides/videos start to appear.

Pteppic
02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
They have nearly the same difficult than the normal story levels. I finished the last one a few moments ago without any big problems

jeffy x360a
02-18-2010, 09:39 PM
do you have to earn medals on them to be considered finished for the achievement?

nfntjy
02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
each stage has one time goal and one recording goal. no medals.

Helg0r
02-19-2010, 10:11 AM
You get medals for beating the challenges though... and yes you have to beat all par times/recordings - but honestly, compared to time trial-challenges in other games this is really an easy task.

toops
02-19-2010, 09:05 PM
if you've played braid, this is a cakewalk

IEvil IMonkey
02-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Need help with my last challenge for 200g... It's in Puzzling Portal Pies (the 4th door) and it's the lvl Den of Delicacies. The one with all the tunnels =/

IEvil IMonkey
02-20-2010, 01:16 PM
haha nevermind!! It's always the way... Ask for help and you do it straight away!

What a fantastic game =)

queeg
03-09-2010, 10:34 AM
I think the challenges are the hardest part of the game, although i did finish the whole story in one sitting with very little trouble. However taking Separate attempts for each challenge makes it a lot easier.
The recording challenges aren't too bad because it just takes a bit of thinking, but i find the time challenges more difficult and a bit stressful because of the time restraint.

damastaf
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I would say medium difficulty, brain speed run being hard. Haven't completed Braids speed run but well you need to the entire game in one sitting basically at a near flawless level. Here you can afford a lot of mistakes and you can even do time/recording seperate. So if you take your time, and do something else when you get frustrated you will get it.

macd
05-06-2011, 11:01 PM
The guides are good, one of the kinda new special techniques you need to master (hitting a hitting clone while the hitting clone hits you so you both go flying) might be a pain in the arse. I certainly find it to be a total damn pain.

However, they are short, can be done separately and generally are not much harder than the main game really. I plan on finishing them soon so I can clear a little HDD space.