PDA

View Full Version : Married xboxers and separate leaderboard

Motenai
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Good afternoon everybody,

I've been following you guys for a long time now, but today I decided -with your permission- to join your community.

And the very first thing to say is that I am very disappointed that I cannot see 2 different and separated leaderboards: 1 for singles and the other for couples already married (or living together, etc.).

The reason is quite self-explanatory. Videogames compete, at home, with C.S.I. (not bad, I like it), House (not bad, I like it also), That-girl-that-can-see-spirits-and-helps-sending-them-away (can't remember the name in english, don't like it very much), Grey's Anatomy (ehem xD) and all the classic folklore stuff (Big Brother, X-Factor and the like, etc etc).

So, for being married and considering I can only play when my life is sleeping (around 23:00, 23:30), I am INMENSELY PROUD of my 15k points in my scoreboard, and I'm so sure I could be on the top-50 of the married-leaderboard.

For that unique but I feel truly important reason, I want this to be considered VERY SERIOUSLY by admins and webmasters.

Greetings from Spain.

Married power.

Motenai

P.S. :-)

Shaaady Souljah
03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I give you a lot of credit for being married and still having a pretty high score, but a lot of our members are married and either play a lot still or play casually. I don't think a leaderboard would be necessary, as it would not have that large of a list of people...but you are definitely welcome to start up discussions or threads about your game experiences.

If we start a married leaderboard, then we are going to need a divorced board, a deaf person board, a one armed board, a engaged board, etc... everyone will start demanding one since there would be a married one. So I think one is the best policy...

Just my opinion. :)

CC99999
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
I agree with Shady, I'm married as well- but I think many people are.

I think 15K is a good total regardless of your status- but you'd be surprised- some of the people way up on the leaderboard are older non-traditional gamers. many of whom are probably married.

Motenai
03-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I give you a lot of credit for being married and still having a pretty high score, but a lot of our members are married and either play a lot still or play casually. I don't think a leaderboard would be necessary, as it would not have that large of a list of people...but you are definitely welcome to start up discussions or threads about your game experiences.

If we start a married leaderboard, then we are going to need a divorced board, a deaf person board, a one armed board, a engaged board, etc... everyone will start demanding one since there would be a married one. So I think one is the best policy...

Just my opinion. :)

Haha, you should have taken my :-) more seriously :-P But again, married powah xD

P1NSEEKER
03-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Moved to faq section ;)

Buttcheeks
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I understand man it is tough to find the time with the wife and kids always looking to do something or steal the tv. I am married with 2 kids and my score is over 38,000. Wreckon is married with many kids and his score is far and above mine. Less tv and more xbox thats my motto. I play for about 2 to 3 hours a night during the week and maybe 5 or so hours on saturdays and sundays. Just tell her to watch tv in the other room because that usually works. LoL

Wreckon Dracgon
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Married here as well with four little ones to boot. Get yourself a sleeping disorder like me it does wonders for the gamerscore.

Ohh and the show your thinking about is Ghost Whisper. God I hate that I know that.

nihilbynumbers
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
a one armed board

Can we do this?
I'd like a plays with toes board also =P

Motenai
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok, so everybody is telling me that I have a nice gamerscore for being married... but could anyone with actually a LOWER score than me post here and make me feel a little better, please? :-P Thanks in advance.

I play around 1,5 hours at nights, but I have to split my time with my PC, since I write for a spanish videogames magazine and I have to review quite a few crappy games as well :-P

Anyway guys, gratz for your score. And since I see people with 4 kids I'm starting to feel a lot relieved now. So there IS actually a chance to play even with 4 kids... :-)

BTW, too bad we only have one tv in our flat (a nice Pioneer 43' plasma, although). I like it pretty much to have my wife sleeping right next to me on the sofa while I play, I feel a lot better than moving to another room and leaving her alone. We do not spend so much time together because of each other's jobs, so even if she's tired and sleeping I enjoy her presence at my side.

Motenai

ScottEvil30
03-13-2007, 04:22 PM
May as well be married. Live with my girlfriend and we have three kids. My gaming is done in the disgusting hours of the day. 1am onwards.

Blind Fool
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Ok, so everybody is telling me that I have a nice gamerscore for being married... but could anyone with actually a LOWER score than me post here and make me feel a little better, please? :-P Thanks in advance. Just to make you happy fella ;)

Gunstar Chaos
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm married and my score is close to yours so I'll post. lol I agree with what everyone is saying though. My finally just asked my wife if she'll watch her show (Grey's Anatomy, etc.) in the bedroom. But now even if she didn't I could just go play in the bedroom, so I'm great all-around.

