PDA

View Full Version : i have a feeling we will see Master Chief.

ethanl2k7
02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
if this truly is Bungie's last Halo, i think there isnt any way possible that they could leave us unknowing of how epic the Chief could look in a billion pixels. He's the face of Bungie's money so i think in one way shape or form, we will see him in Halo:Reach. What do you people think, Is he going to make a crazy appearance or is Bungie going to "erase" an icon?

TaytaMalikai
02-21-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm pretty sure he does jack all on the surface (since he volunteered for a space op to protect NAV data), but we might see him in space or as a cameo. But the game is supposed to focus on Noble Team, and so I don't believe Master Chief will make any large appearances. (Especially since Noble Team is just as capable as him.)

CMCX360
02-21-2010, 01:28 AM
I do believe Brian Jarrard said that the Chief will not appear in this game.

Ace Of Dawn
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Besides, it's not like Master Chief's appearance was anything unique in Halo. Just customize your armor appearance to Mark V and viola.

The most I am expecting is what they did in ODST, and give you a nice reference as to where the Chief is at (In Amber Clad during the drop).

IWHBYD
02-22-2010, 03:32 AM
It was confirmed that there will be no MC in Reach, it's on the front page news right now.

Cypher_Cobra
02-22-2010, 07:55 AM
That is so lame. MC and Halo are the same thing.

mmartynn
02-22-2010, 10:25 AM
MC wont be in it. been confirmed soo many times now. and if u read the books, he was in reach's orbit.
bungie have said that they will eventually finish his story, but not yet.

Ace Of Dawn
02-23-2010, 04:45 AM
MC wont be in it. been confirmed soo many times now. and if u read the books, he was in reach's orbit.
bungie have said that they will eventually finish his story, but not yet.
Eh, no. Bungie has said that the Chief's story arc is done and over with. There will be no "finishing" it since it is finished.

mmartynn
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
^^ watch all the interviews after halo 3, to do with ODST and reach, read alot of the bungie updates and buy a few mags, there are alot of hints at the continue of MCs story.

my favourite: "we havent said were not finishing master chiefs story, were just not doing it at the moment. so stop asking for him in ODST" - interview in edge, just after ODST was announced

mejimmeh45
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
he most likely wont be their but I'm sure his armour is avaliable for multiplayer.

frogcrazyant
03-02-2010, 10:49 PM
...i dont see why they cant be nice and give him a little cameo appearance.. there are being so harsh with him not being in the game! :(

Kunduz
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll think he will make a brief cameo apperance, nothing more

Joey2594
03-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Tbh, I think Master Chief will end up being one of the spartans in the squad you are playing. Except at the time, he wasn't MC yet. Still in early development stages.

^^Just my view.

Ace Of Dawn
03-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Tbh, I think Master Chief will end up being one of the spartans in the squad you are playing. Except at the time, he wasn't MC yet. Still in early development stages.

^^Just my view.
Well, no.

He isn't even on the surface of Reach. Reach is basically a month before the first Halo, there is no early development stages at this point.

xCurvingBulletx
03-05-2010, 06:46 AM
mabye you will get to see him before they even thought of making the chief you know? this what i picture, the noble team are walking through there space station and whilst the camera follows them you notice i random solidier in the back ground aka john-117(i think that was his name before he was chief)

Ace Of Dawn
03-05-2010, 09:35 PM
mabye you will get to see him before they even thought of making the chief you know? this what i picture, the noble team are walking through there space station and whilst the camera follows them you notice i random solidier in the back ground aka john-117(i think that was his name before he was chief)
No, see, at this point in time, he has already been through plenty of missions. Reach literally leads into the first Halo game. John isn't a random soldier at this point.

In fact, as far as I recall, the Chief was already on the Pillar of Autumn during reach, was briefly in space to recover some information on a wrecked space station, went back on board the Autumn, and made a jump to Halo.

All I am expecting is what they did for ODST in that you know where the chief is at specifically at this time (You see In Amber Clad in the very beginning with Regret's ship, telling you the Chief is right there.) You never see him, but you don't have to.

Atroxx70
03-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm ok with Chief not being in the game, I just wish they would give us another actual character with an actual name and an actual voice. I absolutely despise this whole "nameless faceless rookie" thing that so many games go with. I just can't feel like I'm making a real impact on the world I'm in without a name and voice.

balance13
03-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Some people sure need to do their halo research :p

Kaiyo
03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Why do we want to see the Chief when his story in Reach was in orbit? We got 6 spartans (1 S-II and the rest SIII) to use and work with.

ethanl2k7
03-11-2010, 02:43 AM
i think nintendo is going to make a game called Mushroom Kingdom and exclude mario next, this is sooo gay!! but i wont stop me from buying the game, looks way too awesome.

allen_walker12
03-11-2010, 04:15 AM
it should be an interesting one with or without mc

ethanl2k7
03-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Why do we want to see the Chief when his story in Reach was in orbit? We got 6 spartans (1 S-II and the rest SIII) to use and work with.

so 6 s3 who die or 1 s2 who saves the entire galaxy? thats a close one.

Ace Of Dawn
03-14-2010, 08:28 PM
i think nintendo is going to make a game called Mushroom Kingdom and exclude mario next, this is sooo gay!! but i wont stop me from buying the game, looks way too awesome.

so 6 s3 who die or 1 s2 who saves the entire galaxy? thats a close one.

The problem with that comparison is that the Halo has already set up that while the Chief's part of the universe is notable, it's far from the only one, and isn't the only huge story, either. There are plenty of other aspects in the universe that are arguably just as, if not more, interesting.

