View Full Version : Chapter six impossible without upgrades?

02-20-2010, 09:35 PM
So playing on hard as the game is quite easy with no upgrades. I get to Chapter six where you fight guys as you fall from the plane. I simply do not have the health nor the upgraded weapons it takes to kill all the guys. I've done real well a few times with the barrels but it simply adds up and I can't make it.

Since you can't upgrade at this point nor is there any manual saves to resort to, the game is pretty much broken for me. It's a shame really, the game was pretty fun.

If you have beat this section on hard with no upgrades, I'd love to hear how you did it.

xLoCk 0nx
02-27-2010, 03:22 AM
This game really requires multiple playthroughs regardless of how fast you want to get achievements. I played it through on hard first, and even with upgrades it was challenging at parts. This then unlocks Golden Bullets mode (30G) and Femme Fatale (60G) which adds another 2 full playthroughs. I managed to accumulate the 50k for the achievement in my Golden Bullets playthrough. And then it basically takes a further playthrough doing Points Count mode for 3 achievements.

So my advice is don't give up altogether. You were on mission 6 which is just about half way through so you can do those missions again - but do them with upgrades on your first playthrough! Use golden bullets mode to get the 50k achievements and all upgrades achievements, coz you're unlikely to get either of those on your first playthrough anyway.

03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Just to clear something up, I can go back and replay chapter 5 and it will let me do upgrades which will than carry over to chapter 6?

xLoCk 0nx
03-02-2010, 02:16 AM
How do you intend to go back to level 5?

03-02-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd just start over again. It's only 5 levels, and you can pretty much fly through them, especially as you have found them quite easy.

Just upgrade the pistols first, then health and then Sword damage. After that, you can pretty much spend on whatever you want, though I would suggest maxing out your SMG's purely for chapter 11, which can be a really frustrating level.

Don't give up on the game! I admit it's a bit of a pain, and perhaps an oversight by the developers, but the game does frequently prompt you to upgrade your weapons and skills.

xLoCk 0nx
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Indeed. Though I'd recommend upgrading health before pistols first. The more health you have, the more you have to lose. In femme fatale I was pretty much always in Slow Mo - the enemies move a lot faster and hit you all the time other wise.