Predator combat tips for nightmare spoilers

Day Allan

well my xbox has broken so i decided to make a guide on completing the predator campaign on nightmare.

First thing is fighting aliens, u will do this a lot. What u dont want to do is use ur plasma caster when they are close, coz it will cause both the alien damage and urself damage, but if u see them coming towards u from a distance u can use it then. But when fighting close, use ur block (rb lb) hold that until it looks like the alien is charging an attack up then use ur light attack (lb) to hit it try and it hit 2 times. Also when the alien is near u stay blocked and when the alien does a light attack then it should get stunned and then u wanna attack again hitting it 2 times.

A alien normally takes around 6 7 hits and this is the easiest way to kill them without taking any damage.

For marines if there is a lot of them all closely bunched then i would take them out using my plasma caster, killing the one that is more or less at the back of the group then jump to a different location and take out the others. U dont really want to fight these unless they cant see u. u just need to stay somewhere safe, call a distraction over to u drop down and stealth kill do the same for them all or use the plasma cannon. both ways can get u seen so u just need to be careful which marine u go for.

Queen boss fight - well this is hard coz she will kill u if she hits u once, so when u start off in the trail jump up to the highest place then drop down away from the queen so u will to turn 180 degrees to see her, the place u want to do this is in the middle and then if done correctly then when the queen fires her spilt acid then it should just the wall behind u, when i did this the queen stayed behind me so she didnt really have a chance to fight me. use ur disc on her twice before she calls her aliens then try and stay on top on the wall and just block the aliens attack unless its a heavy the attack 2 times and block again. stay in alien vision for this so then u can see the aliens and the queen easy

Predalien - really easy run away from the predalien and then turn to face it and fire ur plasma cannon at it and when its one jump away from u run away again until it jumps away to destroy the building if u can find it when its doing that u can do a lot of damage and when it jumps down fire as many plamsa cannons as u can until its close then run away.

this looks a lot like what I posted no more than an hour ago in another thread asking about Predator on Nightmare... I'm going to post that here, more info is always helpful.

Predator was pretty easy, Melee with Aliens was easy after figuring it out, just hold block, and wait for thier attack, if it is light, counter, if it is heavy then use a light just like MP. Hit them twice with a quick then go back to your block, any more and they will counter you. DONT Trophy or stealth kill unless you are absolutely sure there is nothing else around, that takes too much time. Once you get the Combi Stick, the rest is a cakewalk. For Marines, try to distract one and get him/her close to the other then charge your Plasma Caster and you can usually take out 2 with one hit.

Here are some hard parts I have heard people complaining about... and how I got through them on Nightmare...

The first Alien encounter (dousing the flames) hit the pipe right away with the battle disc, and get on the well lit grate area, don't worry too much about killing, but more about blocking, try to keep them all in front of you, if they heavy, counter it, throw the battle disc and put your block back up. Keep your eye on the flames, it doesn't take long and they are out. Sprint to the end of the hallway then turn around and finish off the 3-4 Aliens that follow with whatever you have left. I saved my plasma caster for this part, and used it in combination with the disc.

For the first pretorean fight, just stay on top of the columns and spam your Battle Disc, it shouldn't ever climb up to you, and the other Aliens can almost never hit you, just keep jumping back and forth to get good hits.

The pyramid with what seems like endless Aliens isn't... you can fight them til they are gone, but the best way is just to ignore the enemies altogether (unless they attack you) and just hit the 3 switches, the Aliens and Synthetics will fight and almost ignore you completely if you do this fast enough, once you hit the third switch the Aliens will go away, and if thier are any synthetics left, take them out with the Combi Stick.

For the final boss just keep jumping back and forth between the power generators and spamming Plasma Caster, these generators will recharge it automatically. If he gets too close, just run/jump away (walking then jumping is smarter since you can fall in the lava and die instantly if you run) I can't say anything about the other 2 campaigns since I haven't played them above normal, but this is how I got through Predator pretty easy.