Predalien boss as marine

Joey Longshot

I couldn't find any vids but the way i did it was with a shotgun, use the alt-fire a close range. It'll stun the alien boss everytime. One clip won't be enough so you'll need to put something between you and the boss while you reload (I suggest the area behind you when you start the boss battle, there are columns to hide behind and all the smaller aliens won't be able to get behind you).

If i had video record I put something up, it a pretty easy fight ones you get it down (I've killed the damn thing like 40 times doing the EXP glitch)

the predalien is when the facehugger attaches to a predator while a praetorien is the form right before the queen in the alien lifecycle... thats what wiki says atleast

Praetorian is generally the Royal Guard, normally encountered *before* the Matriarc, however, not in this game. Bit Wierd actually, taking out the queen on the second mission. However, if this was the case a Praetorian will generally mutate into the next Matriarc. Very Antish life cycle.

What I did while doing that XP glitch was run down the stairs, to the left and jump over the railing near that forklift thing, run up the stairs and run where the elevator is. Stand and strafe and stuff here to dodge the acid, the boss will just sit up there and no aliens will bother you on the lift. It's like a jesus spot.

Praetorian is generally the Royal Guard, normally encountered *before* the Matriarc, however, not in this game. Bit Wierd actually, taking out the queen on the second mission. However, if this was the case a Praetorian will generally mutate into the next Matriarc. Very Antish life cycle.

thats what i was kinda trying to say :)

Ok, I beat him... and in all fairness, the two species look pretty similar in this game. The predalien looked completely different in the movies... Thanks for the tips, the players guide was telling me to use the scoped rifle and run up and down those halls with the pillars, and it was just one shot comboing me. I didn't relize the shotgun stunned him.

Ok, I beat him... and in all fairness, the two species look pretty similar in this game. The predalien looked completely different in the movies... Thanks for the tips, the players guide was telling me to use the scoped rifle and run up and down those halls with the pillars, and it was just one shot comboing me. I didn't relize the shotgun stunned him.

for anyone else having trouble and you want to just face off with it, alt fire on the shotty and knowing when to book it to reload, using the pillars to help you out with being evasive... it's not as fast as the other aliens

however the PredAlien (encountered in the Predator campaign)... is MUCH faster, MUCH more agile, has that predator outer-mouth along with the regular alien mouth, not to mention smashes the ground with his "might".

Any way I'm sure there are others differences, those really stood out from my play through on my big hdtv with the face details and obviously so did the movement, etc..