Computer Problem

KMB 316

so yesterday i woke up all is fine went on my computer in my room checked the forums, then i had to move everything out of my room since i was painting, so i unplugged this extension coard without a worry, then i noticed that was to the power strip that my computer ws plugged into to, so i was like no worry it shouldnt hurt my computer, so after everything is painted i go and hook my computer back up, and WHAM! it freezes at that windows xp "welcome" screen everytime(the blue one that says welcome)", was really quite annoyed, so i started it up and safemode and it ran fine so i was like WTF?? so i tried to run it in normal mode and it froze again and again, so i went back into safemode and did a system restore twice..and that did nothing, so i was really annoyed now and decided to pull out my boot disks(its an old computer so i need boot disks lol) and it wont even read those and im like wtf???

anyone know whats wrong??

oh yeah for some reason even when computer is not on the power lights flash, i would guess that meant like a hardware problem or something but everything is intact.