PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm new and have a question

Creazil
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I've been with the xbox 360 for over two years and have always used this site but never signed up for it. Now I have, but I have a question.

I go onto my profile from the homepage on this website and there's a thing that says "Gamertag" or something. I click Xbox Link which comes up but it comes up as page not found via xbox.com

I want to link my gamertag with this website, so how do I come about doing that?

Thanks for any trouble.

And I'll probably use these forums quite a lot. :)

CovertDog
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the site. If you look at the green banner you will see User CP. Click that and select Edit Your Details. Scroll down and the last box is were you enter your GT.

Creazil
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the site. If you look at the green banner you will see User CP. Click that and select Edit Your Details. Scroll down and the last box is were you enter your GT.

I tried it. When I do it says I do not have the requirements to view the page. It keeps saying it's restricted. Surely my account has been confirmed and activated? Because I think that's the only problem... but I have no activation emails or anything.

CovertDog
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
You should have gotten an email, but you also shouldn't be able to post unless you confirmed activation. This has me stumped.

Creazil
02-18-2010, 03:49 PM
When I click Edit Details, this is what comes up:

Creazil, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Yes, it has me stumped also. lol

Roxy
02-18-2010, 06:58 PM
When I click Edit Details, this is what comes up:

Creazil, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Yes, it has me stumped also. lol

I am having the exact same problem and I am not seeing any e-mails from the site through a Gmail search of my inbox. The only thing I seem to be able to access is to change/update my e-mail.

Creazil
02-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, Roxy. Exact same thing. That's all I can do also. :( It's a shame because I'd love to have my gamertag set up on this.

Aetros
02-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome :)

A bit weird this situation. I got the email straight after i hit the register button. Have you looked at the garbage thingie on the email? Incase of a filter or something on the mail.

Roxy
02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome :)

A bit weird this situation. I got the email straight after i hit the register button. Have you looked at the garbage thingie on the email? Incase of a filter or something on the mail.

For me, I ended up finding my e-mail by searching for "forum". I had already read it and it said my account was already activated. I tried searching the forums and someone in a similar situation was told to PM Krazie, so I tried that. Haven't heard anything back, but I hope they can fix my problem.

KaelBrawn
02-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Does this have to do with the new "10 post requirement" put in effect recently?

Yunder
02-19-2010, 04:23 AM
Does this have to do with the new "10 post requirement" put in effect recently?

Yes, it does. To edit your details, you must have a post requirement of 10 posts. When you hit that number, you should be able to edit your details. Until then, enjoy posting. :)

Here's some extra details.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=209302

KaelBrawn
02-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Yes, it does. To edit your details, you must have a post requirement of 10 posts. When you hit that number, you should be able to edit your details. Until then, enjoy posting. :)
T'was what I figured. Hope this answered your question Creazil... :D

Creazil
02-19-2010, 12:36 PM

Oh! Thanks Yunder. :)

Roxy
02-19-2010, 03:51 PM

Wow, I did not know about this. Thank you! I feel like a total idiot now.... lol

Yunder
02-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Oh! Thanks Yunder. :)

Wow, I did not know about this. Thank you! I feel like a total idiot now.... lol

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

Doirons Online
02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I had the same problem just now, but I found this post, and it is the 10 post requirement I was having trouble with. Working on it now :)

Scottacious
02-22-2010, 03:21 AM
I had the same problem, thank you.

Gavin TTC956GP
02-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the forum man,
Happy posting...

leonWHAT
02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
10 posts jeepers! this is my first one.
Thanks for answering this I came here in search of this same answer too.
I was a good boy and used the search function ;)

truesushieater
02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
it says I need permission to edit my cp

thejade
02-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Heh i feel really dumb now too :P

Wortsenawl
02-25-2010, 04:25 PM
It is the 10 post rule as I had it too... oddly, I haev about 15 posts, but only 9 in my profile... I just don't get the method of addition used by this site.

spoon_assassin
02-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I agree- Kinda stupid having a ten post rule as, from experience unless you are highly ranked on a forum- or alternatively have a high gamerscore no one will take you seriously

Jules2k9
02-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Well this explains why I can't change anything in my CP, thanks :)

Yunder
02-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Why do you need 10 posts?

In recent weeks, there have been spambots that have been signing up to the forums, and "wrecking" havoc. This disallowed most spambots from showing up. Which it has, exponentially.

EDIT: Oh, and just as a reminder to anyone who's looking to get their post count up; Post Count doesn't count in Member Profiles section of the forums. Posting elsewhere around the site will raise it. Just don't spam...;)

iM A MaNiiAC
02-28-2010, 05:23 AM
I had the exact same problem but thanks for the thread.

weasel7711
03-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I hit 10 posts and it still doesn't work. Maybe this 11th will do it. Either that or I log out and in again.

The Filthy Goat
03-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I was having this exact problem, but I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ's section. In fact I had to find this page by doing a google search with the website name in the search. But at least I know now.

BlowySmoke.
03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey i have been using this site for a bit now and its been great. I was told by a friend to register it was worth doing. So i register and have nothing but problems. i carnt use my user control panel what so eva it keeps telling me to await activation or my account has been disabled. I have actived the account through email still no luck. I have sent a few emails to webmaster but no reply. I can reply to thread THATS IT nothing else. IS there anybody here willing to help or was it a waste of time???:confused::confused::confused: PLZ HELP:confused::confused::confused:

Pushtrak
03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Read the thread. Why ask something when its already been answered?

BlowySmoke.
03-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I KNOW NOW!!! I feel stupid :woop:

doublekill002
03-07-2010, 02:56 AM
You have to post ten times do activate that section of your account.

Th4t_T4||_GuY
03-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Wow, I'm a newbie to the site and needed this very much. Thanks