PDA

View Full Version : Switchball Roadmap

kaleido42
02-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Just wanted to stick this up here for some feedback before submitting it. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc would be appreciated.
EDIT: I guess Switchball must not be too popular anymore :p, I just went and submitted it.

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 9/10
-Offline: 9 (145 :gsicon:)
-Online: 3 (55 :gsicon:)
-Approximate amount of time to 200 :gsicon:: 3-15 hours (still contemplating this)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No difficulty settings
-Glitched achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed?: None

Switchball is a game that most people will find difficult to obtain all of the achievements from. Novice players may find it difficult merely to complete the game, while even the most advanced gamers may experience difficulties getting the gold medals on each and every level. The time required to complete Switchball largely depends on skill and how many tries it will take you to acquire the gold medals.

Introduction:
Switchball is an action game, with a few puzzle elements, that involves moving a ball around on a playing field in order to reach the goal. If you were to play the entire game perfectly, the game could in theory be finished in only one playthrough. If you need to replay part of the game, which you likely will, you can replay whichever levels you need instead of starting again from the beginning.

Step 1: Offline
In order to obtain all of the offline achievements in one playthrough you will need to complete every singleplayer level getting a gold medal on each level. For help in regards to earning a gold medal on each level please refer to THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44190) thread (Note, the videos in the thread are for the PC version, but the two games are similar enough that you still should be able to obtain all of the gold medals). The only other thing to watch out for on your offline playthrough is that you will need to find three hidden paths. They should come naturally to you if you are trying to obtain your gold medals, but if you are still experiencing difficulties please refer to the Spyglass achievement in the achievement guide below.

Step 2: Online
For the online portion of Switchball you will need to win 10 online ranked races and complete all of the cooperative levels. To switch between ranked matches and player matches press :ybut: before creating or searching for a game. Switchball’s online mode is pretty well dead so your best chance of finding a match will be in the achievement trading thread located HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44765). Compared to the singleplayer levels, the online levels are very easy to complete and should present no challenge.

Conclusion:
At this point you should have all of the achievements for Switchball if you followed this roadmap. If you are missing any achievements you may want to double check that you have not missed playing any of the single player levels, which can happen in Skyworld. If you did not receive the Speedball Medal and Honor Medal achievements double check that you played ranked races, it’s a common mistake that people play Player Matches instead. If you are still experiencing any problems please refer to the achievement guide below.

cloud72
11-30-2010, 03:34 AM
seems like a fine guide, i just wish someone who has got gold on all levels could put up some videos of their runs to help as the PC versions on youtube really dont for the later levels because of all the shortcuts they cut out

Never2Blazed
01-20-2012, 03:09 PM
good guide, thanks

cloud72
12-19-2012, 04:50 PM
finally got 200g on this game, if you're really looking to do it i'd suggest the gold medal walkthrough on trueachievements website as that was what really helped me get the golds.

ChickinOnaChain
12-19-2012, 04:52 PM
finally got 200g on this game.
Way to go! I like this game but for me, it's SOOO difficult. Fun but difficult.