PDA

View Full Version : Better than the Movies?

phenominality
02-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Now that i've got your attention...I'm not saying this game persay is better than any of the movies, especially not the 1st one (i didn't care for many past that), but i think the idea of making the Saw franchise a video game makes perfect sense. They have all they need for a story already written down for them. I would improve the puzzles by diversifying, (adding more logic and less sheer intelligence ones) revamping the combat system, increasing the game play time, and in turn, adding more depth and believeability to the plot. If this game came out without any of the movies present, we'd be looking at this game a lot differently. It has many problems, but an audience is not one of them. If they make it, we will play it.

I think it fits a video game formula better than a film.

v_thorne
02-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I definently don't find it better than the movies.

For one, Movie to Game adaptations are NEVER as good as the movies.
However, this is one that stands above the rest. I'm looking forward to a part two with the things you mentioned hopefully revamped.

phenominality
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, that's not saying much. I don't think the movies are very good, or much more than a reaon to show unique ways to kill people. That's cool but doesn't serve much purpose besides that, which it seemed they intended to set out for in the 1st. A video game (a less popular medium) has more wiggle room and a longer shelf time. It has the ability to expand with proper storytelling and atmosphere. The time of these movies has passed, while the game has a golden opportunity. I'm sure no one will capitalize though, and we'll get another sub-par romp through a dusty warehouse.

Deadly Moves
02-25-2010, 10:59 AM
its nowhere near as good as the films.. but i enjoyed it... the combat was terrible though

LeeDoc40
02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
So as a fan of the movies - is this a game worth buying which will keep my attention rather than being tried just once or twice

phenominality
02-27-2010, 11:25 AM
@LeeDoc40

This game is the definition of RENT (or GameFly). Under no circumstances purchase this game. You'll play through it once and that's all you'll want and need from it. It's really short so you should have no problem beating it under those time constraints.

Molneze3
04-07-2010, 07:42 AM
I agree with most posts above, but wanted to say... this is defiantly one of the better MOVIE to GAME adaptations out there. Think of some of them that are out there; Terminator: Salvation, Lost, CSIs (TV shows ok), and don't get me started on most Disney games just to name a few. The fighting in this horrible... ok, so its not a fighter, so what. I thought the puzzles were a little repetitious, and the weapons wern't all that great, but all in all... this wasn't at all a bad game. Very smartly put together like the movies. Defiantly took some time.
Like above, a renter for sure, but a definite rental at that. If your a fan of the movies at all, give this game a shot. Just don't buy it. To short, and no re-playability at all