Tron
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
bought my wife two DVR's and a tv, problem solved. i can play until i have to make her dinner... i know.

Curtis
03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
In my opinion, I don't see why such a seperation is needed. We all share the same passion as each other in playing games, gamerscore, and achievements etc.

Like people have said, Can we have a 1 armed leaderboard aswell? It would be kind of like making a leaderboard for people with ginger hair. Kind of an uneeded segregation for me.

I'm not married BTW.

SteelerXBox360
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
I have to hear crap about it everyday, so I am a late-night gamer myself and on the 2 nights a week she works, Wed. and Sat.

The "mute" button is also handy when she comes in the room :)

One leaderboard is fine with me as we are all one community here, no need for fractions...

The Pants Party
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
It's tougher when you're married with only one TV to get a high score though. I leave my wife upstairs to watch Gilmore Girls or Days of Our Lives and all that junk while I play downstairs, then we watch good shows like Heroes and House and whatnot, then I get to play more after she goes to bed.

JonnyC VT
03-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Or ya could go the "Honey, this XBOX stuff is really great! You should play too!" route. My lady and I have only been together a couple years but she started off with little knowledge of the gaming sort. Now she's playing shooters and action games and is getting into the whole gamer score thing too, just joined the site recently as well.

If she can't beat you, join you! (Does that make any sense?)

Im a Manatee
03-14-2007, 02:05 AM
bought my wife two DVR's and a tv, problem solved. i can play until i have to make her dinner... i know.

Loser.

We need a children's and adult leader board.

CovertDog
03-14-2007, 10:04 AM
You can do what I do. Just tell her "Listen up!!! I'am the man of the house and I do what I want when I want." Dam. Where is the Delete button. She just came in the roo.....OUCH!!!:p

xVanished
03-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Married here as well with four little ones to boot. Get yourself a sleeping disorder like me it does wonders for the gamerscore.

Ohh and the show your thinking about is Ghost Whisper. God I hate that I know that.

It's called Ghost WhisperER, i know, lol ,

AND no i dont watch it, my mom does.

Rocket
03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
I can see where you're coming from man, but its not that big of a deal....like someone mentioned above though, I could actually see the reasoning for a youth/adult leaderboard....take into account that a lot of the youth have nothing better to do (granted, there are a lot of us older folk who are in the same boat) than play video games..no job, parents buy the games, they can account to massive scores...but I don't see anything happening like this, but its food for thought

Mr Arrow
03-14-2007, 02:53 PM
You can do what I do. Just tell her "Listen up!!! I'am the man of the house and I do what I want when I want." Dam. Where is the Delete button. She just came in the roo.....OUCH!!!:p

Awsome!

Doesn't she have dishes or laundry to do....

(Reminds me of a joke:

What's the first thing a woman does when she leaves the battered womens shelter?

The dishes! If she's smart!)

Kaens
03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey, I like that show! JLH for the win!

Phrozan
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I am a recently married xbox 360 user. I was married last November and I live in Minnesota so during the summer months I don't play as much. I quit playing FFXI in May of 2006 and that was a hard adjustment for me, but I didn't have a girlfriend at the time and was out partying and whatnot. Now less than a year later I have a 29 y/o wife, and 3 kids (9,7,5). The kids were all hers from a previous marriage and I am 26 years of age. I have just been getting back into video games after like four months off last year. She yells at me when I play right when I get home from work, and I am like hey I use to be able to play from right after work until I went to bed every night. I know I chose this life, but it is just frustrating sometimes when I help out around the house all the time. I am the man of the house and I vaccum every week, dust, do laundry pretty much daily, and cook quite a bit. She should at least give me my peace and let me play some video games then. I am in the process of looking for a new house within the next year here, and I am definitely going to make sure there is a nice finsihed basement where I can sit and play video games on my own time.

That is part of my 2 cents and I know I am a newer registered user to this site, so I thought all of you could get a better since of what my life is like. later all and nice to meet you all!

Motenai
03-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Yesterday we had Ghost Whisperer on TV, so I couldn't go any further in myy veteran camapaign of CoD 3. BTW, I'm about to finish it... hopefully :-P

TheSneakyKnight
03-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Im recently married, so thats the end of my gamerscore run. and im still just behind you Motenai. ill be happy if i manage to get to 15000 anytime soon. I agree with Motenai though (only cos then i might be a little higher) but i can see where everyone else is coming from.

