PDA

View Full Version : ff13 piggyback CE guide

allan2kai7
02-21-2010, 10:40 PM
i pre-ordered this yesterday in my local store, and was handed a mini guide for the mean time. Anyone else get one of these?

antnie
02-21-2010, 10:47 PM
From pre ordering the game or the guide?
If it is from the guide I might pre order it. Was it from gamestop?

Reverse
02-22-2010, 04:55 AM
I got one of those too when I preordered the game at Gamestop. The mini guide is a promo to get people to buy the full guide as well as the game. It sure did a good job of persuading me, cause I am picking uop the guide when I get my game. It has great tips for a mini, and gives you the walkthrough for the first three chapters of the game. Well worth it IMO.

And to answer your question Emperor, preordering the game gets you the mini guide.

Ozbaab
02-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Think I'll pick up the guide too, it's probably good to have with such a large game as FFXIII

allan2kai7
02-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Thats good then. I wasn't entirely sure. i got my mini copy from pre ordering the guide, but it could have been the game aswell, because i pre-ordered both at the same time.

It is pretty handy isnt it?
I would recommend to anyone, looking for that little bit of information about the game. Tells you a little about battle mechanics etc, not too much to overwhelm you though. and as someone mentioned the first 3 chapters of the game are covered. 30 pages long aswell i think? So worth it i think :)

Extra Saucy
02-25-2010, 09:58 PM
The mini guide is a nice preview, though the maps look painfully linear for the chapters presented. I'm not worried as I'm sure it's going to be chock full of content but I'm a little surprised at how simple the maps look so far...

Ozbaab
02-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Don't be suprised.. FFXIII is a whole new FF and a complete remake of the series. The game is VERY linear, atleast that's what I've heard from alot of reviews.

And that is ofc what's contributing to the overall lower score of 80~% on gamerankings.com

I know I'll have a blast anyways tho :)

skull3k3
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
you get a mini guide? all we get is limited edition character postcards....

But to be fair i dont really use a walkthrough my first playthrough makes it more interesting and fun IMO

apatDALAWAMPU
02-26-2010, 10:05 PM
you get a mini guide? all we get is limited edition character postcards....

You get a Collector's Edition...

The mini guide is a pre-order bonus from Gamestop. It's like a preview to convince one to buy the complete strategy guide.

Muse89
02-27-2010, 12:34 PM
iv preordered the CE guide on amazon, but apart from the front cover and the fact that its hardback is there any difference between the CE and normal edition?

allan2kai7
02-27-2010, 04:29 PM
There limited to one print run. AKA there all numbered. I think thats about it, apart from what you have named.

Muse89
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
ah well, there was only like 2 difference in price and the cover looks way better on the CE and iv always got the guides with each ff game

allan2kai7
02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
I have never bought a guide before. Either because i enjoy playing without one, least the first time through. Or i could find out on the internet.
I decided to purchase this just because its a limited print. If this game flies the way its meant to then i reckon all the CE stuff will sell for quite a bit in a few years time too.

SetoChaos
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know if this is going to include how you get all the achievements? I've preordered it so I hope so. The older Piggyback guides have been good.

APassingShadow
03-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Something else to note is this mini-guide gives you 10% of the guide if you buy a guide with FF13, this can also be stacked with an edge card to get an extra 10% off (20% off total)

XxNickTxX
03-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Does anyone know if this is going to include how you get all the achievements? I've preordered it so I hope so. The older Piggyback guides have been good.

I give it about a .01% chance of even mentioning achievements in there. Those books where more than likely printed before the achievements where discussed.

TheDeadspace
03-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Given that the achievement and trophy lists are virtually identical, I don't see it as an impossibility that there will be a page or two dedicated to how to unlock them. It's not as though they would have had to write something for them just because the game was going to appear on the 360 as well.

Kirye
03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I actually went out of my way to buy the CE guide on Barnes and Nobles, only 18$. >< I haven't boughten a guide for a game since FFX way back in like 2000? I used to buy a guide with each FF game, but was too broke to buy the FFXII guide since I bought the CE version of FFXII.. Which was pointless for the price I paid. XD

Regardless, I truly hope this game will be as amazing as it looks, and unfortunately I won't get my guide until 3 days after the game releases.. but i'll live.

SetoChaos
03-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I give it about a .01% chance of even mentioning achievements in there. Those books where more than likely printed before the achievements where discussed.

Well, at least none of the achievements are missable according to the Trophy guide. So it should at least have all of the information needed to unlock them even if it doesn't mention them.

retroboy
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Lol I preordered the collectors edition guide and game from amazon uk.

I saw on of these on ebay and bought it for 3.54 with P&P. Never knew they came from shops but hey I need it for the collection!

Also I would like to ask what FF isn't linear? They always end the same way. Jesus some reviewers.

Extra Saucy
03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
The guide description on amazon states that every achievement & trophy are explained in the guide. No need to worry it. Unless they screw something up, like the phantom treasures in the Lost Odyssey guide(but that was a different company). The fact that there are no missables makes me not worry at all anyway.

SetoChaos
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
The guide description on amazon states that every achievement & trophy are explained in the guide. No need to worry it. Unless they screw something up, like the phantom treasures in the Lost Odyssey guide(but that was a different company). The fact that there are no missables makes me not worry at all anyway.

Well that's good to know. I really hated that the Lost Odyssey guide missed around 5 treasures.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I didnt get no guide. :(
Still cant wait for game :D