PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the launch event in London?

Hairyearlobe
02-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone is, if they are dressing up for it, and what they are taking to get signed by Yoshinori Kitase? I for one won't be dressing up (just for a soundtrack??) but I'll defo be there.

Gonna see what I can get away with getting signed because I've got all the final fantasy games. But dunno if they'll set a limit or they'll only sign copies of final fantasy 13?

Not sure what time to go either. Seeing it starts at 4:30pm I guess people will start lining up really early (dare I say 6:00am??). I'll make sure to have a good laugh at he cosplayers freezing there nuts off : )

Vincentdante
02-22-2010, 03:04 PM
An event in london? damn why must I live in lincolnshire.

Hairyearlobe
02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah it is quite a journey. I live in Birmingham so it'll take a while for me to get there. But goin with a few mates to make a day of it (and for them to get more of my merchandise signed : D )

Ozbaab
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
What the hell! I want an event D:
Can't be arsed to get my ass to London though

Magic Coletrain
02-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Could you be a bit more specific? like times etc

is there any sites with the info?

sorry to be a pain

Hairyearlobe
02-24-2010, 09:03 AM
"Final Fantasy XIII Launch Event - HMV Oxford Circus plays host the launch event of Final Fantasy XIII on 9th March, 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Fans attending will be treated to a rare opportunity to meet Yoshinori Kitase, the producer of the game and Isamu Kamikokuryo, the game's art director. Also the first 50 people who come dressed in Final Fantasy costumes will be given a free Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack plus everyone who attends has a chance to win goodies. Entry is free to all."

Taken from hmv.co.uk

chanman
02-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Right about now I wish I lived near London.:p

DarkMellow
02-24-2010, 03:51 PM

omg so do i dude, its time like this i wish i was living in london

skull3k3
02-24-2010, 04:56 PM

I feel your pain. :(

Have fun at the launch event :)

xentaria
02-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Im only 30 mins away from London, id actually really like to go, ive even booked 2 weeks off work just for the game. But id rather be playing the game than waiting for hours to get it signed lol, hey is there a facebook group for this event at all?

UKOG Mubz
02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
i am going to this its gonna be a blast :woop:

TakahashiDemon
02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
I wish there was one in Belfast, I would be there like first in line, in my Squall cosplay, I don't know London so I can't really go :(

Muse89
02-27-2010, 12:38 PM
damn takes like half an hour to get to london on the train but by the time im out of college and get there the line will no doubt be maaaaaaassive, and if its only for 2 hours i dont fancy standing around in the cold just to have to go home empty handed

Lord Montymort
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Woo, another reason to be happy I moved to London, I'll be there, with my collection of Final Fantasy games, but I'm not going to be dressing up.

Infernox86
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm travelling down there with a friend on the day. I'm hoping that by some miracle Amazon will have delivered my copy of the game and the guide the day before as they sometimes do. If not i'm going to have to buy ANOTHER copy of both to get them signed and then return the others.

We'll be getting there about 2pm so i'm hoping there isn't a huge queue :(

Bishman293
03-04-2010, 07:58 PM
me and my mate will both be there, with hopefully my copy of the game, the guide (all collectors edition!) :woop:and maybe my FFVII advent children DVD to get them signed. its gonna be wicked see some of you lot there. :drunk

Mana Fiend
03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I wish somewhere up north had a release event. I'm in Liverpool, so getting down to London is going to be impossible, especially as I have lectures 9-10, and 11-1 *sad face*.

I may have to get as many people as possible to dance outside the local Gamestation, have our own release event. :P

boldfoxrd
03-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Oh wow. Another Lincs person lol.

I'd love to go there but I'll have to settle for buying the Super Elite at Game at 9am instead lol

Panda
03-05-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm considering going. I've preordered the Limited Edition so - I haven't bought it in HMV. I wonder if it matters? If it doesn't; I'll definitely be going!

erbas08
03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
will be there not in cosplay but would love to get photos with ppeps dressed up for the occason, signage ftw

Panda
03-07-2010, 01:00 AM
will be there not in cosplay but would love to get photos with ppeps dressed up for the occason, signage ftw

Yeah there will be cosplay. The first 50 people dressed in Cosplay will get the Limited Edition OST.

Vincentdante
03-07-2010, 05:05 AM
omg so do i dude, its time like this i wish i was living in london

Oh wow. Another Lincs person lol.

I'd love to go there but I'll have to settle for buying the Super Elite at Game at 9am instead lol

awesome, what are the odds of meeting some fellow lincolner's here :D

Bullcog
03-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Man i wish i could go, its not like the main minds behind this FF would come to our cold little rock, but i live too far and im broke as it is with too many games coming out if someone does go please do some footage or a picture.