Worm99
03-15-2007, 10:51 PM
The robot gamer from the future cooks WTF?!?!?!?!? lol
I know the feeling I get off from work around 530 and she doesn't get off till 8 so I get about 2 good hours in and then it comes to an abrut end :(

Tripl299
03-16-2007, 02:58 AM
I just got married last april. At that time, I only had like 6000 or 7000 gamerscore. As you can see, now I'm almost up to 35000. Less then a year later. I'm like "I'm the man of the house, I pay all of the bills I can play whenever when I want!!" I wish I could say that. I do pay the bills, but she doesn't mind me playing. She just hates when I go on 4 day bings of nothing of xbox. I usually play during the day and before she gets home from work. We do have like 4 tvs in the house(living room, our bedroom, son's bedroom, and daughter's bedroom) She works on saturday nights and sundays so those are to big gaming days for me. She really doesn't say to much about it, because she says it is better then me sitting in a bar getting drunk and having other women hitting on me. She is the best wifer ever!! And I'm on my third one!! but, my last one!! she said until death does us part. she said that this is her first marriage and it will be her last. One of us will be dead before it is over.

Irondiesel58
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
How about a list for Married , Kids and a Full time job List leader boards. :)
I wanted Microsoft to have a list for achievements compaired to time actualy playing.
Like if you have 10,000 points and you played for 1000 hours is alot more impressive then a younger player who has the same 10,000 but played 30,000 hours.

Phantom Tulaba
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Why are all you guys letting your women push you around? Maybe you can look around the house for your balls while the wife is away... LOL! He who pays the bills makes the rules...

angry
04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I am also married and only had my 360 6 months and i not far of 10k not bad h?. :)

exorr
04-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm married as well. My wife normally falls asleep around 10pm and then I game for 4-5 hours. No kids yet, but who knows when that will change :)

I currently work for a company based in Andover, MA and I live right outside Albany, NY. So I work from my house, which means I can roll out of bed at 8:59 and be to work at 9 :)

I love it, can't tell you how many times I've showered AFTER work just so my wife doesn't see me as a stinky at home all the time bum.

To add though, I hardly ever game when my wife is home after work (weekends are different) but, since she falls asleep early, I get around it :woop:

exorr
04-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I am also married and only had my 360 6 months and i not far of 10k not bad h?. :)

Ditto angry. Had my 360 for 5 months so I'm on the same path as you :)

Farrmark
04-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm married with a small child and my score is lower than yours :)

However, I've only had my 360 since September so it's a pretty rapid increase in score :D

TS xManiaC
04-11-2007, 02:34 AM
I admire all you married guys, im only 15 and i only have like 7000 haha :)

BlaZiN cdn
04-11-2007, 03:18 AM
i think we should also have a leaderboard for tall people and short people:)

ZyNLeX
04-11-2007, 03:41 AM
i think we should also have a leaderboard for tall people and short people:)

So what about the people who are just average?

lolz

Joey Jeckel
04-11-2007, 03:44 AM
I'm as good as married, young son, and I work. Most of my gaming is done late at night, but I moved a second tele into the lounge for when she watches all the shows that were mentioned.

She's pretty good with my gaming, the only rule is no videochat late at night, just incase she wanders out...

luggs69
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
i dont belive the should be a seperate leader board we are all equal gamers married or not i dont have a big gamerscore and dont try to push for the best gamerscore on the leaderboard because where has it gotten people? all they get is abused because all people say you have done is game saved so if anyone can tell me what speacial prize you get for becoming the gamer at the top of the leaderboard then i will begin to at least try and push for a bigger gamerscore.

Bliven
04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm married with two kids and only get time to play when everyone is sleeping. I am competing with a single friend of mine and it is hard because he can sit there all day and night and rack up 1500 points. I play when I can.

Bliven
04-12-2007, 09:25 PM
That was my first post. I didn't have my signature setup yet. I've had my 360 since Jan 06 and I had less than 100 gamerscore before Dec 06. I have been playing the hell out of it since. Late at night of course.

BlaZiN cdn
04-13-2007, 03:11 AM
So what about the people who are just average?

lolz

easy... they dont go on that leaderboard:p

celr831
04-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Funniest sh*t ever! Anyways, I work at night, go to school during the day, live with my girl of 4 year (no ring), play xbox and my Wii. I was playing the original xbox when she meet me and I continue to play now. I have the TV(42" LCD with the Yamaha YSP 1000 surround system) in the bed room and get no lip from my women! I am what I am and if she leaves me my 360 will keep me busy and happy until the next girl walks into my life! But my current girl is cool and doesn't complain.

Also I would never ever get my women in gaming and I will tell you why. because then she will take up all my time with my 360! That's that!