PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts so far?

SweetBlackMagic
02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
For those who have played it, what are your thoughts? Better than the last DLC? Worth the money?

Outline
02-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Subbed to see.. Chances are I won't be buying this though.

MeeT KurTinZ
02-19-2010, 04:14 AM
I a little bit harder than dlc1.....gotta actually map out your missions carefully and such....

True I Skill
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
For the Price.
Yes its good.
For this DLC I think they Noticed the Title of the game and Realised they needed to make DLC Where you assassinate some one!
You get to assassinate 9 People. You really have to Map some of them out if you want to assassinate the guy stealth. They was pretty fun I feel they ruined some tho When they put your Notority High straight away as soon as you start, You cant move 2 inches without being Caught then the target running off. I also dont think they added a level select. which sucks :( But over all the DLC is fun If you like assassins creed, i dont think there are any acheivments. You get a New area that is pretty cool With a new Thing to use while Climbing, Arround on the rooftops there are Poles pointing off of rooftops, If you run at one of them You bounce off of it and fling yourself a long distance.

Delta438
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I think it's pretty worth it. Although the new skill is basically just running towards a pole sticking out, without requiring you to do anything specific. With 9 people to assassinate, and each under different conditions, it can last you a few hours. Personally, I bought the package with the Templar Lairs, and those 3 maps lasted me another hour.

As the person above me said, you get to explore a new area in the southern area of Florence, and there are 7 new view points to find. My only complaint was that there were no achievements for this DLC, like the previous one. Also, I feel as though this sequence should have been in the game in the first place, but Ubisoft is just ripping us off a few extra bucks.

P.S. I was also surprised that there was no update released for the game due to this DLC. There are some glitches Ubisoft needs to fix. I found that a piece of dialogue wasn't playing properly at the end of the game. (Subtitles are there, but no audio.) Nothing serious though.

darthmarticus
02-19-2010, 10:43 PM
As said above I've had numerous scenes with no audio also. Although I didn't have subtitles on.

HellCatNZ
02-19-2010, 11:29 PM
New jump thing wasnt that great. its fun but useless. the assassinations were good but i felt there wasnt any variablility in the missions. It was all one type. Restricted area and lots of guards which got me quite bored and frustrated. Especially the boat one. plus no achievements and that it didnt follow the plot of the book made me pissed

daishichi
02-22-2010, 05:29 AM
All around: eh. I forgave the last one for being short with not much new expecting this one to be a lot more interesting, and to maybe expand the mystery a bit. Requiring stealth on nearly all kills had me using the ledge kills more (and the haystack kill for the first and only time), but two kills seemed to require that I use the pistol (I blended my way to the doctor and even got the latin prayer cutscene...only to have it tell me I somehow failed).

After killing the nine lieutenants, I expected a badass mission to kill Savonarola himself...and instead I merely chase a guard for the apple like I would a f$#%king pickpocket, then press a button to perform a mercy kill on the villain of the chapter.

Spring jump: completely useless. All around, pretty phoned in. With all the bad calls Ubisoft has made here (no achievements, pricing the bonus map DLC to screw those who bought special editions), I'm starting to his AC 2.5 they're talking about for year end is going to be more of a cash grab than a gift to loyal fans.

irishoh
03-04-2010, 07:06 AM
I had patchy spots where the dialogue audio wasn't working and it wasn't my surround sound. It was only during a couple cut scenes for Bonfire and Battle of Forli . http://xboxamerica.com/imgs/smilies/old-squares/baffled.gif

bblcreator8790
06-06-2010, 05:05 AM
This DLC is worth it, much better than The Battle of Forli.

Jellybean468
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
This DLC was a huge improvement to the first. I liked the gameplay, good price too for 2-3 hours of gameplay.

maximan27
07-24-2010, 06:21 PM
still not worth the money but better than DLC1

takuto neko
08-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Interesting to read what people think.....I am still kinda 'meh' about buying either packs of DLC that are out for this game. This game as actually taken be by suprize with how much I've actually enjoyed what I've played so far which is why I am still unsure if I should buy either DLC considering they are full price.

Shade42
08-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I get the impression from this thread that people by and large think that this dlc was worth the money, perhaps even more so than the first dlc, but without achievements or Mass Effect stye effect on the world at large it is hard for me to justify the purchase.

Do people think these two dlc contributed significantly to the plot of the Assassin's Creed series?

cjdavies
12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
It's challenging, which is great.

Ryuuk GX 57
03-21-2012, 03:12 AM
I thought it was enjoyable but still no achievements.