PDA

View Full Version : Belmont's Revenge Help

Falk3r
02-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I've made it through half the Belmont playthrough, but I'm stuck. See the map below for exactly where. As I progress to the far right, tall column to climb... I cannot survive the climb upward.

The winged archers appear and either I inadvertently jump into them, get shot while trying to kill them, or fall down and they de-spawn only to re-spawn as I attempt to climb further.

Any advice? Any videos available showing a successful attempt?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3142/inverted2006.jpg

Facetious T OSU
02-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Basically, I wouldn't even go that direct. When you start the inverted castle, work in a clockwise motion, towards the Castle Wall, then through the Marble Gallery to the Clock Tower. Here's a guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/937723/8168

It took me about 1 hour game time, 4 in reality, to get this achievement. Mainly because I was screwing around in the first castle before I found this. Trust me, it's rough, but it's straightforward.

OmegaJAB
03-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Facetious, just because you are a recent poster on here, i see you have 200/200 on SOTN, can you look at my pictures i posted in the 200.6 thread and see if you can tell what I'm missing. I have all the achievements except 200.6

Dany1981Mtl
03-03-2010, 07:34 AM
I used the same exact route in the inverted castle that Facetious T OSU posted with the link. I tried the other way through the Inverted Chapel/Colosseum but those Ghost Archers/Imp always killed me. I also had trouble with the fast uppercut move, i never found the right spot when i jumped, i always hit the platforms on the side with my "head" and fallen back to the bottom of the chapel.

Make sure you use the hydro storm (Y button with the holy water) in the room with the medusas/clothing knights, in the room with the traps (because of the nova skeletons) and in the hallway with the guardians because you can die easily there

The save the game before fighting the Shaft

Dragon Lee
05-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Best way to clear this is the best way to do the entire Richter playthrough....Spam the Hell outta Holy Water item crash!

I would just get as many of the winged archers on screen as i could and holy water them and those annoying mini demons. Thank god I finish as Richter now I never gotta do it again lol

K3587
05-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Going through the clock tower has been suggested, but I think the floating knights there would be even more annoying. The best move to master is his little flying X mid-air dash, which seems to do the most damage, makes you temporarily invulnerable, and helps you move forward and potentially skip enemies. Uppercut jumping and X dashing was how I not only killed most everything in the chapel, but breezed through it without damage. Learn the timing and you can handle it.

Rookieplayer
06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Awesome posts. I've been trying to figure out how to get through the castle to get the Belmount achievement.

THE 1 2 P
07-03-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm stuck in the same place as Falk3r. However, my biggest mistake was that I didn't branch off into the Olrox's Room while traveling up the Royale Chapel. I actually got to the sword room(where theres the big sword) in the Royale Chapel and went to the top right as opposed to the top left where I would have found a save room just a few short rooms away. I'm going to give it another try. This is the last achievement I need for 100% achievement completion.

Didi Mau
07-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Basically, I wouldn't even go that direct. When you start the inverted castle, work in a clockwise motion, towards the Castle Wall, then through the Marble Gallery to the Clock Tower. Here's a guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/937723/8168

It took me about 1 hour game time, 4 in reality, to get this achievement. Mainly because I was screwing around in the first castle before I found this. Trust me, it's rough, but it's straightforward.

The route mentioned in this guide was the one I used, and it is honestly really easy if played patiently. Just ignore everything else written in there other than the route; if you take your time and only attack using the whip and holy water item crash, you shouldn't be hit more than a couple times through the whole thing (you will need to become semi-competent at using his super-jump uppercut thing though, to get through the gear rooms quickly). Those other special moves are just to get through it quickly, but you'll get yourself killed if you use them without mastering them first and you could finish the game in the time it takes to practice that :p

The guide also uses the item crash about four or five times in total, because it's a speed run. I had enough hearts on me to use the item crash like eight times, and then right before the final rooms leading to the clock there is a room without enemies where you can farm hearts to use another six or so crashes to clear the final, hardest enemies.

If I get enough time today I'll write up a guide for this detailing tips for each of the "problem" rooms step by step, otherwise I'll have it done over the next week. I would've got this achievement on my very first attempt but there was a special item candle in the gear room that a super-jump can accidentally pick up and replace your holy water with which I didn't notice and unfortunately saved on. I tried going through with that instead but it's no use, the holy water really does make it ten times easier.