On top of that, while the Master Chief does go one to essentially save the galaxy, he hasn't yet. And the fact hat Bungie has said he won't appear means that at most, he'll have small little scene. He hardly did much of anything in regards to Reach that was awe-inspiring or impressive.

In the end, you're looking at the end of the story, without actually thinking about how they get there. Yes, we all know Reach falls. But like Anakin, that isn't what we're there for, we're playing the game to see how it falls. To see what is going on during those moments.

The Chief's story is won and done. Honestly speaking, I am happy for it. It was a great trilogy, but the Halo story is so expansive, it's almost stupid to get hung up on him.

In the end, it's like focusing on America's fights during World War II. Yes, the US is somewhat of turning point. But in the end, we can't focus on them winning the war. The Soviet Union won it, if anything. In the end, it was a joint effort. The Master Chief is a pointless story point in this particular story.

ReaLiStiiC
03-24-2010, 02:54 AM
I don't think they are going to have him in Reach. But if he is, I bet it will only be for like 5 secs on the ship outside of Reach never actually there with the other Spartans.

Spanish Assault
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
If the game is anything like the book, he should make an appearance....I mean come on..he is the MC!!

JohnnyR74
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm glad Bungie is moving on from the Master Chief. If you think about it, he is a really boring character to follow around for 3 games.

II CATO II
03-27-2010, 02:34 AM
They should show him at the very end of the game. While Reach and those "loser/non-MC" spartans are being turned into molten glass.

Bridge, Pillar of Autumn - Over the shoulder shot of 117 as Reach burns, 117 gravely says: "They should have sent me."

Roll credits

Bungie thanks you for finishing the fight.......then going back in time and fighting a battle you can't win. :drunk

ethanl2k7
03-27-2010, 09:43 PM
They should show him at the very end of the game. While Reach and those "loser/non-MC" spartans are being turned into molten glass.

Bridge, Pillar of Autumn - Over the shoulder shot of 117 as Reach burns, 117 gravely says: "They should have sent me."

Roll credits

Bungie thanks you for finishing the fight.......then going back in time and fighting a battle you can't win. :drunk

something like that is what i mean, i know he wasnt there (thanks to all the total geek kids who read the book, hahahahah FAGS). but a cameo or something

OG Baker224
03-27-2010, 09:51 PM
yup i think he will b in every halo game that comes out

Ace Of Dawn
03-28-2010, 04:14 AM
something like that is what i mean, i know he wasnt there (thanks to all the total geek kids who read the book, hahahahah FAGS). but a cameo or something
You're a real piece of work there, buddy...

Atroxx70
03-28-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm glad Bungie is moving on from the Master Chief. If you think about it, he is a really boring character to follow around for 3 games.

As opposed to the nameless faceless "rookie" that never talks? Yeah that's way more interesting :rolleyes:

They want to move away from the Chief? Fine by me, but give us a damned replacement at least. Without a name, voice, or backstory I just can't feel like I'm making a real impact on the game's story. Take ODST for example, if the rookie had died on impact, the storyline would've played out more or less exactly the same way. This is why playing as the Chief is so enjoyable for me personally. I really felt like a hero, that I was really making a difference in the fight.

In my opinion, this is probably the single most boneheaded decision they could possibly have made in regards to Reach.

D.A.N.
03-29-2010, 05:37 AM
I think when you beat Legendary you will see a little cameo scene the way Sgt. Johnson had in ODST.

greenarrowfilms
04-02-2010, 04:34 AM
im expecting a whole other game with him in it i mean this is a billion dollar series there not gonna let the reason it sells fall through the cracks its bungie there gonna do something with him

Ace Of Dawn
04-02-2010, 05:28 AM
im expecting a whole other game with him in it i mean this is a billion dollar series there not gonna let the reason it sells fall through the cracks its bungie there gonna do something with him
Ah, but that's the brilliant thing about Bungie.

"We makes games that we want to play"

It's there motto/slogan/company policy. And they know full well that the Master Chief does not make a Halo game. And if it doesn't succeed because it doesn't feature what essentially equates to a silent protagonist that isn't remarkable by Spartan standards and contributed nothing to Reach, then they messed up somewhere else.

x0SugarBear0x
04-06-2010, 05:54 AM
My thoughts:
I don't believe we will SEE cheif at all in the game... BUT I do believe we will HEAR about cheif in the game... Correct me if I'm wrong but Reach was where the Spartans trained, and people knew all about this on Reach, he will be mentioned, like an easter egg.

brushy platypus
04-11-2010, 08:43 AM
I think that he might be in one cutscene or something, but even if he is, it really doesnt matter, we know he doesnt do anything in this game, so why is it such a big deal.

In the end, you're looking at the end of the story, without actually thinking about how they get there. Yes, we all know Reach falls. But like Anakin, that isn't what we're there for, we're playing the game to see how it falls. To see what is going on during those moments.

Dude, completly off topic, but i love the star wars reference in that explanation. The whole comparison fits perfectly, too, by the way,nicley done.

KAMIKAZE T0KY0
04-11-2010, 10:27 AM
I hope it ends with a cutscene with master chief i would love that so much
i hope i dont cry when all the spartans die =(

Ace Of Dawn
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Dude, completly off topic, but i love the star wars reference in that explanation. The whole comparison fits perfectly, too, by the way,nicley done.
Haha, thank you. As I was writing it, I was trying to think of something, and the Prequel Trilogy popped right into my head. Couldn't think of a better example.

Halon330
04-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I can play Reach with or without MC. I just wish they would give him a face. A nice way to release this face would be a picture or statue of him holding his helmet, rather than wearing it.

I just bothers me how much the Chief and I have been through and I still don't know what he looks like.

brushy platypus
04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
I agree so much with you Halon330, that would be the perfect way to do it too.